Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Rogue Shifter....nice!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005 | 01:28 PM
ZZtopp

Default Rogue Shifter....nice!!

When I had the APS TT system installed, I also had an ACT clutch and flywheel put in at the same time. Although the clutch felt much better, the shifter was transmitting much more noise and vibration into the cabin than with the factory clutch/flywheel. This is to be expected somewhat, but it recently developed the notorious "shifter rattle" that I had heard so many people complain about.

I just installed the Rogue short shifter, and not only is all the tranmitted noise completely gone, but the once vague and mushy gearbox is now as precise and smooth as it should have come from the factory. The difference is truly astonishing. This car is getting to be more fun to drive all the time.
Old 07-18-2005 | 01:37 PM
raptorbh12

where can you pick up a rogue shifter at? Hows the price compared to the B&M?
Old 07-18-2005 | 01:40 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by raptorbh12
where can you pick up a rogue shifter at? Hows the price compared to the B&M?
350evo is a sponsor here that carries them.
Old 07-18-2005 | 03:22 PM
GZire

You can also buy direct from Rogue:

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merc...Category_Code=
Old 07-18-2005 | 03:36 PM
V35

Yep you can get it direct or from 350evo.com I just ordered my and waiting for it to get installed this weekend, can't wait! btw anyone interested should order them before supplies run out because Rogue doesn't plan on making anymore unless a major distributor orders another 100.
Old 07-18-2005 | 04:03 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by V35
Yep you can get it direct or from 350evo.com I just ordered my and waiting for it to get installed this weekend, can't wait! btw anyone interested should order them before supplies run out because Rogue doesn't plan on making anymore unless a major distributor orders another 100.
Really? That sucks....Nissan should order 50,000 and put them in the G's and Z's.....it sure as hell beats their shifter.
Old 07-19-2005 | 01:29 PM
bascelik

Not all rogues are nice. Mine is notchy, very notchy. Diff is shorter shift, which also makes the already-notchy shifter into a notchier one (for me).
Old 07-19-2005 | 01:39 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO
Premier Member

Nice! Although I have heard simply the opposite of this shifter. It seems that, in general, most short shifters (although improving the throw) actually causes more vibration/rattle. The only one I've heard that has revised their shifter thus far to reduce this is 350evo's shifter which, from my understanding, is their V2. V3, from what I've heard is still in the works. Is this particular Rogue Shifter you have a revised version?
Old 07-19-2005 | 11:22 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
Nice! Although I have heard simply the opposite of this shifter. It seems that, in general, most short shifters (although improving the throw) actually causes more vibration/rattle. The only one I've heard that has revised their shifter thus far to reduce this is 350evo's shifter which, from my understanding, is their V2. V3, from what I've heard is still in the works. Is this particular Rogue Shifter you have a revised version?
Not sure....all I know is that this shifter makes the OEM one feel and sound like a piece of crap.
Old 07-19-2005 | 11:50 PM
sentry65
the burninator
Premier Member

It feels more precise, but at the same time it takes more effort to get the gears to click into gear. I'm not sure I can for sure say it's faster, but I don't think I like it worse than stock necessarily either so I never went back to stock.
Old 07-20-2005 | 10:29 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by sentry65
It feels more precise, but at the same time it takes more effort to get the gears to click into gear. I'm not sure I can for sure say it's faster, but I don't think I like it worse than stock necessarily either so I never went back to stock.
More effort?? Hmmmm...maybe, but not very much at all....maybe 10% more. The trade off between the precision, lack of vibration and silence is a no brainer.
Old 07-20-2005 | 11:02 AM
HankVQ

I've had my Rouge shifter for over a year now and still love it. Yes it is a tad notchier than the stock but it is very precise and makes no noise whatsoever.
Old 07-20-2005 | 11:18 AM
JDMFairlady21

Originally Posted by HankVQ
I've had my Rouge shifter for over a year now and still love it. Yes it is a tad notchier than the stock but it is very precise and makes no noise whatsoever.
that almost makes up my mind out the short shifters... any other folks out there that can testify bout this product?
Old 07-20-2005 | 02:25 PM
ZXiMan

I just ordered and recieved my Rogue Engineering shifter and will have it installed on my '05 G35 sedan tommorow. I'll post a short review when I get my car back.
Old 07-21-2005 | 10:07 AM
GZire

Originally Posted by JDMFairlady21
that almost makes up my mind out the short shifters... any other folks out there that can testify bout this product?
04 6mt G35 coupe......

Yes it's a bit notchier, but definitely feels more precise and the increased vibration dampening is a plus. You have to remember that effort will increase with any short shifter kit, but it's not enough to bother me.

I have the Rogue and I'd recommend it to anyone with a Z or G.
Old 07-21-2005 | 10:23 AM
symalik

i just installed mine on my 05 coupe last week and its awesome. definately a little bit more effort to shift but shifts perfect, its very precise and definately less vibrations. never have to search for the gate, it just glides away. would recommend it for sure, but when you do get it, get the shifter cup too for like $10 because its worth it. taking the old one has to be hard, because putting the new one on took some work as well.
Old 07-21-2005 | 10:35 AM
Tantrum Z33

I have the Rogue SS as well and will recommend it to any Z/G owner. I recently got my Z back from a tranny replacement. No more grinds, however, when the shifter is in gear, It has alot of play. The funny thing is, I don't remember the shifter doing this before my tranny TSB. The gates are still crisp but there is alot of play when it's in gear. Guys, does your Rogue shifter do the same?
Old 07-22-2005 | 06:34 PM
ZXiMan

I noticed this as well...

I also did NOT like the Nismo leather **** (which makes the shifter very short) because it takes too much effort to shift. I bought a longer **** for temp use until I can find my stock one. Otherwise, it's a nice feel.
Old 07-22-2005 | 11:24 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally Posted by JDMFairlady21
The Rogue is a very good shifter .. just like ZZtop and others have posted ... and I have tried them all ..

Stock -> B&M -> Rogue -> 350EVO version1 -> Rogue -> 350EVO version1 (second try) -> Rogue ...

I am waiting for the 350EVO version3 .... but I may try re-installing the EVO350 version 1 (if I can get the spacer from BJ that they are using in version2) -- while waiting for version3 which I do plan to get.

My first 2 installs of the 350EVO ss were not good on my Z .. too hard to shift. However, many others have found this shifter to be the best (and I am a firm believer in short shifters being car specific).

Last edited by fairladyZ in Japan; 07-22-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-24-2005 | 02:26 PM
V35

I just got my RE installed by Chad and right from the get-go I can tell that it took a bit more effort to shift but it is precise and shorter. I topped it off with a new Sparco shift **** my gf got me for our anniv.

Last edited by V35; 07-24-2005 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Rogue Shifter....nice!!