Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

How much horse from the stroker?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm intererested in the BC 4.15 setup for my G, almost thinking about doing it before I go FI, since honestly, I am looking for power down low for daily driving, rather than drage race, high RPM power, and a stroker kit seems like it would make the extra power throughout the torque curve rather than only near the top.

Dave
Old 07-27-2006, 06:41 PM
jeffw

What is the cheapest yet reliable engine management that can be used with a stroker kit on the Z? I've always heard people say that Motec would be necessary.
--
Jeff
Old 07-28-2006, 06:55 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Jeff,

The most capable is the Magneti Marelli that we designed as a plug and play system with variable cam control. The Motec does not have a harness that is specific to the Z. Price for a full complete system with 4mb Datalogging, all the necessary sensors (MAP, Water Temp, Air Temp) and NTK Wide Band Sensor is $4,995. It takes less than an hour to install and then it must be tuned to your specific application. You still keep all the creature comforts such as a/c, power steering, cruise control, etc. I have made 768rwhp at low boost with this system and my boost curve is almost vertical with the GT42 and 4.3L stroker.

Greg

Originally Posted by jeffw
What is the cheapest yet reliable engine management that can be used with a stroker kit on the Z? I've always heard people say that Motec would be necessary.
--
Jeff
Old 07-28-2006, 06:57 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Dave,

We will be working with Brian very soon on the stroker motors as well as cam designs that he will offer in the next few months. The problem going with a stroker motor before adding FI is that the compression ratio on the FI motor will be lower than a N/A motor. Therefore you will lose horsepower until you are able to add turbos/supercharger to offset the lower compression. My torque curve and boost curve is unreal with the stroker motor and GT42 turbo.

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
I'm intererested in the BC 4.15 setup for my G, almost thinking about doing it before I go FI, since honestly, I am looking for power down low for daily driving, rather than drage race, high RPM power, and a stroker kit seems like it would make the extra power throughout the torque curve rather than only near the top.

Dave
Old 07-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
Dave,

We will be working with Brian very soon on the stroker motors as well as cam designs that he will offer in the next few months. The problem going with a stroker motor before adding FI is that the compression ratio on the FI motor will be lower than a N/A motor. Therefore you will lose horsepower until you are able to add turbos/supercharger to offset the lower compression. My torque curve and boost curve is unreal with the stroker motor and GT42 turbo.

I (obviously) completely didn't think about that.

Thanks for the tips
Dave
Old 07-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Wholey Smokes

Dave,

Cams for the 300HP motor?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:25 PM
islandsnow

So has anyone installed the brian crower kit for na? If so what compression/bore did you select? Also did you only get the block bored out or sleeved like the aebs stroker kit? Just trying to figure out how much this is going to cost to install.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:25 AM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by islandsnow
So has anyone installed the brian crower kit for na? If so what compression/bore did you select? Also did you only get the block bored out or sleeved like the aebs stroker kit? Just trying to figure out how much this is going to cost to install.

Only crowers test car from what they said. But injected will be one of the first to work with the stroker.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:37 PM
350z_drifter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with you injectedperf i'm guess alberto doesn't do his research
and just like to leave negative comments
Old 10-27-2006, 11:42 PM
taurran

Not a secret at all. It has been all over the east coast at the HIN events and now the stereo is being pulled for a cage. Pics can be found below:

Injected 350z
I've been looking for numbers on this car for a long time.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:14 AM
redline350ZZ

ST love....
Old 10-28-2006, 02:36 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Magneti Marelli can controll the cams. can you adjust the profiles on them with it? Like on how soon they change the degrees? 5k$ is not bad for Magneti Marelli considering autronic is around 10k$ with all sensors, and you pay out the *** for software updates.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:27 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Autronic shouldn't be in the $10k range. It would probably be about the same as the Marreli. I use to run it on my Supra and now switched from away from it. Nice thing with the Marreli compared to the Autronic or AEM is that it has an internal ignition box so you don't have a seperate one and find a place to mount it.

Originally Posted by rocks
Nice Magneti Marelli can controll the cams. can you adjust the profiles on them with it? Like on how soon they change the degrees? 5k$ is not bad for Magneti Marelli considering autronic is around 10k$ with all sensors, and you pay out the *** for software updates.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:29 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Right now it is at 680 Dyno Dynamics numbers at 23psi. I was hoping to get it on the dyno before SEMA but a good friend if mine had to "borrow" the ecu to get a bike running for a race. I will hopefully have 40psi pulls in the next couple weeks.

Originally Posted by taurran
I've been looking for numbers on this car for a long time.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:41 PM
EM-EFER

Right now it is at 680 Dyno Dynamics numbers at 23psi. I was hoping to get it on the dyno before SEMA but a good friend if mine had to "borrow" the ecu to get a bike running for a race. I will hopefully have 40psi pulls in the next couple weeks.

Make 40 PSI happen.. you have been sayin that for a year
Old 10-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Fairlady_z33

Im still waiting to see what will the 4.+ stroker kits do with the turbo kits that r out for the Z (exa. greddy, aps, turbonetics, and so on). i wonder how the power band will be.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:45 AM
nismology1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stroking isn't worth it on this motor IMO unless it involves longer rods and a taller deck height. You don't want the rod:stroke ratio to be any lower than it already is. Like i've said in another thread, if you want a long stroke VQ, you should find a way to retro the VQ40 in. This is n/a of course. Boosted, all bets are off.

Last edited by nismology1; 10-29-2006 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:07 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Yea I know it is pretty sad. I want to go in increments to make sure everything holds together ie. headgasket, motor, etc. It will happen sooner rather than later because I want to test the car during the winter. I have another car that I have to get done first before I can get this one on the dyno though and have to start production on a couple new products.

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
Make 40 PSI happen.. you have been sayin that for a year
Old 10-29-2006, 07:10 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Not sure what the power band on the Greddy, APS, or Turbonetics kit but with the GT42R's boost curve, which will make more power than any of the other kits on the market, is unreal. It is the most "vertical" boost curve I have seen with any import car.

Originally Posted by Fairlady_z33
Im still waiting to see what will the 4.+ stroker kits do with the turbo kits that r out for the Z (exa. greddy, aps, turbonetics, and so on). i wonder how the power band will be.