Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM
sleezye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kacz07
Hey Guys,

Well, my car consumes oil. I brought it in multiple times, but the dealer is apprehensive to admit that it's consuming oil. The master tech has told me that it's consuming oil the service dude is telling me that it's sitting with NNA right now.

I've been waiting for over 4 weeks for confirmation of a new long block by Nissan. Is there any way I can speed this up? It's already failed two tests.

There's nothing written or any physical evidence to prove that they've done anything, so I feel like I'm being jerked around. Anyone have any advice? I have contacted NNA about it and they gave me a file number, but there has to be something else.

Thanks for the help!

I would ask in your regional forum if anyone knows of a dealership that is familiar with the Oil Consumption issue. All I did was ask in my regional forum and I had lots of people tell me who to go to. My local dealership is garbage, so I have to drive an hour plus to a dealership who knows about this issue and know what to do. Had my new engine in the car in a few days of the intial phone call.

Last edited by sleezye; 03-15-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:31 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleezye
I would ask in your regional forum if anyone knows of a dealership that is familiar with the Oil Consumption issue. All I did was ask in my regional forum and I had lots of people tell me who to go to. My local dealership is garbage, so I have to drive an hour plus to a dealership who knows about this issue and know what to do. Had my new engine in the car in a few days of the intial phone call.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Your current dealer is yanking your chain. Going to assume you did mention the TSB to them.

When my VQ failed the official OC test on TSB chart, took only a day to get phone call stating I was approved for a replacement.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:01 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
^Your current dealer is yanking your chain. Going to assume you did mention the TSB to them.

When my VQ failed the official OC test on TSB chart, took only a day to get phone call stating I was approved for a replacement.
me tooo.. plus a massive print out of this thread helped also.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:29 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
me tooo.. plus a massive print out of this thread helped also.
Bet that was quite a stack you plopped on their desk.

Priceless and Brilliant at the same time
Old 03-16-2009, 07:20 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I printed out and mentioned the TSB to them. I've even left it in the car for the early bird service. I think it's the service advisor's BS. Contacted them again. May have to drop this huge **** of a thread on the front desk and listen to them explain themselves. It's been pretty annoying.

Thanks guys
Old 03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
06CPV35

I printed out and mentioned the TSB to them. I've even left it in the car for the early bird service. I think it's the service advisor's BS. Contacted them again. May have to drop this huge **** of a thread on the front desk and listen to them explain themselves. It's been pretty annoying.

Thanks guys
Perhaps request to have a chat with the Service Manager and don't deal with that moron service advisor anymore.

Or go another dealer.....

G/L with all that BS.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
ZeeForce

When all else fails, then advise the service mgr that you are contacting NNA (first page). NNA is there to help the customer when the dealer fails. And if NNA fails, go to BBB (again on the first page).

Word of caution though, use it as a last resort and let the service mgr know what you are doing. It will keep you on the good side of them. As much as they have to abide by the TSB, they can still make life seem like hell.

g/l
Old 03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
pcharoe1

Hey guys.....i've posted on here before that I took my car in for the oil consumption test, and the oil shows 12mm lower than H. So they ordered my engine and it came in today, so I took it over to the dealer.

The service advisor showed me the bill and it was around $7,400, and we were just laughing.
I have read this thread for a good 10 minutes but I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for, I'm pretty sure my question has already been answered, but if anyone could save me time, so I don't have to go through all the pages......

my question is that on the engine order form, it said the engine is coming from California. I thought I heard on here that the engine is from Japan, could anyone confirm this?

2). Will the engine stop consume oil with the V2?

Lastly, do I have to pay anything when they are done with my car? (for example service fee, ordering fee), or what every they will try to make some money off me, so I know what to response to them the day I pick up my car.

Thank you all for any help.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:10 PM
pcharoe1

Opps!, I got my answer for Question 1, it was on the first page, but still a little skeptical about question 2 because the chart contains very few members, and question 3.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by pcharoe1
Hey guys.....i've posted on here before that I took my car in for the oil consumption test, and the oil shows 12mm lower than H. So they ordered my engine and it came in today, so I took it over to the dealer.

The service advisor showed me the bill and it was around $7,400, and we were just laughing.
I have read this thread for a good 10 minutes but I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for, I'm pretty sure my question has already been answered, but if anyone could save me time, so I don't have to go through all the pages......

my question is that on the engine order form, it said the engine is coming from California. I thought I heard on here that the engine is from Japan, could anyone confirm this?

2). Will the engine stop consume oil with the V2?

Lastly, do I have to pay anything when they are done with my car? (for example service fee, ordering fee), or what every they will try to make some money off me, so I know what to response to them the day I pick up my car.

Thank you all for any help.
1) Japan to port of Los Angeles then to the distribution center in SoCal.

2) No guarantees, it all in the metallurgy and pretty much how you break it in...throw in a crap shoot and you have all the possibilities. Not the answer I am sure you were looking for, but it was a loaded question.

3) No...... and they should pay for your rental car while it's being replaced.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:40 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by pcharoe1
Opps!, I got my answer for Question 1, it was on the first page, but still a little skeptical about question 2 because the chart contains very few members, and question 3.
The chart has not been updated in over a year. So you will need to troll or maybe someone that has been keeping up with every post can chime in. I stopped updating the chart over a year ago....taking up too much time to manage.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 AM
pcharoe1

OK, Thanks for all your help ZeeForce.

They were going to pay for the rental, but I am under 21 with insurance under my dad's name, so enterprise didn't give me one. So the dealer just dropped me off home, but its ok, i have a beater sitting at home.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:43 PM
antennahead

Dealer wouldn't "deal" on a new 370, and offered me nothing for my car in trade, as well as refusing to budge on retail, so ........... I am deciding just how bad this issue is and can I live with it. Last oil change on the V2, number 4, was the worst and the first that exceeded the TSB (used in excess of one quart). This oil change, with about 2400 miles into it, is about 2/3 to 3/4 quart, so it seems I am back to right at 1 quart between oil changes. What are your opinions. Do you think I will have longevity with this engine and continue to use in this range? Maybe settle down some and even consume less? Totally screw up and start consuming more? History here shows only 1 out of 5 oil changes exceeding a quart. I have about 20,000 miles on the new engine now. I believe Zeeforce stated his analysis showed he was still breaking in at 20,000. I need new tires soon and would like to put aftermarket wheels on the car, as well as upgrade the stereo. I hate to spend the bucks only to have the thing get worse on me. If the consumption stayed at about 1 quart between changes, I think I could live with that.

John
Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 PM
06CPV35

^ You ever get an UOA done to find out what's going on?

My V2 started to go south at one point, but has reversed that trend way beyond my initial break-in OC rate and better. I account that reverse trend to minimal OC now, due to a last step in a proprietary break-in method I'm performing during this current oil interval duration with dyson analysis....
Old 03-20-2009, 04:16 AM
antennahead

^ You ever get an UOA done to find out what's going on?

My V2 started to go south at one point, but has reversed that trend way beyond my initial break-in OC rate and better. I account that reverse trend to minimal OC now, due to a last step in a proprietary break-in method I'm performing during this current oil interval duration with dyson analysis....
Thanks, "proprietary break-in method" does me no good at this point, and as busy as I presently am in my career and this economy, I don't have the time to drop everything and perform an oil analysis.

John
Old 03-20-2009, 05:47 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by antennahead
Dealer wouldn't "deal" on a new 370, and offered me nothing for my car in trade, as well as refusing to budge on retail, so ........... I am deciding just how bad this issue is and can I live with it. Last oil change on the V2, number 4, was the worst and the first that exceeded the TSB (used in excess of one quart). This oil change, with about 2400 miles into it, is about 2/3 to 3/4 quart, so it seems I am back to right at 1 quart between oil changes. What are your opinions. Do you think I will have longevity with this engine and continue to use in this range? Maybe settle down some and even consume less? Totally screw up and start consuming more? History here shows only 1 out of 5 oil changes exceeding a quart. I have about 20,000 miles on the new engine now. I believe Zeeforce stated his analysis showed he was still breaking in at 20,000. I need new tires soon and would like to put aftermarket wheels on the car, as well as upgrade the stereo. I hate to spend the bucks only to have the thing get worse on me. If the consumption stayed at about 1 quart between changes, I think I could live with that.

John

sounds like you need to save that money to offset the difference in being upside down on your car when you trade it in on a pre 2005 G35 or pre 2006 (Non_Rev) Z....then add boost. After one motor I was completely upset and frurious. I wrote Infiniti and told them that this was totally unacceptable for a 40K sports coupe. I lucked out with a handbuilt VQ from Japan that doesnt burn any oil, even while SuperCharged.

If I were in your boat, Id buy an older car and play with it...newer cars are so much more expensive especially when you consider the payments...

I wount buy a 370 or a G37 because you can play with it. If you leave the car stock and only want to add wheels and stereo, then cool. But if you want exhaust intake boost ect....id go with an older platform.

good luck and sorry for you frustration, I have been there..sadly all of us on this forum have been there too!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:55 AM
4SHIZZIL

Hey Guys,

Well, my car consumes oil. I brought it in multiple times, but the dealer is apprehensive to admit that it's consuming oil. The master tech has told me that it's consuming oil the service dude is telling me that it's sitting with NNA right now.

I've been waiting for over 4 weeks for confirmation of a new long block by Nissan. Is there any way I can speed this up? It's already failed two tests.

There's nothing written or any physical evidence to prove that they've done anything, so I feel like I'm being jerked around. Anyone have any advice? I have contacted NNA about it and they gave me a file number, but there has to be something else.

Thanks for the help!
you need to call NNA yourself man and file a complaint... not to be a douche but you need to read this entire thread...My bill was about 17K for the engine swap....I would not want to pay for that myself. This thread has all the info you need.. how to contact your local Better Business B. ect... call and make a formal complatin ASAP, they legally have to respond from that point.

Good luck.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:14 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by antennahead
Thanks, "proprietary break-in method" does me no good at this point, and as busy as I presently am in my career and this economy, I don't have the time to drop everything and perform an oil analysis.

John
Okay probably true with the miles you have on yours concerning break-in.

But, it's not very time consuming to hand the tech a sample bottle to fill while oil servicing, mail and get results/recommendations back by Email, but whatever bro. You could still benefit from one.

My oem burner UOA showed why and what to do to correct. It's internal build proved worth the effort, but was going for a warranty replacement first. If denied that, would go with recommendations to save my oem VQ. Point is, if the build is good it's OC probably reversible. If build is bad, well then it's not worth trying. Only an UOA will tell you if worth keeping it or not.

G/L on whatever you decide....
Old 03-20-2009, 11:08 AM
widesti

at the dealership as i am typing and the results of my consumption test is as it reads:

"measured oil at 4MM below full at 1066 miles driven. within range of normal oil usage per NTD"

so is that okay?

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion