RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaser720
First thoughts on the V2 in my car... SLOW

Its a good deal slower than my first engine. I had a stock clutch put it too (replaced a JWT) and that sucks too. I really cant stand to drive my car now.
I may have spoken a bit too soon. The engine (now at 1300 miles) is starting to pick a little power back up. The clutch is starting to grab a good bit better also. I might have a chance to get it on a dyno today so we can get some V2 power numbers (are there any yet?).
Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Yea...fresh engines are usually a bit tight and loosen up as they're breaking-in.
They're even better once completely done with break-in.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:21 AM
photo2u

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Oc problem

I have been calling west covina nissan to get an answer to some of my questions regarding how they determine the oc test results. The manager has not call me back. Due to my work schedule I was not able to take an hour lunch to see him today. I will see him tomorrow.

I am starting to think that west covina nissan is going down the drain in service.

The service rep Tim is very cool and helpful but he might have his hands tied up with this type of problems.

I know that Frank is no longer the General Manager. I wonder if they might just go under and truly do not care about customer service.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Regul8or

Looks like I will be dropping mine off tmrw to finish the test. Been checking the dipstick and its a good bit under the line they marked.

My question is this: Is this not the perfect time to put headers on the car????
Anybody have any experience asking their dealer to do it as they were replacing the Engine?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2009, 08:10 AM
BIG Z

I've got a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers to after reading 50+ pages in this thread:

1. Is it possible to have your engine replaced with HR, or does everyone that gets their engine replaced get a V1 or V2?

2. If you still have OC after your 1st engine replacement and you get a lawyer, can you get a buyback? Or do you have to have engine replaced twice before a buyback?

3. The 370z is out and 350z will soon be or already is discontinued. How is this going to affect our TSB, buyback and/or getting a new engine?

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 PM
pcharoe1

Originally Posted by Regul8or
Looks like I will be dropping mine off tmrw to finish the test. Been checking the dipstick and its a good bit under the line they marked.

My question is this: Is this not the perfect time to put headers on the car????
Anybody have any experience asking their dealer to do it as they were replacing the Engine?

Thanks
Actually my service writer said this to me "now is the time, if you want us to put NISMO parts on your car", and they wouldn't charge me labor, because he said NISSAN of America pays the mechanic 9.5 hours or 9 hours I forgot which, to replace the engine.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:40 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by BIG Z
I've got a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers to after reading 50+ pages in this thread:

1. Is it possible to have your engine replaced with HR, or does everyone that gets their engine replaced get a V1 or V2?

2. If you still have OC after your 1st engine replacement and you get a lawyer, can you get a buyback? Or do you have to have engine replaced twice before a buyback?

3. The 370z is out and 350z will soon be or already is discontinued. How is this going to affect our TSB, buyback and/or getting a new engine?

Thanks.
No on a HR. V1's not to be used anymore for revup VQ replacements (those were pre TSB days) V2's only.

Read if you get a lawyer, some consider each time you come back in OC testing or it's mentioned about your OC to dealer and documented, that's a repair attempt. But usually it's if your third engine fails as strike three and is when buy-back/lemon law ball can roll. Depends on your state lemon laws and your attorney.

TSB is a TSB and stays in force with those affected z33 models listed on that TSB regardless, as long as power-train warranty is still if force on yours. After warranty, I'm rather sure your SOL after that time.

Not trying to sound like a *****, but I learned #1 and #2 from this thread. #3 is just my 02. I know, it's a long thread and covers years of this OC issue...
Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 AM
tee

After a 20 months I am out of my oil consuming 06 Roadster Touring 6MT and into a 370Z Touring 6MT with sport package. Original and second engine failed within 14,000 miles. NNA buyback.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 PM
MollyHulk

Haven't see you guys in about a year - Nissan bought back my oil burning '06. Check out my new ride - the new 2010 Mustang GT (315hp, 0-60 in 5.0flat, 1/4 mile in low 13s stock!)

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
MollyHulk

Nissan can eat my dust!!
------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by MollyHulk; 04-12-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 PM
avandss

ehhhh.... nasty color dude....
Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
MollyHulk

Man, you guys are still the same old bunch of blowhards - never gonna get it. You have a piece of crap and Nissan fixed this years ago. Those who took the money made a big mistake, the V1 and V2 continue to lose power as they get driven. Nissan fooled you!

----------------------------------------------

Old 04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
MollyHulk

Originally Posted by avandss
ehhhh.... nasty color dude....
Obvious jealous response - all you can say it's a nasty color?

You can't argue with the reviews: http://reviews.carreview.com/blog/20...he-glory-days/
Old 04-12-2009, 08:25 PM
avandss

oh dont get me wrong i love mustangs, i just dont like that color, also why would i be jealous? its a 35k car vs the z 55k car (in canada)

Old 04-12-2009, 08:40 PM
MollyHulk

Originally Posted by avandss
oh dont get me wrong i love mustangs, i just dont like that color, also why would i be jealous? its a 35k car vs the z 55k car (in canada)

I agree with you about the color (it was my wife's pick). I dissagree about it being cheap. Ford has real quality this year in this 2010 GT. It's also affordable.

I disagree about your figures. I paid $26k for my '06 350z (the oil consumer). This comparable GT starts at $34, so the Z is the cheap one in price and quality. These 4.6 V8s are like rocks and been around longer than the V35.

If you want to compare the high performance Zs, than look at the 2010 GT350 which has well over 500hp!! Another rock (or is that Chevy? )

Last edited by MollyHulk; 04-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
MollyHulk

Originally Posted by Chaser720
I may have spoken a bit too soon. The engine (now at 1300 miles) is starting to pick a little power back up. The clutch is starting to grab a good bit better also. I might have a chance to get it on a dyno today so we can get some V2 power numbers (are there any yet?).
Flashbacks dude! My advice to you, and I had three motors (V1, V2, and another V2) all consumed oil prior to my buyback. The V2 will start running with power around 1200-1300 miles - a lot of power. Then after 4-5k it's all down hill. It loses compression and obvious power, never to be the same.

Don't listen to these blow-hards, and you know the two I'm talking about - it's obvious they haven't changed in over a year still giving that Nissan bull crap. What happens when Nissans pays you off.

My advice is the exact opposite. Don't drive SLOW, drive HARD and see if it's going to consume. You're now broke in per the manual, so hit it hard to 6k and down and up and down for 100 miles and check the oil. It will consume before you reach 10k. If you baby it, you might go out to 30k or 35k but then it will start consuming.

I got well over what I purchased my Z for on the buyback, and I'm glad I did.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
avandss

Originally Posted by MollyHulk
I agree with you about the color (it was my wife's pick). I dissagree about it being cheap. Ford has real quality this year in this 2010 GT. It's also affordable.

I disagree about your figures. I paid $26k for my '06 350z (the oil consumer). This comparable GT starts at $34, so the Z is the cheap one in price and quality. These 4.6 V8s are like rocks and been around longer than the V35.

If you want to compare the high performance Zs, than look at the 2010 GT350 which has well over 500hp!! Another rock (or is that Chevy? )
well thats the exact price in canada, you can look for yourself

i like mustangs, but prefer my z ... plus i do think its a cheap car.... its a ford im just hatin cause your hatin, at the end of the day they are both .....
Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 AM
06CPV35

I agree with you about the color (it was my wife's pick).
So...it's your wifes Tang sounds like *chuckles* Enjoy it.....

Don't listen to these blow-hards, and you know the two I'm talking about - it's obvious they haven't changed in over a year still giving that Nissan bull crap.
Harsh words and will leave that one alone. Not worth my breath to you personally. Hate elsewhere
Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
MollyHulk

So you're going to dog out my wife for her color choice, call me hateful, and tell me to get off your thread. You haven't changed a bit in over a year.
----------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-13-2009, 05:41 PM
MollyHulk

Originally Posted by tee
After a 20 months I am out of my oil consuming 06 Roadster Touring 6MT and into a 370Z Touring 6MT with sport package. Original and second engine failed within 14,000 miles. NNA buyback.
Good for you! Look what I just ordered with my buyback money - like the color?? BTY, don't expect the blowhards to reply to your posting - you did the right thing. Those who took the payoff are now prohibited from buyback. They're stuck on this thread hoping the V2 will be a success, and with blinders on they don't want to hear the truth about the V2.

Good for you!

---------------------------------------------------

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion