Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:15 AM
potophan01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent you the following stats but the stats list on page 1 is way out of date. I don't see everyone here who have issues with this motor on the stats list. Can you share a newly updated list with us? Thanks.

This following is my first V2. I have another V2 that’s also consuming but haven’t done an OC test yet.

(4) Still Consuming

Oil Consumption: 18mm
Engine Install Date: 9/20/2007
Engine part number: 10102-AC7MZ
Mileage on Engine: 10,324
Mileage on current oil change interval: 1,933
Oil Type/Brand/Weight: conventional (dealer 5/30)
Old 03-22-2008, 12:47 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by potophan01
I sent you the following stats but the stats list on page 1 is way out of date. I don't see everyone here who have issues with this motor on the stats list. Can you share a newly updated list with us? Thanks.
This following is my first V2. I have another V2 that’s also consuming but haven’t done an OC test yet.
Received your pm on stats and updated the list, thanks it’s perfect. The list on the first page is current up to mid January. I am currently going through the thread from page 118 to the current page, so you see there is a lot to catch up and add names to the list. Then send out pm’s with the template instructions. It’s going to take some time as all new members with new engines since mid Jan are either not visiting the thread often or they do not have enough miles yet to even consider giving me stats yet. Dunno, I am working hard on catching up, bear with me. If I was to post the list today there would only be three new names with stats and some older members with updated stats (maybe three).

I will do my best to get caught up this weekend.

Btw: 2 Revup’s in the garage? That could be another to the list if you get me info on your second V2, even if you have not done a OC test, we can still have it logged as another replacement.

At your service
-Curtis
Old 03-22-2008, 04:19 PM
potophan01

I'd like to tell Nissan what percent of V2s are consuming. Can you please post what you have so far. I see a lot of consuming V2s on the thread who gave you info but the stats list is old and only shows successes.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:04 PM
RBlover69

Dude - it's not the oil. I read the same thing and tried both and they both consumed at about the same rate.

This is not an oil problem or Nissan would tell us to use synth.
well how do you explain my situation...lol i have a v2 nothing more special then that
Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 AM
potophan01

Originally Posted by RBlover69
well how do you explain my situation...lol i have a v2 nothing more special then that
Yeh I thought my V2 was a good one til it went bad after 10,000 miles
Old 03-23-2008, 08:59 AM
antennahead

Yeh I thought my V2 was a good one til it went bad after 10,000 miles
I am rapidly approaching 10,000 miles, I sure hope mine doesn't go into the crapper
So far it's been fine.

John
Old 03-23-2008, 12:28 PM
ZeeForce

I'd like to tell Nissan what percent of V2s are consuming. Can you please post what you have so far. I see a lot of consuming V2s on the thread who gave you info but the stats list is old and only shows successes.
I only see 4 members (on the thread) who gave me info (with all of the info from the template) from my last updated list on 02/08/08.

The list DOES have failures, look here.

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-v2-and-v1-stats_0032.jpg
Stats List from 02-08-08

Others have posted PARTIAL updates with insufficient info. So how do you expect me to update their stats list with little or no info? It would be inaccurate info when others look at the list.

To give you an idea of what I am working with here, this could be (but not necessarily an actual members post) an example of an updated stats, posted directly to the thread.
“I am consuming oil, I got a new engine, I am still consuming 1 qrt every 1000 mi. This thing is a piece of sheet.”

1) So what was it replaced with? V1 or V2
2) How many miles on the new engine?
3) How many miles on the current oil change interval?

Without accurate data for # 3, how can I tell if it’s “No Good” on the TSB chart. It’s obvious by the math, which it would fall into the No Good range on every column of miles, so I am left with entering:

Oil Consumption = 24 mm
miles on the new engine = 1000
miles on the current oil change interval = 1000
TSB Oil Chart = No Good

The point I am making is:
garbage in = garbage out.

We have no real data, no real number for miles on the engine and no real number for miles on current oil change interval. Does it matter? I think so, for analyzing the chart and finding a pattern. Did the engine fail from the beginning or later on with more miles, we do not know because inaccurate data was entered for the stats list.

Btw: I have not seen the stats on your additional vehicle with a V2, please pm me the data.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:46 PM
potophan01

lol wow!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:50 PM
ZeeForce

Yeh, wow! So give me a break.

The updated list is going up in a few minutes.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:52 PM
potophan01

I don't have an additional vehicle. I'm on my second V2 same car and its starting to lose oil.

I think its good info to know even if some of it is insufficient (to you're liking).
Old 03-23-2008, 12:58 PM
ZeeForce

Very good info, you did not make that clear in your post. Is the data for the 2nd V2 or your first V2?

Damn...I just scanned the list. I will re edit and rescan and add your data to the V2 column, similiar as ZPHILE: 2nd V2

edit:
My bad, I see on your post above post with stats that the stats is for your FIRST V2. So my question is, why do you want to post stats for an engine you are no longer running? Your stats should be on the new engine? I have you down for a 2nd V2 that alone states the fact that the first one failed.

Geez...I am going ahead and posting the stats list with your first V2 stats, and it will have to wait until the next update. You can PM with the stats on your 2nd V2 when you get around to checking the OC. Just skewed the stats....geez.

btw...most if not all of the updates are FAILURES, for those out there, thinking I am one sided.

Last edited by ZeeForce; 03-23-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:11 PM
ZeeForce

I think its good info to know even if some of it is insufficient (to you're liking).
The point is: garbage in = garbage out.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:19 PM
BabyZiLLa

This is a why I haven't replied to your PM's Zeeforce. This thread is as good as useless to me.

The only data reported is what certain people want to report. People appreciate the effort, but noone appreciates the holly attitude through out the thread.

Unsubscribing.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:45 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
This is a why I haven't replied to your PM's Zeeforce. This thread is as good as useless to me.

The only data reported is what certain people want to report. People appreciate the effort, but noone appreciates the holly attitude through out the thread.

Unsubscribing.
Point taken and I will strive to change.

I am sorry you have that feeling and opinion of me. I would not want anyone to think I have that attitude and apologize for any toes I may have stepped on.

If you still feel the need to Unsubscribe, I wish you good luck and feel free to join in again anytime. Your opinions as well as everyone’s are appreciated.
I can honesty say that I have not left out anyone’s data, insufficient as it may be, the current list has insufficient data as we speak. I am really sorry you have this opinion of me, I am really trying to contribute something here on this thread, but if you and anyone else have ill feelings towards me, then speak up. I am willing to back off and change, to make for a better and happy community here. Post it up or pm me; I am opening the door for any and all bashing.

At your service
-Curtis
Old 03-23-2008, 01:56 PM
tamdihugs77

Unsubscribing.
+1
Old 03-23-2008, 02:01 PM
potophan01

Unsubscribing.
Guess I'm with you dude. Thought I was gonna get some good info here to go against NNA.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Stormidoor

Guess I'm with you dude. Thought I was gonna get some good info here to go against NNA.
No its slanted.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Stormidoor

Unsubscribing.
That's why I haven't replied to the PMs. Need more red tape.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:30 PM
tamdihugs77

Originally Posted by Stormidoor
That's why I haven't replied to the PMs. Need more red tape.
Yep, they need more garbage in so they can put more garbage out.

I unsubscribing..

Last edited by tamdihugs77; 03-23-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Stormidoor

Later guys. I'm not feeding into this ego.

Last edited by Stormidoor; 03-24-2008 at 03:19 AM.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion