Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:33 AM
hieu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myZter
i always thought manuals burned oil compared to auto but i guess not.. subies have problem with burning oil too not as bad as Z but guess thats normal for them

i went to WCN for the second time yesterday and burned 1qt in 500miles. have to go again on 700miles and then they are going to file my problem. they told me that no one is getting new engine right now cuz some are still having the same problem.
Heri told me this..
Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 AM
hieu

Originally Posted by Mid117
Nissan North America offered me $2500 for all the trouble I've had with my Z.

Hmm....It's best for a buyback, but they should raise the $$ a little more
What were your troubles? Just oil consumption? Did you write them ?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Mid117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hieu
What were your troubles? Just oil consumption? Did you write them ?
Oil consumption - got a new motor
Grinding 5th gear - got a new tranny
Car would not crank or start - new battery, new ECU system

All of this totalled over 30 days in the dealer getting fixed
Old 11-09-2007, 11:17 AM
luvZcar

Hey guys check this out ,this guy got then to trade up for his 06 to a 07 for like a grand wondering if they don't fix it soon then HHHHMMMMM maybe
https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/313609-my-2007-350z-2.html
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 AM
JoeyFyed

Originally Posted by RBlover69
agreed theres a wait time on revised motors . If they had it in stock its def a rebuild revup or a stock new motor
Yea, I noticed the boxes they had it said reman engine. So im guess i got a
V1, will call later. I do know im going in next week for an oil change and diag. Ive been hearing the same engine knocking again. Not sure if its my aftermarkey clutch rattling or not. Im kinda hoping they replace the engine again so im closer to lemoning this.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
BabyZiLLa

Ok where is this "list"? Post 1 has nothing. Im suppose to go through all 100 pages again to find it?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:35 PM
06CPV35

^Go to post # 1871
Or here's a short cut for you:
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...postcount=1871
Old 11-09-2007, 05:58 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
^Go to post # 1871
Thanks mate..
Old 11-10-2007, 02:27 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by luvZcar
Hey guys check this out ,this guy got then to trade up for his 06 to a 07 for like a grand wondering if they don't fix it soon then HHHHMMMMM maybe
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313609&page=2
3 motors in his 06, prolly had all V1's, still nice to get an 07 for under a grand as a trade in. Wonder how much he had to pay for the lawyer? I threaten to get a lawyer and received a V2. Hummm, maybe if I had actually retained a lawyer then maybe I would also be sitting in an 07. I would be intersted in what else he did other than printing all the pages here on this topic and retain a lawyer. Sounds a little too easy, and that NNA would trade up just on that. Prolly due to the third attempt (3 engine replacements) and no fix is what did it. IMHO. I threatened NNA with an attorney and they asked what I want and I said an 07 engine, should have just said an 07 vehicle, then again that would be dreaming cuz they could have saved $$$ by dropping an 07 engine in an 06 vehicle, until I found out it's not that easy. I should have got the lawyer or BBB....Well no sense in me crying over spilled milk. If the current V2 starts consuming, I am getting the lawyer for a trade into an 07.

You are on your second waiting for a third, it's food for thought!

Last edited by ZeeForce; 11-10-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:24 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by antennahead
My engine was replaced mid August, where the heck did I get end of Sept. from .................. I need a vacation! lol

John
Got it, will update the list, thanks.

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Ok where is this "list"? Post 1 has nothing. Im suppose to go through all 100 pages again to find it?
^Go to post # 1871
I am about ready to post up another updated list.

Please use this template.

Template:
So Far So Good – Still Pending
Some OC – Still Pending
Still Pending
Still Consuming
Success

OC: quarts per 1k miles: (please convert to 1k miles)
Engine Install Date:
Mileage on Engine: (new installed engine, not total mileage on vehicle)
Mileage on current oil change interval of 3750 – 4000:
Oil Type/Brand/Weight:
Old 11-10-2007, 10:06 PM
9kFever

I had my motor replaced about 2 months ago with a V1.

I went through the BBB after hearing that the V2 was out and some how I did not get it. NNA turned the claim over to their arbitration department, and they agreed to replace my motor once again without even making me do another consumption test.

Today my car went in to get the V2 replacement.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:49 PM
ZeeForce

Congrats, you will feel the difference right away with the regained compression and it will also sound louder. That was a fast turn around from since you just received a V1 has a replacement engine.

I am glad for you and that you are finally getting a V2. I hope you checked the box/crate for the part # before you turned over the keys. Or at least got a confirmation from the dealer that it is part # 10102 AC7MZ, because there is no proof on the engine, it’s either on the box or it’s on the invoice. They should have given you an extended warranty.

Did they give you a decent rental car, and are they paying for it?

Again congrats, soon you will be enjoying your Z again!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:49 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa

For the record...I have read all the post. If you REALLY want all the information...then I would suggest taking the time and reading all of it.

My two cents...I have a V2 hand built..one of the first..May of last summer..15K miles and it purrs...thinking of selling it and getting a built motor...to go FI
Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
For the record...I have read all the post. If you REALLY want all the information...then I would suggest taking the time and reading all of it.

My two cents...I have a V2 hand built..one of the first..May of last summer..15K miles and it purrs...thinking of selling it and getting a built motor...to go FI
Thought I read a few hundred posts back that the first hand built VQ (V1) was the 10102-AC7MA, while the most recent hand built (V2) was the 10102-AC7MZ. Or was the 10102-AC7MA concluded as a factory replacement and not the first hand built ones from Japan. Please confirm.

Us G peeps having a discussion about what the 10102-AC7M1 is, being there's a G member who stated having the hand built VQ with this part number.
Forget when he got replacement, but it was a long time ago and stated hand built with revised rings, etc.
He's on the list here as well indicating having a V2.
We know and have confirmed that the 10102-AC7M9 is the most recent hand built being used (AC7MZ for you Z peeps), with 10102-AC7M1 being used previously for G's.

It has become somewhat confusing as to whether there are one or two hand built versions for us G ppl, being we seem to have two different part numbers for the same handbuilt revup VQ's.

Any clarification with your two Z part numbers or insite to our part numbers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ I will dig up my paper work and post part #'s for my G.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:59 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
^^ I will dig up my paper work and post part #'s for my G.
I have read the entire thread.. I just don't remember the exact page out of 100 i saw the list on, it should really be updated in post 1..

Despite reading the whole thread im still really confused as to how I tell if a block is V2. As i posted I was told it would be a few months for my new engine. Then all of a sudden they called me saying they'd have it in a few weeks. Which has me skeptical that its a V2.

Im going to flat out refuse the engine if its a V1. But i don't know a definitive way to tell.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Congrats, you will feel the difference right away with the regained compression and it will also sound louder. That was a fast turn around from since you just received a V1 has a replacement engine.

I am glad for you and that you are finally getting a V2. I hope you checked the box/crate for the part # before you turned over the keys. Or at least got a confirmation from the dealer that it is part # 10102 AC7MZ, because there is no proof on the engine, it’s either on the box or it’s on the invoice. They should have given you an extended warranty.

Did they give you a decent rental car, and are they paying for it?

Again congrats, soon you will be enjoying your Z again!
I got a Nissan Murano SL AWD when I had the v1 replacement.

Right now I am in a Titan.

Cant complain. NNA wouldn't give me the extended waranty. I should have put it as the arbitration with BBB
Old 11-11-2007, 08:00 PM
ZeeForce

Thought I read a few hundred posts back that the first hand built VQ (V1) was the 10102-AC7MA, while the most recent hand built (V2) was the 10102-AC7MZ. Or was the 10102-AC7MA concluded as a factory replacement and not the first hand built ones from Japan. Please confirm.

Us G peeps having a discussion about what the 10102-AC7M1 is, being there's a G member who stated having the hand built VQ with this part number.
Forget when he got replacement, but it was a long time ago and stated hand built with revised rings, etc.
He's on the list here as well indicating having a V2.
We know and have confirmed that the 10102-AC7M9 is the most recent hand built being used (AC7MZ for you Z peeps), with 10102-AC7M1 being used previously for G's.

It has become somewhat confusing as to whether there are one or two hand built versions for us G ppl, being we seem to have two different part numbers for the same handbuilt revup VQ's.

Any clarification with your two Z part numbers or insite to our part numbers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
The only thing that matters today is that all current replacements of G35 engines on this site have received part # “9”. If one person said he got his prior to July 07 and it is hand built (not hand built from Japan) with revised rings with part # 1, as long as it’s not consuming oil is all that matters.

We know by the new part # s (below) that Nissan and Infinity owners today are receiving the Japan hand built V2 part #’s. A few have received left over stock of V1’s and they have gone back and requested the V2 part # engine.

For confirmation/clarification the current part numbers that are being used for V2’s on the Z and G’s are listed below. If today a G owner receives part # “1” then he most likely has an original equipment engine that is most likely a mechanically defective V1.

In Jun-July of 2007 the Japan hand built V2 became available.

For the Z:
Original equipment engine (V1) Part # 10102-AC7MA
Hand built Japan engine (V2) Part # 10102-AC7MZ

For the G35:
Original equipment engine (V1) Part # 10102-AC7M1
Hand built Japan engine (V2) Part # 10102-AC7M9

Btw: I have started to notate (G35) on the list next to V2 for the members that have indicated G35 when this list was started, or through any updated posts. So far the list only has a G35 notation next to (Hexxum001) and will be adding (4Shizzil).

From all the information we have here, and it is limited on the G35, is that there is only one part # for the hand built Japan V2 which is the “9”.
I will add these part #’s to the list as a reference to any one looking for clarification in the future.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:06 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by 9kFever
I got a Nissan Murano SL AWD when I had the v1 replacement.

Right now I am in a Titan.

Cant complain. NNA wouldn't give me the extended waranty. I should have put it as the arbitration with BBB
Ttitan is not bad, will feel weird once you slip back into the Z.
Oh well, you could always try on the back side once the Z is back in your garage.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
anate

Ends in a 9. Just had mine put in last week. Have about 30 miles on it so will see how it works.

Also, don't remember what my old engine looked like, but the new one looks different. The front part that is visible on the block has more of a waffle weave aluminum, the old one (from pictures of others' original equipment engine at least) looks cleaner.

Any definitive information and other dyno's as to the performance difference on this engine.

I am still breaking mine in so I can't tell if it's faster or not. Seems more linear, but still, not broken in yet.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion