Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Who is using the J&S safeguard and your expeirence

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Fairlady_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is using the J&S safeguard and your expeirence

Hi im looking into buying a J&S safeguard for my Greddy TT kit some people have told me that is not necessary on stock to 6 pound boost but should get it to be on the safe side. I just wanted your expeirence with the J&S and is it worth getting. Thanks in advance
Old 11-18-2005, 05:24 AM
Mean Gene

Thumbs up J&S

I've had my Safeguard for almost a year now & it's certainly worth the money! I have the aggressive N/A reflash from TechnoSquare & was told that the timing maps therein were too severe to use w/nitrous & that the VQ wouldn't survive if I stacked nitrous on it. Problem is that the car just doesn't run worth a d*** w/o the reflash so instead of sending the ECU back to T/S for their L-spec reflash ( & having the car run like a dog N/A ) I decided to install the J&S along w/the optional gauge that tells how much ( if any ) timing it pulls. So far I'm up to a 125hp shot ( for the past 6 months ) & yes, it does pull some timing occasionally ( mostly in hot weather ) so it's doing it's job. . I plan on keeping it with my built motor & can't recommend it highly enough!
Old 11-18-2005, 06:49 AM
jkaale

Default The J & S was highly recomended to me.

I am having one put on my car in two weeks. Here is what I know. The greddy ignition harness is known to blow coils. The J & S has three modes to retard timing,(crutial to making sure you don't blow your motor)one is boost based, the second is rpm based, and the third is knock sensor based. This will give you the ability to turn up your boost to 8 psi without having to worry about damaging your motor. A larger fuel pump would also be required, as well as a pressure sensor/harness and a O2 wideband. The guy to talk to about this is Gus at Japtrix. You can email him at gusm@japtrix.com
Old 11-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's good to have it if you're planning to pull timing, otherwise it's not needed at stock boost.