bofa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still no BBB letter...
Old 05-07-2007, 07:33 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by bofa
Still no BBB letter...
Damn! They certainly are keeping the suspense going!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:38 PM
creationv2

Still no BBB letter...

itll come! takao finally sent my exhaust...so maybe we'll recieve our good things on the same day...namely tomorrow :-D
Old 05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
bofa

I keep texting my wife every afternoon bugging her to see if she has checked the mail yet.... she's getting cranky.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default worked for me

Originally Posted by Frosty1
It won't work.

Whats your resoning behind your statement?

My dealership ask to see my car every 1000 miles....that way every 3K miles a new engine is on order..vs having to wait every 10K and possible have it explode on you like mine did.

My advise to all is to go in and have them document it in the records. Screw the dealer...just have them document that it was low...GET A PRINT OUT!

Then take your dealings to Nissan....screw the dealer.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 05-08-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Whats your resoning behind your statement?

My dealership ask to see my car every 1000 miles....that way every 3K miles a new engine is on order..vs having to wait every 10K and possible have it explode on you like mine did.

My advise to all is to go in and have them document it in the records. Screw the dealer...just have them document that it was low...GET A PRINT OUT!

Then take your dealings to Nissan....screw the dealer.
Actually, I believe that statement goes back to the origin of this thread. It was originally a thread about a crazy solution for the problem. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was certainly not the solution.

A lot of that thread has been chopped out of this one to make this one the dicussion about the rev-ups oil issues.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 AM
dbasal

I keep texting my wife every afternoon bugging her to see if she has checked the mail yet.... she's getting cranky.

Is it there yet?
Is it there yet?
Is it there yet?

Now you know how lawyers feel as they wait for the jury to make a decision.

Hopefully soon. I'm looking forward to see if they explain their reason too.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:14 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yeah I remember some catch can return or something

Originally Posted by dbasal
Actually, I believe that statement goes back to the origin of this thread. It was originally a thread about a crazy solution for the problem. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was certainly not the solution.

A lot of that thread has been chopped out of this one to make this one the dicussion about the rev-ups oil issues.

Yeah this is so disaapointing and frustrating...I almost wish they would issue a recal so that my car wouldnt be worth trading, but since they havent, I asked Infiniti to buy it back..we will see how that goes.

I love my car, this is so frustrating. I almost want to pay 2600 and build my block, but then those guys are drinking oil too because of the 300+ additional HP (with turbos that is)....its all a gamble...I should go buy a M45 or M35X and be done with it!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:07 PM
bofa

No letter yet...

I just want this over with. The more and more I read, the more I hope that the arbitrator just has them repurchase it from me. I think if so, I'll be done with the 350 as I posted before. The 07s are already having some issues and I just don't have the time these days to deal with the dealerships. I'm just not in town enough. Maybe I'll test the waters again with the GT-R but until then I may just buy a project car or just save some money.

Waiting sucks.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:31 PM
creationv2

No letter yet...

I just want this over with. The more and more I read, the more I hope that the arbitrator just has them repurchase it from me. I think if so, I'll be done with the 350 as I posted before. The 07s are already having some issues and I just don't have the time these days to deal with the dealerships. I'm just not in town enough. Maybe I'll test the waters again with the GT-R but until then I may just buy a project car or just save some money.

Waiting sucks.

sorry theres no letter yet bofa...thought we could share a happy day together but i guess not....but your day will be here soon enough!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
dbasal

No letter yet...

Waiting sucks.
I don't blame you. I would certainly pass on the GT-R also. Seems like it will be overpriced something terrible. You can get a Porsche for the same price and not have to deal with Nissan quality.

Nissan can't get an NA car right. How are they going to get an FI car to work?

Or you could go for a Z06. American quality can't be any worse. I am truly disappointed. I expected quality from Nissan, but they are certainly having issues all over the place in that regard.

As you can tell, my blood pressure is going up just typing this.

I wish you the best.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:52 PM
zmedic16

Default add one more cart to the train.

add myself to the list... i had to put the car completly back to stock to not hear a squeak out the dealers mouth about my mods. i had mrev2+ spacer random tech hi flows, ichiba y pipe and invidia n1 exhaust. alll back to stock. the car feels like it wants all its mods back lol. i took away my babys toys.
i opened a case with nna myself, got a case number and the master tech at the dealership also called in. but for some reason he got a different case number.
1(800) 240-9924.
nna

call them, harass them, let the issue be known.
i was letting it rock hopin that u guys were going to get a fix but i guess if all the guys with 05-06s revups complain, they have to recognize the issue.
***** AWAY @NNA AND UR NISSAN SERVICE ADVISOR
Old 05-08-2007, 08:55 PM
bofa

Thanks. I've considered the domestic route and even going with a p-car or bmw... I just don't know any more. I love having a smaller car with a potent V6 but they aren't that common and the really nice ones are pretty damn expensive. I drove my uncles vette earlier in the year and I really wasn't impressed. His was pushing about 400 hp. It seems there's no right decision. I'm also looking into getting a convertible since it will be a garage queen and only driven on sunny days on nice weekends. Who knows, but I do know one thing. Nissan can't seem to get it right for some reason. They seem to have fallen into the trap of pushing so hard to get a fresh product that they have begun to ignore the basics.. like getting a car to run properly.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:02 PM
dbasal

Thanks. I've considered the domestic route and even going with a p-car or bmw... I just don't know any more. I love having a smaller car with a potent V6 but they aren't that common and the really nice ones are pretty damn expensive. I drove my uncles vette earlier in the year and I really wasn't impressed. His was pushing about 400 hp. It seems there's no right decision. I'm also looking into getting a convertible since it will be a garage queen and only driven on sunny days on nice weekends. Who knows, but I do know one thing. Nissan can't seem to get it right for some reason. They seem to have fallen into the trap of pushing so hard to get a fresh product that they have begun to ignore the basics.. like getting a car to run properly.
I was thinking something similar on what other car was out there and had the same problem as you trying to find something. The 350Z really would be a perfect car if they could get things working properly.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by zmedic16
add myself to the list... i had to put the car completly back to stock to not hear a squeak out the dealers mouth about my mods. i had mrev2+ spacer random tech hi flows, ichiba y pipe and invidia n1 exhaust. alll back to stock. the car feels like it wants all its mods back lol. i took away my babys toys.
i opened a case with nna myself, got a case number and the master tech at the dealership also called in. but for some reason he got a different case number.
1(800) 240-9924.
nna
call them, harass them, let the issue be known.
i was letting it rock hopin that u guys were going to get a fix but i guess if all the guys with 05-06s revups complain, they have to recognize the issue.
***** AWAY @NNA AND UR NISSAN SERVICE ADVISOR
I'm sure there will be thousands more. I really made a pest out of myself at the beginning and was really a pain to my dealer and NNA.

I think that just pissed off the dealer even more since I would always call NNA and complain about the dealer not getting things done or taking it seriously.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:26 PM
bofa

Guess what I managed to get faxed over to me today....

If you guessed the arbitration decision, you're correct!

I need to check my paperwork when I get back home because I'm not sure what confidentiality I'm bound to off hand, but I'll tell you this... I will be selling my upgrades have have a lot of extra space in my garage very soon.

I'll let you know if I can share more details. I suggest anyone considering this route continue to fight the good fight. As consumers we deserve better.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I1DER

With the degree of oil consumption you had, I couldn't have imagined a different outcome. I'm still hoping for a fix or a further decrease in my car's consumption. I'm holding out hope on Nissan. The 13 trouble-free years and over 300K miles on my Pathfinder won't let me give up the ship yet. Besides, I love driving the Z.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:43 PM
dbasal

I need to check my paperwork when I get back home because I'm not sure what confidentiality I'm bound to off hand, but I'll tell you this... I will be selling my upgrades have have a lot of extra space in my garage very soon.

I'll let you know if I can share more details. I suggest anyone considering this route continue to fight the good fight. As consumers we deserve better.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:47 PM
350Z-2006

Congratulations !!!
I hope you will be able to share all info

With my new 2006 6mt Redline with now 1,000 miles on it (1/4 quart low during break-in) and first oil change. I'll be keeping very close track of the oil because of this list.
And now know what to do if I find I end up with an oil-consumer.

Thanks to many that have contributed to this topic.

Todd Jones
2006 6mt Redline

Old 05-09-2007, 08:37 PM
antennahead

Congratulations!!! I am "waiting for a fix" at this time. Next oil change, if Nissan has nothing out to correct this, I will have to decide if I'm going this route as well. I do love driving this car. I can't think of anything in this price range I would want, it's really disappointing.

John

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion