Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

How much serious interest is there in a complete ECU replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 11:49 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

allright, i guess put me down

even FI seems to still be affected by the ECU's adjustments...
Old 05-13-2005, 12:10 PM
KWIKZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65
allright, i guess put me down

even FI seems to still be affected by the ECU's adjustments...

cool,

we need alot more names to make this happen....
Old 05-13-2005, 05:55 PM
samurai1

Default Very Intersted in a new ECU

I definately am interested in a new ECU if it is in the price range of $400.00 to $700.00. I have a 2004 Z 5AT. I would also be interested in different stages depending on Mods. Would be nice if it was programable, but what ever I can get.
Thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 07:48 PM
DomZ

Originally Posted by samurai1
I definately am interested in a new ECU if it is in the price range of $400.00 to $700.00. I have a 2004 Z 5AT. I would also be interested in different stages depending on Mods. Would be nice if it was programable, but what ever I can get.
Thanks
It would be nice to set up maybe a minor stage system like Z32's have
Old 05-13-2005, 09:00 PM
ReavTek

I am interested. 2003 6mt/$1000-$1200 Complete tuning solution with no worries about stock ECU getting pissy.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:16 AM
GUS-Z

I still do not see how you can say the ECU is more complicated than the other OBD II computers nissan could still very inexpensivley enlarge the range of MAF, A/F, TIMING paramamiters easily allowing the computer not to re compinsate for mod's. The o2 sensors are an easy fix with the anti foulers. Go a head and put all that money into a full race ECU and see how many you sell , let alone the tuning and dyno time. Wasted effort ! Most all members of this forum are street guy's some with amature track time . Take a poll you will see there budget range.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:30 AM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GUS-Z
I still do not see how you can say the ECU is more complicated than the other OBD II computers nissan could still very inexpensivley enlarge the range of MAF, A/F, TIMING paramamiters easily allowing the computer not to re compinsate for mod's. The o2 sensors are an easy fix with the anti foulers. Go a head and put all that money into a full race ECU and see how many you sell , let alone the tuning and dyno time. Wasted effort ! Most all members of this forum are street guy's some with amature track time . Take a poll you will see there budget range.
Our ECU's are part of a new generation of ECU's. They are run almost as a neural network of many smaller ECU's. Very difficult to change and program without effecting the functioning of it.

We have sensors for Electronic Brake Force Distribution, ABS, VDC, Traction Control, etc that all have to work with the drive-by-wire throttle and variable valve timing, fuzzy logic A/F compensation, etc and probably a whole bunch of other sh*t we have no idea about. No mainstream production car before this generation's has had to process so much information.

Last edited by zillinois; 05-14-2005 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:13 AM
GUS-Z

Bull ! It is called a BUS system. The Z may have a few more features for the ECU to talk to , But all the latest models have that. The BUS system is no more than communication between dash, ABS, so on and so forth. Face it they built this vehical to go 200,000 miles. It is plainly a de-tuned ECU. As for the comment about mopar & there staged systems. They will not void warranty, and go figure a 245 hp stock SRT4 at the flywheel making over 300 at the wheels for $2000 in total parts. Not to mention they offer all the upgrades for the new hemi. Some stages are not emmissions friendly, but they do not throw the light.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:35 AM
GUS-Z

I just had to re post. Iam not knocking there car . I love it, it is fantastic car ! But until we get a wider paramiter ECU for the average driving mods ie non full track. You are limited in what mods can be done with out ECU compansation. This is the most important issue to be adressed. it should be the first item done, when looking for HP & torque. You can re-tune certain parameters of an ECU , without going near the bus system communications . It will take a replacement ECU to do it .
Old 05-14-2005, 07:41 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Count me in as well...

03' PERFORMANCE

$ = $500 - $750 Once this/these individuals create a "solid solution" they will have potentially HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of customers! This is a "fair & reasonable price".
Old 05-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Guys, if I don't get a response from the company on Monday, i'm going to have to call this thing off. I'm not sure if they weren't serious (even though they said they were) or if the customer rep. is trying to ask the owner of the company sometime. I have no idea, but I do know that they haven't replied after the first reply.

If anyone wants to take over this thing PM me and i'll tell you the company and give you the website.

Wait until Tuesday before you do that though.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:45 PM
accordfreak

if it work like the AEM standalone that's going to come out or the HKS standalone, then i'm in.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Vader007

Count me in!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Guys, if I don't get a response from the company on Monday, i'm going to have to call this thing off. I'm not sure if they weren't serious (even though they said they were) or if the customer rep. is trying to ask the owner of the company sometime. I have no idea, but I do know that they haven't replied after the first reply.

If anyone wants to take over this thing PM me and i'll tell you the company and give you the website.

Wait until Tuesday before you do that though.
on speed tv this weekend, i saw a company called "edge" that is big on ecu mods. should i call this company and see if they're interested in looking at ours?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by accordfreak
if it work like the AEM standalone that's going to come out....
AEM has put the 350Z EMS on hold

it's not coming out anytime soon in the foreseeable future...
Old 05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
accordfreak

Originally Posted by sentry65
AEM has put the 350Z EMS on hold

it's not coming out anytime soon in the foreseeable future...
hold? where'd u hear that? from what I read on the aem forum they're still working on it.. that was back in april

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewto...r=asc&start=20
Old 05-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I think someone called AEM and they told them that they had put it on hold...this is probably the third of fourth time this has happened so don't worry. AEM has more important projects...in their eye's at least (if only they realized the business they could get).
Old 05-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by Z BOY
on speed tv this weekend, i saw a company called "edge" that is big on ecu mods. should i call this company and see if they're interested in looking at ours?
This company?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Guys, an update, I just sent them the last email. If I don't get a response by Thursday, I will be shooting the idea to another company. (not sure who yet, going to do some research)
Old 05-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
yup, that's the one. i only see usd makes on their website, but you never know until you ask, right?

Quick Reply: How much serious interest is there in a complete ECU replacement?