Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 02:34 PM
E K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Nissan offers you $4000 to not go through a buyback, do you lose the warranty?
Old 04-05-2008, 05:52 PM
NeverBoneStock

In regards to Potophan1 question , the new engine is consuming 2 1/2 quarts every 3000 miles , dealer confirmed . They refused buyback and extended warranty!! Heres the funny part, when they replaced my v1 with v2 i had parts on my engine, headers ,plentum + spacer, intake and yada , yada ,yada.. NNA actually payed beaverton nissan to take off my parts and put them on my new engine.. This Guzman dips**t said I was consuming due to my parts !!! BBB said even though they paid and I brought alot of info showing this is a problem and not due to any kind of mod they still sided with NNA .. My meeting was on 2/19 and remember Guzman said in a taped recorded meeting that there has been no failures and the V2 is a complete fix!!! So I lost!!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:17 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Might be time to hire an Attorney, or get FTC or Attorney General involved.
That sucks the BBB took Guzman's verbal lie as being true and BBB denied you.

Originally Posted by 350zenvy
Anyone get grips from the dealer regarding mods and the oil consumption test? I have a y-pipe and cat-back only but don't have oem exhaust so I can't switch that back on. No engine mods though.

Thanks
I only have cat-back exhaust and is no issue with my dealer as far as OC testing.
Originally Posted by E K
If Nissan offers you $4000 to not go through a buyback, do you lose the warranty?
My understanding is no you don't loose warranty. You just agree to never claim buy-back (Lemon Law) against them in the future.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't follow this thread much anymore, even though my 06 still uses oil after dealer did a short block swap but how many people have heard of and submitted a complaint with these guys? The web addy looks like a joke but it's a real company of lawyers, at least looks like.

http://nissan350zoilconsumption.com/
Old 04-06-2008, 05:05 PM
luvZcar

ok so after the break in oil change 1200 exactly,1850 miles now and I'm 650 miles into it and checked my oil level today 2mm down not so bad i can live with that
Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
In regards to Potophan1 question , the new engine is consuming 2 1/2 quarts every 3000 miles , dealer confirmed . They refused buyback and extended warranty!! Heres the funny part, when they replaced my v1 with v2 i had parts on my engine, headers ,plentum + spacer, intake and yada , yada ,yada.. NNA actually payed beaverton nissan to take off my parts and put them on my new engine.. This Guzman dips**t said I was consuming due to my parts !!! BBB said even though they paid and I brought alot of info showing this is a problem and not due to any kind of mod they still sided with NNA .. My meeting was on 2/19 and remember Guzman said in a taped recorded meeting that there has been no failures and the V2 is a complete fix!!! So I lost!!!!
What a load of crap! Typical again! Pretty sad really. Even worse is that this is the only damn engine that has this issue. Well, here is what I have that probably won't help now, but shows this guy is a complete idiot!

First one is the original v2 install:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u.../v2install.jpg

Second one is the v2 failed consumption test and shows them ordering another v2:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...v2consumes.jpg

The question you really need to ask yourself is that do you just want to get out of this vehicle because you have just had enough of the problems or do you want to keep the vehicle, but have the problem resolved? I guess the other option is to get rid of the current and get one with the HR in it. Good luck to you whichever route you go down.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:51 AM
AllStock

Soo my question is that.. If your 2006 motor has already been replaced once due to excessive oil consumption, will the new motor consume oil again?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:20 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by AllStock
Soo my question is that.. If your 2006 motor has already been replaced once due to excessive oil consumption, will the new motor consume oil again?
I'll never find out. The initial v2 was in response to the final repair attempt notice that I sent to resolve the consumption issue in the v1. I did not give Nissan another chance and then went out and got a lawyer. Nissan is going to buy the vehicle back. Note the time span though. The v2 was put in last May. This is certainly not a fast process, but the end result was pretty much what I had expected.

Ages ago (god knows what post it was at this point), I did not feel that Nissan could resolve this issue. The root cause is that the changes made to create the rev-up cause excessive oil consumption and the only way to make it not consume is to reverse those changes. They simply pushed the engine beyond the point where it would consume oil at an exceptable level. Naturally they realized this early and started working on the HR and left all of us in the dust.

The funny part is, if this were a Porsche or pretty much any v8, we would pretty much be accepting this level of oil loss. That is an interesting point.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:05 PM
AllStock

Originally Posted by dbasal
I'll never find out. The initial v2 was in response to the final repair attempt notice that I sent to resolve the consumption issue in the v1. I did not give Nissan another chance and then went out and got a lawyer. Nissan is going to buy the vehicle back. Note the time span though. The v2 was put in last May. This is certainly not a fast process, but the end result was pretty much what I had expected.

Ages ago (god knows what post it was at this point), I did not feel that Nissan could resolve this issue. The root cause is that the changes made to create the rev-up cause excessive oil consumption and the only way to make it not consume is to reverse those changes. They simply pushed the engine beyond the point where it would consume oil at an exceptable level. Naturally they realized this early and started working on the HR and left all of us in the dust.

The funny part is, if this were a Porsche or pretty much any v8, we would pretty much be accepting this level of oil loss. That is an interesting point.

I'm kind of confused trying to understand what you are telling me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So they replaced your motor last May and its still burning oil, correct? And you got a lawyer complaining about this, then Nissan dealership will buy back your car so that you won't have to deal with this crap any more, right?

The reason why I'm asking is because I bought this car (06 GT) and came to find out that the motor has been replaced last september. So far I've driven 500 miles and I will be checking my oil dip stick once I drive about 1000 more miles.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:43 PM
dbasal

I'm kind of confused trying to understand what you are telling me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So they replaced your motor last May and its still burning oil, correct? And you got a lawyer complaining about this, then Nissan dealership will buy back your car so that you won't have to deal with this crap any more, right?

The reason why I'm asking is because I bought this car (06 GT) and came to find out that the motor has been replaced last september. So far I've driven 500 miles and I will be checking my oil dip stick once I drive about 1000 more miles.
You got it correct.

I would certainly keep an eye on the oil and get it to the dealership as soon as you feel it is consuming too much and then they can start the consumption test. Hopefully, you received one of the v2s that work, unless it was replaced by another v1.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:58 PM
AllStock

You got it correct.

I would certainly keep an eye on the oil and get it to the dealership as soon as you feel it is consuming too much and then they can start the consumption test. Hopefully, you received one of the v2s that work, unless it was replaced by another v1.

Thanks for the info man.

do you drive your Z hard? But I'm sure that's not the reason why its causing the oil consumption right?

Also, NOT all v2's have oil consumption problem, correct?

And when you say v2= consumption test failed, u mean its consuming oil... right?

Its around 40/60 that v2 will have oil consumption problem like v1s? If this was going to be a problem for alll 06 z's I wouldn't have gotten a damn 06.

lol sorry for all this nosy Q's. I'm a newbie at this whole nissan thing.

Last edited by AllStock; 04-07-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
dbasal

Thanks for the info man.

do you drive your Z hard? But I'm sure that's not the reason why its causing the oil consumption right?

Also, NOT all v2's have oil consumption problem, correct?

And when you say v2= consumption test failed, u mean its consuming oil... right?

Its around 40/60 that v2 will have oil consumption problem like v1s? If this was going to be a problem for alll 06 z's I wouldn't have gotten a damn 06.

lol sorry for all this nosy Q's. I'm a newbie at this whole nissan thing.
No problem. We all were knew to this at one time.

I do not drive it particularly hard. It does not go over 6k rpm very often. I drive a lot of highway. The only time I drive is hard is on the twisties going to the golf center. Then it does see near 7k rpm and almost exclusively over 5k rpm.

My v2 has officially failed the oil consumption test and Nissan had approved another v2, but I would not allow them to install it.

I know how you feel. I bought this car after I felt that all the major issues that plagued the previous years were gone. Guess I could not just win. You just never know. Look at the 07s and their clutch issues. It always seems to be some major issue every year (except 05 non anniversary).
Old 04-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Nismo1182

Hmm I know about the oil consumption issue and now I think im going to start checking my oil levels. I have noticed that after 3000-3500 miles my oil light would come on after taking some tight or fast turns such as on/off ramps or even simple U turns. The light would come on for a second and then go away after the turn. After I get a fresh oil change, the light doesnt come on until 3000-3500 miles (the next oil change).

Im also having the clutch issue the 07's have with the pedal getting really "spongy" and sometimes even sticking to the floor. I've told the dealership and they said they would take a look at it when one of my back ordered parts comes in.

Also, how do I find out if my block was replaced before?

I have a 06 Z btw.

Last edited by Nismo1182; 04-07-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It always seems to be some major issue every year (except 05 non anniversary).
05 Track Models have the rev-up too, its why I bought the car initially.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:50 AM
AllStock

No problem. We all were knew to this at one time.

I do not drive it particularly hard. It does not go over 6k rpm very often. I drive a lot of highway. The only time I drive is hard is on the twisties going to the golf center. Then it does see near 7k rpm and almost exclusively over 5k rpm.

My v2 has officially failed the oil consumption test and Nissan had approved another v2, but I would not allow them to install it.

I know how you feel. I bought this car after I felt that all the major issues that plagued the previous years were gone. Guess I could not just win. You just never know. Look at the 07s and their clutch issues. It always seems to be some major issue every year (except 05 non anniversary).

damn I'm sorry that had happened to you. So How is the dealership buying back your car? Are they paying back you the full amount of how much you bought the car for in the beginnning?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:55 AM
AllStock

Originally Posted by Armitage
05 Track Models have the rev-up too, its why I bought the car initially.

is yours consuming oil as well?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 AM
dbasal

damn I'm sorry that had happened to you. So How is the dealership buying back your car? Are they paying back you the full amount of how much you bought the car for in the beginnning?
I'm not getting 10% back. There is a formula for figuring out how much you would gete back. Even with that though, I would have only broke even, but somehow my lawyer got me more. The way I look at it is that I had a 20 month lease on the car, put 40000 miles on it and Nissan is going to give me money back. Not a bad deal in my opinion with the exception that I will not have the car anymore. Finding comparable performance for the same coin is nearly impossible.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 AM
AllStock

I'm not getting 10% back. There is a formula for figuring out how much you would gete back. Even with that though, I would have only broke even, but somehow my lawyer got me more. The way I look at it is that I had a 20 month lease on the car, put 40000 miles on it and Nissan is going to give me money back. Not a bad deal in my opinion with the exception that I will not have the car anymore. Finding comparable performance for the same coin is nearly impossible.
ahh I see I see. Well how much was the attorney? At least you are getting your money back.. time for HR! haha. well gluck with your find.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:38 AM
fast kiwi

Well, i figure i may as well post up my convo with Nissan here..
I told them i didnt want the V2 engine installed (which it will be soon).. I told them i was aware of the many V2 failers and didnt want the head ache of going through this all over again only to get a buy back at the end.. why not do it now??

well, you gotta ask.. LOL..

of course the resposne was more then a little predictable.. looks like i will have to live with the V2 till it proves it self or not..
Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by fast kiwi
Well, i figure i may as well post up my convo with Nissan here..
I told them i didnt want the V2 engine installed (which it will be soon).. I told them i was aware of the many V2 failers and didnt want the head ache of going through this all over again only to get a buy back at the end.. why not do it now??

well, you gotta ask.. LOL..

of course the resposne was more then a little predictable.. looks like i will have to live with the V2 till it proves it self or not..
You never know. It could work out fine for you. Hopefully it will.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion