Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Need help!!! Tryed to bleed the clutch.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 05:25 PM
1 2 NV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!! Tryed to bleed the clutch.....

I am hoping you guys can help me out. I went to bleed the brakes today with the service manual as my guide. I thought it was going to be cake. Well now my clutch pedeal will not come up on its own!? The service manual says to pump pedal a few times hold, open bleeder valve, close bleeder valve, and release clutch and repeat. Well I had the wife pump and hold the pedal down, I opened and then closed the bleeder valve and then she said the pedal wouldnt come back up! The reservoir was full. I then called a buddy and he came over with a vacuum hand pump, but to no prevail the pedal is still down. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? What could cause thise to happen? Please help out I am lost for solutions. Thanks
Old 02-24-2006, 09:04 PM
sschmuve

Wait...Were you bleeding the brakes? or the clutch? The brake pedal wouldn't come back up?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:06 PM
MIAPLAYA

Hey bro, did you touch the clutch system at all when bleeding the brakes? Make sure the resevoir cap for the clutch is on there nice and tight and that for some reason your clutch bleeder valve isnt open. The clutch bleeder valve is under the car near the downpipe. Also make sure you didn't somehw cut the line.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:43 AM
1 2 NV

Crap, I meant to say the clutch. I was trying to bleed the clutch. Can you tell I am frustrated?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Z CRUZN

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV
Crap, I meant to say the clutch. I was trying to bleed the clutch. Can you tell I am frustrated?
Went through the same thing after replacing my clutch line with a hi-temp one - never thought the thing would bleed completely. After pumping & bleeding for what seemed like 1/2 hour, the pedal finally starting operating correctly. Until it is fully bled, the pedal will just drop to the floor and not return - have to do it by hand until it takes. Be prepared for some tired arms!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:22 AM
1 2 NV

Originally Posted by Z CRUZN
Went through the same thing after replacing my clutch line with a hi-temp one - never thought the thing would bleed completely. After pumping & bleeding for what seemed like 1/2 hour, the pedal finally starting operating correctly. Until it is fully bled, the pedal will just drop to the floor and not return - have to do it by hand until it takes. Be prepared for some tired arms!

When you bled the clutch did you just leave the pedal down then closed it and started pumping again or what? Or did you leave the pedal up and bleed it off? Because the service manual says to bleed it with the pedal depressed. Thanks for your help!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Z CRUZN

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV
When you bled the clutch did you just leave the pedal down then closed it and started pumping again or what? Or did you leave the pedal up and bleed it off? Because the service manual says to bleed it with the pedal depressed. Thanks for your help!
Open bleeder, push clutch pedal down to floor, close bleeder, pull clutch pedal back up......repeat many times until pedal comes back up on its own. I'm not exaggerating when I mentioned it took forever - at least 1/2 hour. Be sure to keep the fluid filled while doing it. Once the pedal begins to come up on it's own, do the following twice: push the clutch pedal to the floor 3 times; on the third time keep it to the floor, open bleeder, then quickly close. This is to release any last-lingering air in the line. Best of luck.....
Old 02-25-2006, 03:29 PM
1 2 NV

Is there a "check" valve in the system or something? Cause last night I took off the slave cylinder and actually disconnected the the line from the cylinder and no fluid came out. A little fluid came out when I pumped the pedal but not a whole lot. I am thinking about adjusting the clutch because I have messed with it a little bit in the past and now I am thinking that I might have taken it too far out of adjustment and there for it is not allowing hydraulic fluid down the line. What you guys think, too far fetched or what? I am at work right now and will not be home til tomorrow morning so all I can do right now is think what would cause the slave cylinder not to get hydraulic fluid. Thanks for any thoughts or ideas.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 PM
MrBlack

Default Clutch bleeding problem

I have same problem. Even if I try to bleed the clutch, nothing comes out from the bleeder and reservoir stays full.

Does anyone have any trick for this kind of problem?!?

Did anyone try those pressure pump things, where you add a liitle pressure to the reservoir tank to push fluid to the system...Kind of opposite as what vacuum pump does from other end (bleeder).
Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

There doesn't seem to be too many posts about bleeding the clutch. Bump on this thread for more suggestions/recommendations. I'm interested in bleeding my clutch.. just to get fresh fluid in there.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:48 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thekinn
There doesn't seem to be too many posts about bleeding the clutch. Bump on this thread for more suggestions/recommendations. I'm interested in bleeding my clutch.. just to get fresh fluid in there.
https://my350z.com/forum/attachments...clutch-fsm.jpg
Old 04-23-2009, 05:49 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Very good. Thanks!