Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

i would like a mild engine build in what direction do i go

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
05350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default i would like a mild engine build in what direction do i go

i have a jwt intake and injen ses exhaust right now i am not trying to have a ridiculous amount of horsepower just yet. i want to just set myself apart from other 350z with exhaust and intake. ive been reading on the threads but i am undecisive. i want to have like at least 270 (or more if possible) to the wheels. and i want the mods to work when i turbo charge the car. i dont know what to do so any help would be greatly appreicated and i have looked for answers so please dont light my *** on fire. anyways hope to hear from you guys soon thanks.

o and i want to spend no more than 2500ish. if that is possible

thanks again
Old 02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
frostyrock7c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, NA power is not cheap! Some may say save the money and go FI now as opposed to later, BUT I would say start with a plenum or spacer, test pipes, UTEC, and either headers or cams... that should get you there and all of which, especially the UTEC are applicable with FI.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:21 PM
ZON

"i would like a mild engine build in what direction do i go"

Go West, young man.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:06 AM
05350z

i appreciate the input i also was considering a lsd. i heard that that would give me a nice amount of horsepower. the utec that would be to remap my computer, i thought since i would not have that many mods that that would not really affect anything? Frostyrock7c i will try those out ill keep you posted thanks man.

also the utec is kind of like the greddy emanage should i try that to or go directly with the utec. also i read that the exhasut ports were not as big as the intake ports so when you changed the cams it had some problems as far as not producing enough horsepower. it was something like that cant remember. im gonna look for these parts. thanks again for your help.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:42 AM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05350z
i appreciate the input i also was considering a lsd. i heard that that would give me a nice amount of horsepower. the utec that would be to remap my computer, i thought since i would not have that many mods that that would not really affect anything? Frostyrock7c i will try those out ill keep you posted thanks man.

also the utec is kind of like the greddy emanage should i try that to or go directly with the utec. also i read that the exhasut ports were not as big as the intake ports so when you changed the cams it had some problems as far as not producing enough horsepower. it was something like that cant remember. im gonna look for these parts. thanks again for your help.
My head hurts after reading that. You're lucky I already have too many quotes in my sig. Feel free to apply the last quote in my sig at this time though.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:22 AM
05350z

ok so what do you have to input tk2005. if what i said was incorrect what should i do
Old 02-08-2006, 08:24 AM
05350z

tk2005 why not help a fellow z member instead of going around looking for things wrong with what gets posted and making useless comments. i know i might not know what to do that is why i am asking those that do.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Navygolf13

I would recommend saving and going straight to FI. Like frosty said NA mods are not cheap. Build the engine and put on a TT setup and you will have a BLAST!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:39 AM
05350z

yea that does seem like what i might have to do cause i dont want to spend money on something i am gonna change after awhile. thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 09:57 AM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05350z
tk2005 why not help a fellow z member instead of going around looking for things wrong with what gets posted and making useless comments. i know i might not know what to do that is why i am asking those that do.
Ok, fine since you asked nicely. Even though you know we are all going to say save for FI, I will at least tell you what you can buy that is usable after FI. You intake is useless after FI. Headers will not go with most FI. You can get a plenum spacer which will show decent gains and you can keep it after FI. The same can be said for test pipes. There basically are no more power mods you can do now and retain after going FI. You can also do the crank pulley or complete pulley set if you are not planning on doing a supercharger. If you know which FI you're going with, you could do an EMS like Emanage or UTEC but I don't think it'll make much difference now so just wait. You may want to consider some mods that make your car better equipped to handle FI. You can do a little suspension work which you can start enjoying now. You can get some fat @$$ wheels and tires which you can also start enjoying now. You can do a clutch and flywheel now if you want. If you track the car, you can do an LSD and brake upgrade. An LSD gives you no power, remember that. You can always tint your windows or get a nice stereo system.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:37 PM
05350z

thanks tk2005 i see where you are going and i guess i should just wait to get the car boosted for now ill just prep it in the mean time. some rims would be nice.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:18 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TK2005
Headers will not go with most FI.
You can also do the crank pulley or complete pulley set if you are not planning on doing a supercharger.
Headers will not work with Turbo, they will work with SC

UNDERDRIVE pulley will not work with SC, it will work for Turbo. You can always get a OEM size light weight crank pulley. about 80% of the power sais because of the weight savings on the crank anyway...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=5537

Get a bolt-on supercharger, cheaper in purchase and install than TT and most STs. Here's a link to a used ProCharger

Danny
Old 02-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Vash350Z

What type of F/I kit are you gonna go with?

If you are gonna get an S/C then the only thing that wont work with it are your intake and an underdriven crank pulley; the rest is completely fair game.

If you are gonna go turbo i say skip the headers, finish the rest of your exhaust then get a stronger clutch/flywheel setup as well as some wider wheels cuz you are gonna need them.