Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:42 PM
king67rsss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jivenwail, Please tell me you did not sign that paperwork. If you did not, please post what they want you to sign and let us take a look at it before you sign it.
Many times the fine print in the paperwork releases the manufacturer from further responsibility.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM
CRXtoZ

Originally Posted by king67rsss
Also I find it very strange that they would just order an engine for you without the actual consumption tests to prove that you are really having a problem. Without the tests Nissan does not know whether the problem is actually caused by a faulty engine or lazy vehicle owner.
I would get what the Rep said in writing ASAP.
This is what I have on the receipt:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Perform oil change
cust informed that oil level has been documented and cust will come back in 700 miles to check oil level.

2. Internal LOF ( what does it mean?)
Do I need something else?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 PM
jivenwail

I have not signed anything yet, but yes they want me to sign something saying that I will not come after them for anything later. Once the work is done, I am going to make a few more payments and investigate trade in/up, in which case I will be starting from scratch, and will be unbound as the agreement is supposed to apply only to the vin of my current car. If I get a new one, entirely new agreement. I should have paperwork this week, and I will share.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
king67rsss

Originally Posted by CRXtoZ
1. Perform oil change
cust informed that oil level has been documented and cust will come back in 700 miles to check oil level.

#2 could mean internal letter of findings but that is just a shot in the dark. I would get the Rep to specifically state in writing what he told you about receiving a new engine. I know for my case they told me to open a case with NNA before they committed to an engine replacement. Fortunately I already had registered my complaints and had a case # before I went in to the dealership that eventually replaced the engine.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:09 PM
TuckandTwist

Originally Posted by CRXtoZ
1. Perform oil change

Acronym Definition
LOF Laughing on Floor
LOF Laws of Florida
LOF Left of Frame (film and television industry)
LOF Legion of Fire (gaming clan)
LOF Letter Of Offer
LOF Level Of Fill
LOF Libbey Owens Ford Co
LOF Life of Field (oil and gas)
LOF Line Of Fire
LOF Line Of Flight
LOF Lloyd Open Form
LOF Local Oscillator Frequency (satellite converter)
LOF Loss of Feedwater
LOF Loss of Flow
LOF Loss Of Frame
LOF Loss of Function
LOF Lowest Operating Frequency
LOF Lube, Oil, & Filter
LOF Pilkington - Libbery Owens Ford
Old 11-01-2007, 06:14 AM
TuckandTwist

Default Engine Part Numbers?

Just picked up the Z with the new engine. My invoice shows two line items on the invoice for the engine part number:

p/n AA20AA Replace Long Engine Assy
p/n 01N/10102-CD7M1 Engine, Bare

Can anyone tell me which version engine I received from this info? Does not look like anything I've read here. If those numbers don't yield anything does anyone know where to look on the engine for anything useful? Ther service writer had no clue what I got (V1 or V2). TIA!!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:05 AM
luvZcar

Originally Posted by TuckandTwist
Just picked up the Z with the new engine. My invoice shows two line items on the invoice for the engine part number:

p/n AA20AA Replace Long Engine Assy
p/n 01N/10102-CD7M1 Engine, Bare

Can anyone tell me which version engine I received from this info? Does not look like anything I've read here. If those numbers don't yield anything does anyone know where to look on the engine for anything useful? Ther service writer had no clue what I got (V1 or V2). TIA!!
wow those are all new to me too ,I have not seen those part numbers before looks like you recieved the first V3 lol J/K, I don't know
10102-ac7ma v1
10102-ac7mz v2
10102-cd7m1 ?
as long as it fixes the O.C. we are happy for you!keep us updated on your progress

Last edited by luvZcar; 11-01-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:45 PM
TuckandTwist

Drove it 13 miles home from the dealship, parked it in the garage, let it sit all afternoon, just checked the oil and it's a half quart low! Ha! This V3 engine is already burning oil!

I'll top it off tonight to make sure we get an accurate start on this next OC test ... dumbasses ...
Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 PM
CRXtoZ

Drove it 13 miles home from the dealship, parked it in the garage, let it sit all afternoon, just checked the oil and it's a half quart low! Ha! This V3 engine is already burning oil!

I'll top it off tonight to make sure we get an accurate start on this next OC test ... dumbasses ...
This is scary. Please let us know what you find. I suppose to be getting a replacement sson and I don't want to end up with something worse that what I already have.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
luvZcar

If you look in the owners manual it states that our cars take 5qts of oil and that it should read at the half way between the H and L mark on the dip stick(page 8-10)and that is normal, but it is very true that it does fill(at the H)with about 5 1/2qts I believe from my experiences, with the oil 5qts filled right at the half way point and it still takes almost another1/2 to 3/4 qt to fill (to the H ) its very possible that your dealer just filled it with the recomended 5 qts and that it shows only half way on the dip stick. if I was you fill it to the H and watch it as we've all done in the past then see if it eating oil and let us know. I hope not that would look very bad for the fixed motor

Last edited by luvZcar; 11-01-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Mid117

1) Dbasal - maybe not fixed. (no new update as of 10/12/07)
2) Theatrix - 3500 mi ….still NOT burning oil
3) RBlover - Success - Done w/Break-in. 4k mi…No OC when running Mobil 1 0w-40 synth w/synth oil filter.
4) 4Shizzil - Success 2k on synth and not a drop, dyno’d at 265-275
5) Zmaximus - still consuming (no new update as of 10/12/07)
6) Antennahead - 3k mi (changed oil at 200 mi) – so far so good - still pending
7) Creationv2 - dont know yet...only 100 miles
8) Hexxum001 - G35 with V2 motor - so far so good (no new update as of 10/12/07)
9) ZMedic16 - Still Pending (no new update as of 10/12/07)
10) ZLOC06 – 1400 mi and some OC - but still pending. (no new update as of 10/12/07)
11) ZPHILE - 45mi on V2 - still pending
12) luvZcar -5000 miles and still consuming ( new v1 under oil consumption test )
13) ZeeForce - 800 miles so far so good - pending break-in (oil changed at 500 miles with 5w-30 Castrol GTX, still full on dipstick)
14) jkim1978 - 0.5 qt per 1k mi – still pending (no new update as of 10/12/07)
15) pooch15 - 950 mi on V2 - Everything looks good so far.
16) neverbonestock – still pending
17) doublins – 1k mi - still pending
18) joe blow xbox – replaced with V1 – still pending
19) Mid117 – replaced with V1 – ***Update: 500-600 miles on new motor, checked oil, so far so good***
20) 9kFever – replaced with V1 – still pending
21) king67rsss – 20 mi – still pending
22) ROGERD – V1 longblock installed - consuming 2 qt per 3k mi

^ Hey guys, is the info current and correct?
If not, please update and repost this list.Thank
Old 11-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Mid117

Hey guys, I just broke in my new V1, what oil you guys I should throw in?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
TuckandTwist

Originally Posted by luvZcar
If you look in the owners manual ....
Ahhh. RTFM

Thanks for setting me straight!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:49 PM
antennahead

It takes more than 5 quarts to fill up a brand new engine, approximately 5 1/2. If they only put in 5 you were low right from the start.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:00 AM
TuckandTwist

Default Which Engine?

Thanks for setting me straight on the oil level issue.

Here is the first page of the invoice for the engine replacement. If anyone can figure out which version engine I received feel free to jump in. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-regal-nissan-engine-invoice.jpg  
Old 11-02-2007, 04:03 AM
TuckandTwist

Here's a little better close up of the items on the invoice:
Attached Thumbnails RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-regal-nissan-engine-invoice-1.jpg  
Old 11-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Doba

Damn 93 pages and counting on this OC issue. The only reason I started reading is because I have an 06 lined up and I'm doing my homework like every good buyer should.

Please dont hate that I dont read all 93 pages, I've read a few and from my understanding the only fix Nissan came up with is replacing the longblock with V1 or V2.

yet some people still claim to have OC after new swap?.... am I on the ball?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:56 AM
luvZcar

tuckandtwist I just noticed you have an 04 350 right?If thats the case you have a different motor then the 06(it the same motor just some defferent specs) you have a 287hp motor and your part number will be different then ours so thats probly what we are seeing here.But good luck on the new install hope all goes well for you.Oh yeah I'm a little slow whats rtfm mean? not up to date with the lingo Thanks and good luck, keep us posted
Old 11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
TuckandTwist

tuckandtwist I just noticed you have an 04 350 right?
Yep.

If thats the case you have a different motor then the 06(it the same motor just some defferent specs) you have a 287hp motor and your part number will be different then ours so thats probly what we are seeing here. But good luck on the new install hope all goes well for you.
You mean everyone here is talking only about 06 year models? (I guess that is the title of this thread ... duh!)

Oh yeah I'm a little slow whats rtfm mean? not up to date with the lingo Thanks and good luck, keep us posted
Read the F*&%in manual.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:16 AM
luvZcar

Yep.

You mean everyone here is talking only about 06 year models? (I guess that is the title of this thread ... duh!)

Read the F*&%in manual.
its not just only the 06 thread but the part number given are for the 06 rev up and thats why your part number is diff and you should be all set from what I have heard the oil consumption on other years is few and far between not as bad as the 06 so I'd say your one lucky person cause this should fix it for you and we still have to hope for that, and its good that you have joined us cause now we know we are not alone in this problem right now I wish i had an 04 lol @rtfm I read mine three times just to make sure I had all the info right

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion