Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luvZcar
yeah i know but the guys here don't seem to bs me and they have yet to do me wrong and I'm sure a bunch seem to rely on secound hand info,But they have been spot on so far ,and yes its in letter head but for some reason I can't get it to upload to my350z,but heres what it said I copied and pasted this but as soon as I can I'll post the scan:CONTACTED NISSAN TECH. ASSIST. - CASE _ - WAS ADVISED
OF A NEW ENGINE IS IN PRODUCTION TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM NEW ENGINE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. ADVISED CUSTOMER THAT HE WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN ENGINE BECOMES AVAILABLE"
Waiting on the scan. Thanks for the post but Nissan dealers don't care much about Internet ramblings; a scan would be more helpful for those of us dealing with them.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:33 PM
9kFever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by antennahead
I wasn't flaming you, sorry if you thought that..... was just commenting on the "party" line they have been touting for some time, and how that leads to confusion amoung those with the OC issue.

Well I have no idea whats going on. My NNA rep called back today saying he ordered me the fixed motor. He couldn't give me a part number (they are clueless) but he said it is the hand built motor from japan. Im skeptical lol....but oh well this is motor 3 in my car!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:25 PM
luvZcar

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Waiting on the scan. Thanks for the post but Nissan dealers don't care much about Internet ramblings; a scan would be more helpful for those of us dealing with them.
not sure how to resize it to fit the format here anyone up for doing this give me a email address to send it to and I'd be glad too,but if its the same run around we've been getting then whats the use

Last edited by luvZcar; 10-23-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by luvZcar
antennahead this will be my 3rd motor and as the rest of you I'm suspicous too ,also thats excatly what they said the rings, pistons and cylinder walls all have been revised (not just a new supplyer for rings, but new specs)of course its still a rev up dah and here I thought I was getting the top secret motor made just for me Guys we all have to take what they say with a little grain of salt read between the lines and figure out the truth for ourselfs, ofcourse they are buying some time why put another motor thats just going to eat oil in my car again, what ever I just want it fixed and I'm willing to wait for a little while and give them a chance to make it right. 50/50 chance that it won't take NOT A FIX, hand built true but not working for all.Believe me I'm mad about this too but lets not hate on each other I was just relaying what was told to me, I've been going through this for a long time , as has most of you and some of you got the run arround ,well I did not they replaced my motor the first time after one test and have been very good to me there they shared what info they had then and are sharing the info they have know,so lets all hope they do something soon................I'm out
I'm with ya man. I get emotional at times about this, but hope it's never confused as flaming anyone for stating what they are being told by their dealer or NNA. My anger comes from the lack of honest info they want to impart about this in general. It's obvious this is a "damage control/minimize liability and expenses approach with them. The possibility of a third engine with revised cylinder walls would really upset those with V2s. Like, if you knew this was coming NNA, then why weren't you just honest with us..... many would have waited for the V3. Of course this gives validity to the story and possibility that this is true, at this point I am not sure I believe that, or what to believe..........and that lack of faith is their fault, they caused it.

John
PS: I am also not convinced that some dealers are confusing the replacement engines originally issued to fix the consumption, that did not work, with the V2 that seems to be working, and when their rep says a new engine is coming, the rep is referring to what we call the V2, and the service dept confuses the original "no fix" replacement with the V2. My rep led me to believe they couldn't build these things fast enough, and that there was going to be a backlog for a while, another possible reason some are being told it hasn't been released/isn't available yet.

Last edited by antennahead; 10-23-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
ZeeForce

luvZcar, sent you a pm with my addy

Last edited by ZeeForce; 10-23-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM
ZeeForce

A part # would help. I am not convinced when they say it does not matter if it's an "A" or a "Z". From the stats all the replaced with part # "A" are consuming the most oil. Another thing I cannot see is how are they keeping track of the engines without changing the part #. That is the so called good "A" versus the bad "A" as in the original defective engine. It does not make sense from an inventory control perspective.

The "Z" part numbers really are looking good, plus no one has had their "Z" part # replaced a second time because they are not consuming anywhere near previous OC testing. We are still getting some new updates weekly on folk that have chimed in lately with an update. The folk that have updated the stats are looking good.

+1
I am with antennahead and RBlover69, skeptical and pissed if it's true, only a part # will tell.

I will post up a new stat list shortly.

luvZcar, I hope you got some sound info.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 PM
ZeeForce

I am also not convinced that some dealers are confusing the replacement engines originally issued to fix the consumption, that did not work, with the V2 that seems to be working, and when their rep says a new engine is coming, the rep is referring to what we call the V2, and the service dept confuses the original "no fix" replacement with the V2. My rep led me to believe they couldn't build these things fast enough, and that there was going to be a backlog for a while, another possible reason some are being told it hasn't been released/isn't available yet.
Sounds like luvZcar is on a bakorder list like folk were before, and is going to receive a V2 like the rest of us have.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
A part # would help. I am not convinced when they say it does not matter if it's an "A" or a "Z". From the stats all the replaced with part # "A" are consuming the most oil. Another thing I cannot see is how are they keeping track of the engines without changing the part #. That is the so called good "A" versus the bad "A" as in the original defective engine. It does not make sense from an inventory control perspective.

The "Z" part numbers really are looking good, plus no one has had their "Z" part # replaced a second time because they are not consuming anywhere near previous OC testing. We are still getting some new updates weekly on folk that have chimed in lately with an update. The folk that have updated the stats are looking good.

+1
I am with antennahead and RBlover69, skeptical and pissed if it's true, only a part # will tell.

well they can be keeping track with the actual eninge number, as i stated before, i asked my dealership for my v2 engine number, and any v1 engine number since my orignal v1 isnt there anymore. id post the engine number, but i dont think anyone else has asked and i dont know if thats information thats freely given out. but if ppl with new motors or even the old ask and get an engine number then i guess its not a secret. so im sure they know whos who.

Last edited by creationv2; 10-23-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by creationv2
well they can be keeping track with the actual eninge number, as i stated before, i asked my dealership for my v2 engine number, and any v1 engine number since my orignal v1 isnt there anymore. id post the engine number, but i dont think anyone else has asked and i dont know if thats information thats freely given out. but if ppl with new motors or even the old ask and get an engine number then i guess its not a secret. so im sure they know whos who.
Very interesting and I do remember you stating this before, although I must have mis-interpreted the message. I thought you were talking about the part #’s Z & “A. Now I see you were saying the ACTUAL part number or SERIAL number from the engine(s).

My old engine is gone, although as I have posted pics before, some if not all of the other actual markings (numbers) on my V2. Dunno know which would be the serial number of the engine if any of them. I could also check with my dealer to see if it’s on my file.

If we had an old engine serial number and V2 serial # then maybe it is coded like the vin # and we could see if there is a pattern change in the numbers.

Here again are the markings/serial numbers from my V2. Do any of these look similar to your V2 engine serial # ?

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03733.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03736.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03746.jpg
Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 PM
ZeeForce

Default V2 & V1 Stats

Updated stats

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-v2-and-v1-stats_0011.jpg
Old 10-23-2007, 09:28 PM
9kFever

Updated stats

Attachment 165919
V2 on order
Old 10-23-2007, 09:54 PM
creationv2

well idk what it is on the acutal engine, i just aske for it, and the v1 number is different from the v2, but idk what to interpret of it cuz its a serial number so it could just be like engine number 7 of 10 or soemthing, the only major difference is the ending, the old one i have ends in B and the new one C

looking at your pic it might be that serial, 130-769.

what i have is:
VQ35 117761C (= v2)
VQ35 416555B (= v1)

anyone else have numbers? or ask for the numbers?

Last edited by creationv2; 10-23-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:06 AM
TuckandTwist

Default My Dealer Knows Nothing

Originally Posted by TuckandTwist
I'll call the service manager and see what he knows regarding the new engines ... they have not given me a completion date yet.
My dealership knows nothing about the replacement engines except that they're coming from Japan. He opined that they are refurbished long blocks but said "I really do not know what they are."

They were supposed to receive the new motor yesterday but he said it did not arrive but it should get here today. We'll see. He did say if it arrives today it will be ready by Friday .... fingers crossed.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 AM
luvZcar

I'm with ya man. I get emotional at times about this, but hope it's never confused as flaming anyone for stating what they are being told by their dealer or NNA. My anger comes from the lack of honest info they want to impart about this in general. It's obvious this is a "damage control/minimize liability and expenses approach with them. The possibility of a third engine with revised cylinder walls would really upset those with V2s. Like, if you knew this was coming NNA, then why weren't you just honest with us..... many would have waited for the V3. Of course this gives validity to the story and possibility that this is true, at this point I am not sure I believe that, or what to believe..........and that lack of faith is their fault, they caused it.

John
PS: I am also not convinced that some dealers are confusing the replacement engines originally issued to fix the consumption, that did not work, with the V2 that seems to be working, and when their rep says a new engine is coming, the rep is referring to what we call the V2, and the service dept confuses the original "no fix" replacement with the V2. My rep led me to believe they couldn't build these things fast enough, and that there was going to be a backlog for a while, another possible reason some are being told it hasn't been released/isn't available yet.
hey we are all in this together and I can understand were you are coming from its so hard to find the truth in what we are dealing with,and I'm not sure of what they are telling me but have to stand by them for now as they have not once gave me a hard time about this ,also my dealer clams thats I got the replacment motor with new rings from a differant supplier and I will continue to call this the V3 as it will be my 3rd motor and I'm sure these too are hand bulid and thats why we are on back order
P>S well said I agree

Last edited by luvZcar; 10-24-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 PM
luvZcar

Zeeforce scan sent to your email thanks for the help and your right it could be a v2 handbuilt motor,but at the same time if they tried to hand buld some of the origanal motors and they failed ,they would still have to hand build the new version I'm sure they will not set up a factory for the few engines they need ,so that could be causeing the wait too, from what I heard they had the same problem with another car but it was the machine that was screwing up putting the rings on wrong and so maybe they thought this was the same problem and tried to hand build a few with the same specs and that failed and then they had to revise that even and so you could have very well gottin the fix motor again we may never know the whole true but if it is a fix then great sign me up

Last edited by luvZcar; 10-24-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:12 PM
luvZcar

guys just so you all know i blocked out all personal info of mine and my dealer but you can clearly see the statement that i claim it said and that it is letter head
Old 10-24-2007, 12:35 PM
luvZcar

+1

maybe the Z"part number was hand built origanal specs will have to see what part number I get and if its the same as you and then again they could have built mine by hand with origanal specs A"part number and yours is the fixed new specs
Old 10-24-2007, 06:32 PM
captainz

Last edited by captainz; 10-28-2007 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
TuckandTwist

Originally Posted by captainz
im new to this forum but by reading all the threads i see im not alone with this bad engine.i have started the process with the bbb and the attorney general.is there any way other than postings on this forum to document the problem when presenting my case?nna is telling me as they have others that there is no problem and have no knowledge of any of this.any help would be appreciated as im new to all this.i will keep everyone up to date on how my case is being handled.
I too am new to this forum but welcome.

I would do like I did and take it to a Nissan dealership and ask them to perform an oil consumption test. They'll change the oil & filter and seal the dipstick and oil drain bolt and ask you to drive it 500 miles and then bring it back to see how much it consumed. Then they will contact nna for you if you are burning excessive amounts of oil and they will negotiate the engine swap for you (at least that's what happened in my case). I had no problem getting a replacement engine this way. Mine is in the shop now and I am scheduled to pick it up Friday. I did not contact the BBB or the Atty Gen. I have 58,500 miles on my Z.

Last edited by TuckandTwist; 10-24-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM
doctorshumes

Going for a compression test next week. Also, my friend with an 06 civic SI says he burns 1 quart per 3K miles and so do others he ta;ks to locally and on forums. The thought is that higher reving engines create higher pressure and the rings just dont create a tight enough seal (SI, S2000, Z). I still burn more oil on the interstate cruising then with reving to 4K plus rpm with stop and go driving so I dont know. Would be interesting to know if any 07 HR engines are burning oil with redline at 7500RPM. If not, then they are likely using different rings/piston heads/both.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion