Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Finally got my reflash done at TS with dyno results!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Finally got my reflash done at TS with dyno results!

The car seems to pull harder at certain rpms and it is definitely weird shifting it at 7100 I need to fix my exhaust leak tomorrow and dyno the car at Church's Automotive to see if my AEM wideband is reading correctly at 11.5:1 at WOT
Old 09-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It was nice seeing you there yesterday hope the flash is what u're looking for...

Old 09-10-2005, 11:08 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did they get your A/F "perfect" or just tell you that it's perfect?

mine has never been remotely near good and I've sent it back to them 4 times with A/F charts showing me at 14's at redline. I initially went there in person and they street tuned it, said the A/F was perfect. Back in AZ, dynoed and was detonating like crazy on the dyno
Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

“seems to pull harder”

A dyno chart will be nice. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by sentry65

mine has never been remotely near good and I've sent it back to them 4 times with A/F charts showing me at 14's at redline. I initially went there in person and they street tuned it, said the A/F was perfect. Back in AZ, dynoed and was detonating like crazy on the dyno
Right now, I am going off of my AEM wideband readings and it is reading pig rich for NA at 11.5:1. I am not sure if the O2 sensor has gone bad or not, so I want to dyno it and compare results. If it is the same, I will have them reprogram it with a more agressive AF ratio
Old 09-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by davidv
“seems to pull harder”

A dyno chart will be nice. Thanks.
Yikes. I hope that you do not have to be nice to people for a living
Old 09-10-2005, 02:41 PM
LaoSiFu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Yikes. I hope that you do not have to be nice to people for a living
I assume he is working @ the local DMV. I reconize the attitude
Old 09-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Update. I removed the "spark plug non fouler mod" to place my stock O2 sensors closer and it seems to have allowed the ECU to lean up the AF mixture a bit. According to my AEM wideband, I am now running 11.9-12.3:1. Let's see what the dyno says next week if Powertrain Dynamics or Church Automotive call me back
Old 09-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Risk

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Update. I removed the "spark plug non fouler mod" to place my stock O2 sensors closer and it seems to have allowed the ECU to lean up the AF mixture a bit. According to my AEM wideband, I am now running 11.9-12.3:1. Let's see what the dyno says next week if Powertrain Dynamics or Church Automotive call me back

I've dynod at Powertrain Dynamics before when I lived in HB. They usually hook you up with a great deal for a Dynojet. I want to get my car dynod again after I put my cats in. Last dyno was 245whp with just my Invidia exhaust!! Im curious to see what the popcharger, flywheel, cats do to it. Oh, and I was thinking of doing a reflash as well.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Risk
I've dynod at Powertrain Dynamics before when I lived in HB. They usually hook you up with a great deal for a Dynojet. I want to get my car dynod again after I put my cats in. Last dyno was 245whp with just my Invidia exhaust!! Im curious to see what the popcharger, flywheel, cats do to it. Oh, and I was thinking of doing a reflash as well.
That's pretty good with just my favorite exhaust I am curious on what I get as well
Old 09-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Powertrain Dynamic's is a good dyno shop!

Ive had a few done there my self...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:33 AM
InsaneChink

Sentry,
so are you saying i shoudnt get reflash done there at TS?? Has anyone else had problems with them?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

what were the conditions at your dyno?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep us updated on your dyno. Did you have a previous dyno with a/f to show them? When I sent my ecu in I was 14:1 at richest and as lean as over 15:1! I sent them my mods list, and my latest dyno with a/f. One week after receiving it I redyno'd and my a/f was PERFECT all the way from 2500-7100, it is right at 13:1-looks like somebody perfectly tuned my car in house. I was very happy. I dont understand how they can nail my a/f so well, and mess others up so much. Sentry did you take an a/f graph when you went in?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:34 AM
sentry65
the burninator

this is really old news, but my dyno was like 80 degrees, 91 octane gas, practically no humidity, and I think AZ is at a different elevation than CA. I dunno might have been a bad tank of gas to cause the detonation on my initial run, but my A/F was lean off the chart...

So I proceded to send dyno and A/F charts back to TS 4 times in a row, each time begging for more gas cause I'm so lean. Each time it generally got better, but because I didn't have a wideband yet, it was costing me $100 each time. $20 to ship the ECU there, $20 to ship it back, and $60 to dyno - not to mention 3 days without my car. It got old REAL fast and I'm still lean.

Trying to install the emanage ultimate now....
Old 09-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Update! I am running....

RICH!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Arrow

The wideband gauge was reading correct after all. During the runs, it was reading as rich as 11.2 on the wideband at WOT I guess my tuning was for 91 octane pump gas FI

I called Technosquare and I will reflash it again with a more agressive fuel mixture to extract better power and re-dyno it again with the g35 guys on dyno day. Anyways here is the graphs with exhaust leak and all

http://members.***.net/speedjunkies96/dyno2.jpg

http://members.***.net/speedjunkies96/dyno1.jpg

Last edited by Rickdogg; 09-16-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Badmonkey

I had similar issues at TS. I drove down several days in a row and had Brian re-flash my ECU countless times. He finally had it for an entire day and got it close. I got very frustrated, but Brian did work very hard to get it where it is now. I have not dyno'd since my last flash. I was fine until a certain rpm, then I would shoot to the lean side. The first time I was fine until 5500 rpm then my A/F would skyrocket from 11.0 to above 14. My dyno guy shut it down before we blew something. It happened on 3 consecutive runs. I then went back to TS and Brian "roadtested" it, said it was fine according to his clamp-on A/F meter. I then went back to get another dyno, same thiong happened, only at a different rpm. Thius time at 4700 rpm it shot upward again. I then had the dyno guy stay on it for another run, because I was running fine on the street, according to my A/F gauge. This time it went lean at 4700 until about 5300, then it went back to normal. I went back with all the dyno sheets, that is when Brian had it for the entire day. I haven't had it back to the dyno, yet. I did buy and install the Emanage Ultimate, however and will be going to Brainstorm for some fine tuning, real soon.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Badmonkey
I had similar issues at TS. I drove down several days in a row and had Brian re-flash my ECU countless times. He finally had it for an entire day and got it close. I got very frustrated, but Brian did work very hard to get it where it is now. I have not dyno'd since my last flash. I was fine until a certain rpm, then I would shoot to the lean side. The first time I was fine until 5500 rpm then my A/F would skyrocket from 11.0 to above 14. My dyno guy shut it down before we blew something. It happened on 3 consecutive runs. I then went back to TS and Brian "roadtested" it, said it was fine according to his clamp-on A/F meter. I then went back to get another dyno, same thiong happened, only at a different rpm. Thius time at 4700 rpm it shot upward again. I then had the dyno guy stay on it for another run, because I was running fine on the street, according to my A/F gauge. This time it went lean at 4700 until about 5300, then it went back to normal. I went back with all the dyno sheets, that is when Brian had it for the entire day. I haven't had it back to the dyno, yet. I did buy and install the Emanage Ultimate, however and will be going to Brainstorm for some fine tuning, real soon.
Hopefully I don't have to make multiple trips to the dyno because #1 it is far from me and #2 it is getting costly for a reflash
Old 09-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very common for these cars to run totally differently on a dyno vs the street. Since most dyno's are not load bearing, they are good to get peak #'s and not much else. At the end of the day though, a wideband in the right spot (test pipe) without exhaust leaks does not lie...the dyno often does

Adam

Quick Reply: Finally got my reflash done at TS with dyno results!