Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Idle adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
To my knowledge only up to the 04.5 model. After that I think its a locked out feature...I haven't tried personally though. My idle is at 900 using the Turbonetics flash.
Wow, that is definately a big mistake from Nissan I have a 04.5.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:23 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Zexy
Wow, that is definately a big mistake from Nissan I have a 04.5.
Well like I said don't quote me on that cause thats just what I have heard from buddies. I have not tried it myself.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:47 AM
PunKidd

OK, this is the first time I've talked about our new product on the Forums, but this thread is related to some of the capabilities of our system so take a look.
http://www.uprev.com/products/cipher.html

It's not listed on the web site yet, but Cypher does allow you to adjust the target idle RPM. Cypher also lets you advance the timing. We saw a gain of 2-3HP across the entire RPM range on our 05 touring model bone stock w/ the timing advanced 2 deg (no knock). It’s not much, but it does give you a slight gain, even on a bone stock car. On our 05 it will only store ignition advance of +2 deg.
Upgrades to the software over the next few months will add ALL the same functionality of the Nissan Consult II (including active tests and work support) w/ end user re-flash capability on the way in the next year or so (will require additional cost for software upgrade, but re-flash will use the same hardware).
We have a target release date of either before Christmas or mid Jan depending on how much interest we can drum up by the end of Nov. Pricing is currently set at $400. If we can get definite sales of at least 25 units by the end of Nov (possible group buy w/ discount) then we’ll have it on the market in mid Dec.
W/ that said, who wants one?
Jared@UpRev.com

PS:
Anyone in the Austin TX area looking to get their idle increased or ignition advanced, shoot me an e-mail. We can hook up on a night or weekend and I’ll do it for free in exchange for some feedback on our system.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:48 AM
PunKidd

Oh yeah, you can adjust idle on 05s too.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Zexy

^ Wow, that unit looks great.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:20 AM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That doing look great. Even in the nere future software upgrades. I might be interested in one,

well you be able to set the idle rpms higher, rev limiter, A/F?

Last edited by james840a; 11-10-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:16 AM
PunKidd

1st release (Cypher) will let you set idle RPMs.

The rev limiter, AFR table, ignition table adjustments will come w/ the end user re-flash (in 2006). As well as adjustment/removal of error code thresholds (like O2 sensors), adjustment/removal of the speed limiter.
There are a lot of other advanced features we’ll be able to offer w/ the re-flash such as, you'll be able to make REAL TIME adjustments via your laptop (even w/ the car running under load on the dyno). We're also working on storing switch able maps on the ECU that you could change via the Cruse or climate control switches. The plan is to make the ECU work just like a full stand alone, even for radical applications such as forced induction (w/ the upgrade of a few sensors, like an aftermarket MAP sensor).

At this point, I don't want to get anyone too excited about the re-flash (even though I’m really excited about it) because we haven't begun to test it yet. We're really focusing on the diagnostic/data-logging side of things for now because that will be the primary tool required to tune the ECU when we release the re-flash.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:36 PM
johnlotusboy

Thumbs up

If this is true, the answer to all problems is resolved!!!