Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Alright bought what i need, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Daytona350Texas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright bought what i need, now what?

Well you cant see my sig cause there isnt any yet... but (without warranty being voided) i now have, JWT pop, MD cop therm spacer, resnd test pipes, borla TD exhaust, UR pulley/belts... now my question is, what the heck should i get next? i dont want cams(yet)/headers.... i love my rims which are painted rays track rims, i will need tires but not yet... im for a loss at what i should get next and i still have 2 family members CCs to buy my xmas gift!!!! i just cant find anything! I want turbo but I really cant buy it yet, or with their CCs haha i do have a somewhat limit... should i go ahead and buy components for turbo (ie gauges/pods/emanage or utec... etc? or spend on a ecu flash with the components upgraded listed above?)

Sorry so lengthy, but im at a COMPLETE loss of whats next, i dont track so suspension is fine for now, im still about performance and looks.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:51 PM
Fairlady_z33

If you want get your turbo gauges boost, A/F, EGT or just save that amount of money that they are going to give you and just get your turbo kit ASAP thats pretty much the only thing that i see thats rosonable to get next.or get a clutch with flywheel.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:20 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

get a flash or a utec/e-manage
Old 01-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Dubai

If your going turbo stick with EMS, dont bother with a reflash unless you want to redline at 7100RPM and remove the speed limiter
Old 01-01-2006, 03:43 AM
MoodDude

How about just getting cash, I always like that as a gift. That way you can save it for when you install your FI.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas
Well you cant see my sig cause there isnt any yet... but (without warranty being voided) i now have, JWT pop, MD cop therm spacer, resnd test pipes, borla TD exhaust, UR pulley/belts... now my question is, what the heck should i get next? i dont want cams(yet)/headers.... i love my rims which are painted rays track rims, i will need tires but not yet... im for a loss at what i should get next and i still have 2 family members CCs to buy my xmas gift!!!! i just cant find anything! I want turbo but I really cant buy it yet, or with their CCs haha i do have a somewhat limit... should i go ahead and buy components for turbo (ie gauges/pods/emanage or utec... etc? or spend on a ecu flash with the components upgraded listed above?)

Sorry so lengthy, but im at a COMPLETE loss of whats next, i dont track so suspension is fine for now, im still about performance and looks.
your posts really show ingornance. Why spend all the cash on things you don't need if you go FI. plan out what kit you want. APS ST, TT, Greddy TT, TN ST, etc.

think about this. Lets say you go any ST kit, well, your borla, test pipes, and intake are basically useless.

Lets say you choose either TT kit, now, you are probably going to want a better flowing exhaust, and don't need resonated test pipes(unresonated ones will be just fine). On top of that, you can't use the JWT.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:25 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might want to consider suspesnion upgrades. When you do go TT you want the car to be able to handle the power you have. A key suspension upgrade you can do is coilovers. For ~ $850 you can get Tein basic coilovers. You can also get Cusco/EVO350/Hotchkis/Stillen or Nismo sway bars. This will run you from $250(Hotchkis) - $700 (Nismo). IMO this will lay the foundation for a solid handling machine.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by z350boy
You might want to consider suspesnion upgrades. When you do go TT you want the car to be able to handle the power you have. A key suspension upgrade you can do is coilovers. For ~ $850 you can get Tein basic coilovers. You can also get Cusco/EVO350/Hotchkis/Stillen or Nismo sway bars. This will run you from $250(Hotchkis) - $700 (Nismo). IMO this will lay the foundation for a solid handling machine.
People in texas have great stretches of roads they need not handling
Old 01-01-2006, 09:32 AM
chimmike

yah, and the freaking roads are shatty. Especially in houston.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Daytona350Texas

Originally Posted by Zivman
your posts really show ingornance. Why spend all the cash on things you don't need if you go FI. plan out what kit you want. APS ST, TT, Greddy TT, TN ST, etc.

think about this. Lets say you go any ST kit, well, your borla, test pipes, and intake are basically useless.

Lets say you choose either TT kit, now, you are probably going to want a better flowing exhaust, and don't need resonated test pipes(unresonated ones will be just fine). On top of that, you can't use the JWT.
Well ziv once again we meet, the turbo kit ill eventually make my mind up with wont be for another year, im milking all my warranty is worth and enjoying the car NA for now. So the exhaust/test pipes intake, is all worth it for a year IMO. And im a work nut, i love working on my car so ill buy something almost to just put it on my car, i love installing stuff myself but anyways im not trying to get into an arguement of what i should have done first, why i chose this path etc...

If i wanted to do it the right way I would have went FI right off the bat and then bought my parts according to whats best with the kit, but i didnt... so please dont basically explain that im a idiot for not doing it the way you would, i did what i did, and now im seeking advice for what sounds good to do next. Thank you though for helping me go a little more in depth with my thinking.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas
Well ziv once again we meet, the turbo kit ill eventually make my mind up with wont be for another year, im milking all my warranty is worth and enjoying the car NA for now. So the exhaust/test pipes intake, is all worth it for a year IMO. And im a work nut, i love working on my car so ill buy something almost to just put it on my car, i love installing stuff myself but anyways im not trying to get into an arguement of what i should have done first, why i chose this path etc...

If i wanted to do it the right way I would have went FI right off the bat and then bought my parts according to whats best with the kit, but i didnt... so please dont basically explain that im a idiot for not doing it the way you would, i did what i did, and now im seeking advice for what sounds good to do next. Thank you though for helping me go a little more in depth with my thinking.

Thing is, you are probably going to have to save at least another 2 grand now. the 1000 you spent parts that might not be compatibable, and at least another 1000 on parts you should have bought (or even put towards the turbo kit itself.

This is absolutely the wrong aproach -> " ill buy something almost to just put it on my car" you will keep telling yourself that a turbo/TT setup so much money and nickle and dime all your money away on N/A parts rather than save for it.

I didn't go FI right off the bat. In fact, I had no plans on it. I thought N/A parts would satisfy my power craving. It did not. So after buying exhaust, intake, headers, pulley, plenum, n/a reflash, etc I felt like a fool when I should have just bought the APS TT and APS exhaust and called it a day.

go have fun installing all your parts, because a borla TD exhaust and jwt popcharger is WAAAY better than any turbo setup - shoot me a PM when you ever get you turbo setup ordered.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ask for the money and start a Roth IRA