Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

KJR Crank Pulley or UR Crank Pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rico3682
havok, want to try and set up a group buy on this. if we can get enough, maybe they would do $100 for the stock size crank pulley.
I'll make the call and see what I can work out.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by dream724Z
A brandX pulley without its Vendor documenting their manufacturing or qualification process is risky. Breaking a belt could toast your $6k motor. There should be early warning cracks, so check it often.
I'll remember you said that.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:09 PM
dream724Z

I'm very glad you found affordable and pretty performance pulleys! I've witnessed numerous drilled AL parts fail, thus why I'm conservative on crucial parts. Good luck with them!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by dream724Z
I'm very glad you found affordable and pretty performance pulleys! I've witnessed numerous drilled AL parts fail, thus why I'm conservative on crucial parts. Good luck with them!
I hope that when I write my review all your concerns will have been put to rest.

If it mean anything I do understand where you're coming from. I personally only put quality parts on my car. But I don't allow myself to get blinded by all the "Name Branded Marketing BS" either.
I think you'd be really suprised to find out that all the money you spend buying into that "name brands" are really being manufactured from outside that company. What you really end up paying for is a brand name and a pretty little stick.
After speaking to the ower of CNR and finding out just a few of the accounts they've held in the past with Nissan and Rally-Art racing teams (just to name a few), I have little doubt in my mind regarding the attention to detail and quality that will come from any of their products.

A Rose by any other name.... Is still a flower. Catch my meaning?

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 02-25-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:27 AM
lamaz

So is their a set of pulleys that has all of the pulleys at stock sizes? Basically the only advantage would be that they are lightweight. So that we can save our stock belts and those who are F/I can use.

-LamaZ
Old 02-27-2006, 06:38 AM
dream724Z

>I hope that when I write my review all your concerns will have been put to rest. >

That would require destruction testing. Are you buying six?

>I personally only put quality parts on my car. But I don't allow myself to get blinded by all the "Name Branded Marketing BS" either.
I think you'd be really suprised to find out that all the money you spend buying into that "name brands" are really being manufactured from outside that company. What you really end up paying for is a brand name and a pretty little stick. <

Good point! That's the greatest thing about this forum, it leverages Membership's collective experience to distill component value.

>After speaking to the ower of CNR and finding out just a few of the accounts they've held in the past with Nissan and Rally-Art racing teams (just to name a few), <

While potentially impressive, Racers tend to swap everything often. Racing stress is one of many qualification metric cases. Great manufacturers use thorough test qualification plans so they are not liable for shipping junk.

>A Rose by any other name.... Is still a flower. Catch my meaning?<

This flower has to spin at 7k RPM and stay balanced.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:38 AM
jcarp

any body even have a problem lining up the key in the crank and the pulley.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
PINITI-FX

Originally Posted by lamaz
So is their a set of pulleys that has all of the pulleys at stock sizes? Basically the only advantage would be that they are lightweight. So that we can save our stock belts and those who are F/I can use.

-LamaZ
Is This Correct? ???Choices??? Underdrive + 2 belts possibly frees up @ 1-3 more HP VS. Stock-Size (safer) needs NO Belts, may or may not free up a couple of ponies! Choices! http://www.crazynutracing.com/index....7a112b3c27e693

Last edited by PINITI-FX; 02-27-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:26 PM
lamaz

Originally Posted by PINITI-FX
Is This Correct? ???Choices??? Underdrive + 2 belts possibly frees up @ 1-3 more HP / Stock-Size (safer) needs NO Belts, may or may not free up a couple of ponies! Choices! http://www.crazynutracing.com/index....7a112b3c27e693
What do you mean only 1-3 more HP?! My understanding is that it is atleast 5 HP given the weight reduction alone (in the stock size).

BTW thanks for posting this link, it answers my question. YES, there is a stock size set.

Didn't CNR used to do "hard coating"? The only options are now powder coating. Is this true, or is it yet another website update waiting to happen?

-LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 02-27-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:39 PM
PINITI-FX

Originally Posted by lamaz
What do you mean only 1-3 more HP?!
Sorry - that possible difference is underdrive size VS. Stock-Size.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
lamaz

Default Switch-A-Roo

Did anybody else notice that there are two websites being quoted here for the CNR people?

www.crazynutracing.com
www.cnrbillet.com

If you look at the contact us section, it's the same phone number and city, but a different physical address...Phishy.

Anyways, PINITI-FX I'm not asking you if its 5+ horsepower increase based on weight... I'm telling you. Here is a quote from www.kjrperformance.com which sells stock size pulley:

Originally Posted by www.kjrperformace.com
A 350Z tested with a KJR Performance pulley averaged gains of 4.8 foot pounds of torque and 7.9 horsepower. This goes along with the rule of thumb that for each pound taken off the crank, an estimated 2.7 horsepower can be achieved. An estimated 4 to 6 foot pounds of torque and 6-11 horsepower can be expected.
I will probably be going with KJR. They state that there pulleys are balanced to G 6.3 standard (which apparently is very important). KJR has alot of happy customers on this forum, and it's only $10.00 difference (shipped).

-LamaZ
Old 02-28-2006, 02:15 PM
PINITI-FX

KJR's Pully is contracted out to a machine shop to be produced, just like UR does it. ~ It looks like CNR IS A MACHINE SHOP that does a variety of jobs, so why would you doubt if it's balanced? ... that's also probably why they have a few sites and another one on e-bay also. Their Pulleys look pretty good too! http://www.crazynutracing.com/index....05d9904d752af2 ... and Man - look at all those colors available on their site! I'd do a SEARCH - might be surprised at what you'd find, just a helpful thought.
Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
CNR: Balanced = Yes (Duh)
CNR: Coated = Yes (In almost any coating you can think of including hard coating)
CNR: Cost = Cheapest out of anyone else on the market so far. www.cnrbillet.com

CNR wins my vote!

Last edited by PINITI-FX; 03-01-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Tortuga

May want to change the date to March 10th, not February. Those pulleys look nice, I would buy one but I already purchased a crank pulley a couple of months ago. I'm sure these slots will fill up quickly.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Tortuga
May want to change the date to March 10th, not February. Those pulleys look nice, I would buy one but I already purchased a crank pulley a couple of months ago. I'm sure these slots will fill up quickly.

Good Catch. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:56 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May want to prepare for post deletion instead....
Old 03-03-2006, 06:05 PM
rico3682

Im down for a stock size set for $110. This is all 3 pulleys correct and i can retain my factory belts? where and when do i sent money? paypal? pm me.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
I went over the terms of use again and found this...

18.) GROUP BUYS
Members are to post what they would like a Group Buy on, and wait for a sponsoring vendor to reply and set it up from there. If a vendor is willing to make a profit from this site, they should be willing to step up and become a sponsor and give back to the site that is helping them make the profit. Any post made containing information on a Group Buy being handled by a company who is not a paying advertiser of this site will be locked or deleted. Any company attempting to set up or promote a Group Buy without being a sponsoring vendor is subject to banishment. .

I think you might be right.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by rico3682
Im down for a stock size set for $110. This is all 3 pulleys correct and i can retain my factory belts? where and when do i sent money? paypal? pm me.
Hold off rico. I'm going to need clearance from our admins before we can proceed. Sorry dude.

If you guys can have one of the Admins or Mods PM me and let me know it's OK to do a GB then I'll repost the information. Until then we'll have to put things on hold. Sorry again guys but my membership means more to me than the nothing I'd be getting in return for setting up this GB in the first place.

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 03-03-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
PINITI-FX

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
They deleted posts and promising new vendors again, didn't they Must? ...sorta reminds ya of F/A doesn't it? ~ Since our bond is the VQ ... maybe this will help 'em not to be so Narrow or Closed minded & Vendor Unfriendly ...hopefully! http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/vie...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by PINITI-FX; 03-04-2006 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Havok_RLS2

Default I've been approved to run the GB for the CNR Pulleys.

If anyone is interested in a group buy on the CNR Pulley I have been authorized to grant a special offer to our My350z.com members open until Next Friday (03-10-2006).

Under drive set = $100.00 (Replacement belts are Required)
Stock size lighten set = $110.00 (Uses Stock sized belts)

We much have a minimum of 10 orders to receive this special sale price ending on 03-10-2006 at 11:00pm EST. No funds will be exchanged until the end of this group buy.
Add your member names to the list below and PM me with your order and zip code. Shipping cost IS NOT included in the special sale price of any of the pulley sets and will be calculated at the end of the GB.

PM me if you have any questions.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: KJR Crank Pulley or UR Crank Pulley?