Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

In desperate need of technical help (wire to disconnect for burnouts in an Auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 12:25 AM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question In desperate need of technical help (wire to disconnect for burnouts in an Auto

I will never get better than a 2.1 60' (my best to date) with my current setup.

I am trying to order drag radials (can't find any 18's again all though someone posted them I can't find them using search on drag radial or any 18's at BFG website!

Anyway as most know, with the A5T when you press on the brake and the gas at the same time (a must for burnouts in the A5T) power is cut 30%!

I could not do burnouts at the track. Two girls in the pit even laughed at me when I cam back ans said "nice burnout" because there wasn't one, rude biaaatches anywaZ I still managed a 2.1 60 foot seen here but obviusly when I get my DR's they MUST[SIZE=3] be hated up.

All I know is that I need to disconnect a wire somewhere and I need to do it soon like tomorow!

I am not a mechanic Nor electrician so please will some kind sould take the time to type the step by step the process and I will print it out? My buddy is coming buy tomorow to swap my jets with me from 65 to 75 and we would like to cut this wire to enable burnouts at the same time.

If someone will please do this then I will repay you with a 1.8 60' tomorow (track night, actually tonight tecniclly) posted to my website on stock tires and a 13.2 at 106 on Nitto's non DR.

Help me represent the Z!

I thank the techniclly skilled geniuises (Michael Dalls etc you still here) in advanced and apoligize for my lack of electronic expertise, I just drive em but I am learning here, did my Grounding kit myself, detailing it myself, little by little, even did some painting of my engine bay things I used to have to pay others to do! I do have the Service Manual CD for my bud and me (the guy who lowered my car.

Thanks again
Old 04-09-2003, 03:07 AM
j's350z

If its the same as the 6spd, which it should be, then all you have to do is remove the cover for the fus epanel which is in the drivers side kick panel, by the dead pedal and look on the back. Their is a fuse labeled brake lights or just brake, something like that. Use the puller which is stored in their also and pull the fuse. To test this, just check to see if your brake lights work, if they don't, then you should be good to go for a burnout... When I did this, I made sure to tell the guy behind me that I had no brake lights so be careful..... Good Luck...I was thinking about hooking up a toggle for that wire so all I would have to do is flick a switch whenever I wanted to do a burn out....
Old 04-09-2003, 12:41 PM
ThreeFiftyZoom

So even on the maunal transmissions it cuts the power if you try and powerbrake? Whats the point of that?
Old 04-09-2003, 01:01 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by ThreeFiftyZoom
So even on the maunal transmissions it cuts the power if you try and powerbrake? Whats the point of that?
well, in a car which is not being purposely "power-broke" (which i can see being beneficial only for warming up tires for racing), why would you need acceleration while braking? this in combination with the fact someone panicking in a possible accident, might hit the gas by mistake...

this is the nissan viewpoint, remove the fuse at the track, or put a switch to stop the signal from reaching the ECU.

some notes:

if you want to make a switch, you have to make it after the split it makes on the ECU side (1 goes to actual brake lights, 1 goes to ECU). this way you can toggle the switch and not lose the brake lights. this is the way i did it... i can give more information if needed.

btw... if the ecu does not see this signal over "some time" (according to the FSM) the MIL will come on.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:36 PM
POWERZ

Question

Would it be possible to incorporate this into the TCS button? Any time I have the TCS off I would want this off as well. Then it would be automatically on each time you restart the car, preventing the MIL. Just a thought.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:42 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

easy on my poor tires man!
Old 04-09-2003, 02:51 PM
12SecZ

Ares,

I just got off the phone with Todd from DTD, they DO NOT make *any* DR'S for an 18 inch rim!!!

Depsite the fact that someone posted a thread that listeds DR's in the size 18 that I can't find anymore!!!

Todd specializes in tires and he would know so now I am bummed.

They are "in production"

So now I have to wait for your funds to clear and then resenfd them back, this is BS.

Where is that guy or thread that said there was 18 in DR's and posted sizes!

I need answers this is seriuos!

And I wasn't gonna burn out the non DR's the burn outs for DR's which I can't even get. I don't heat up non DR's they launch better cold.

The point is that I want to launch at 25oorpm to do this you have to have your foot on the break!

Not to mention that this power reduction also cuts your fuel, your spark, your timing!!! It's a stupid thing to do to a sports car!

Rant off, I am obviusly bummed.

Maybe you can just cancel the Pay Pal transaction or maybe someone can PROVE that there are 18 in DR's as was posted here.

I am going to search through every one of my posts till I find the dang thread which will take a while 700+ posts!

I have spoke with someone who reduced their ET by 3 tenths by doing this mod and thye "cut a wire" we need to follow up on this for us racers man. Cutting fuel power spark and timing at launch is *NOT* a good thing!

I just got paged, I will be back
Old 04-09-2003, 07:32 PM
12SecZ

Exclamation

I'm back online caught up on PM's,

If anyone who is in R&D as a sponsor please read this important thread!

You could sell a kit or incorparate it into an ECU.

Money for you.

Till then thanks for the tip on the fuse Jason, will use next Wednesday didn't go tonight.

Michael aka Skiddazzle I *am* interested in further details on a toggle and the wiring. My track has 3 exit turn offs so I will have to be careful. If I am ahead I will hit turn one, if I am behind I will keep going to the 2nd lane. As you know crap happens real fast at 105+ mph!

Interesting to see my 60' with the brake light mod!! Wish I had DR's though! Next Wednesday new times with a bottle heater and 75HP Jets instead of 65!!! Can't wait... Addiction.....

Time to start that thread search on DR sizes.

Ares you have my attbi email use that for communications getting your money back unless I can find 18 in DR's.

It has not posted to my account yet, soon as it does you get it all back.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:22 AM
POWERZ

Thumbs down WHAT?!

Ok, it wasn't a big deal when you backed out of selling me your floor mats. All it cost me was 5 bucks in PayPal fees and a little hassle. I decided to let it slide....

But now you are going to back out on selling your tires to ares too?! Is your word not worth ANYTHING?! If you tell someone you are going to sell them something - sell it. If you aren't ready to sell something, don't commit to it.

I think it's time you 'man up' and follow through on what you said you'd do. Buy some new tires, even if they aren't DR, and sell your old ones to ares. Show some integrity...
Old 04-10-2003, 06:00 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by POWERZ
Would it be possible to incorporate this into the TCS button? Any time I have the TCS off I would want this off as well. Then it would be automatically on each time you restart the car, preventing the MIL. Just a thought.

the easiest way to do this is to wire a relay to the VDC OFF light in the gauge cluster... when this turns on it will energize a relay and break the normally open circuit on the relay... stopping the ecu from seeing the brake being pressed.

when vdc is turned back on, the relay is un-energized and everything is back to normal.

i am going to look into actually putting this into practice... the bulb for the VDC is not replaceable, so probably will require some dismantling to get it done.

in the meantime, just put a switch on the wire going into pin 101 (its blue/orange) on the ecu. this is the culprit. i am sure you can do a search to find the harness drawing of the ECU to figure out where it is.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:10 AM
POWERZ

That's good info - thanks! You'll have to keep us posted on tying it in to the VDC OFF light.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:35 AM
12SecZ

Default POWERZ

Get your facts straight please

Ares already bought tires and doesn't need mine and is getting every dime back, full refund with his approval. They do not make an 18 inch DR bud. So I should just run on rims? I was told they did and had credit card in hand and called Todd at DTD based on this thread here

18 inch DR's for my car

I was just wanting for better weather and to get a base run before buying them. Want to be mad at someone be mad at the people who said DR's for 18's were out there. Calling me a liar about speaking with Todd to order too?

You wanted me to go to Walmart and buy 7 dollar floor mats after I found out my custom ordered ones didn't fit and that was selfish, we should all be on the same team. I wanted (and still will) sell the *package* trunk matt and floor mats but I won't run on no mats or 7 dollar "Walmart Mats" just so you can fix up *your* car. I wear Uniform work boots in my car and didn't want to ruin it, this was *all* explained to you.

You chopped me down to 25 bucks and *I* as the reciever paid the Pay Pal Fees. I informed you that I would mail you a personal check so you could avoid the Pay Pal fees but you ignored me.
And for a $30.00 transaction the fee *is not* 5 dollars so I am calling BS on that. I paid a fee on 30 bucks and it was like less than 2 bucks and I still sent you the entire 30 back!

Since you are being so publicly verbal you want me to post my email exchange with you that shows your true colors?

Be glad to.

I sold my stock rims and tires to Canada on here and took a major loss on shipping. I am selling my stock springs for less than 10 bucks each on here. I sold my FlowMaster on here for pennies. I practiclly gave away my K&N on here. I have helped many people here with parts I didn't need anymore, even gave some away for free (stock stuff.)

I have 70 positives on EBay since 1999.

If I were to listen to you you would have me rolling on rims with Walmart floormats.

You want me to "man up" our entire email exchange publicly?

Why are you speaking for Ares? He already has tires?

He paid by credit card I paid by my bank account. He could burn me and not the other way around.

Moderator, I consider this a personal attack on my reputation and credibilty in the wrong forum.

Thank you and to the thread readers sorry for the OT stuff but I had to defend myself.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:41 AM
12SecZ

I don't have VDC and that slot is where mypurge switch is.

my switches

I guess the pull the fuse thing is the easist option for the track.

Anyone verified it works, ie doesn't cut power when pulled?
Old 04-10-2003, 08:51 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by MaxHax
I don't have VDC and that slot is where mypurge switch is.

my switches

I guess the pull the fuse thing is the easist option for the track.

Anyone verified it works, ie doesn't cut power when pulled?
it doesnt cut power. and you could use the tcs switch (which is watered down vdc anyways)
Old 04-10-2003, 09:02 AM
POWERZ

Default MaxHax

Maybe you should stick to selling on eBay, where there are consequences when you back out of a sale. When you offer up something for sale and someone sends you the money it should be considered sold. I don't care if your custom floormats are wrong, or you wear heavy boots, or they don't make the drag radials you wanted. Figure that stuff out ahead of time - BEFORE you sell your originals.

I told you to buy cheap floor mats for your car until your custom ones were fixed. Is that selfish to expect someone to send product that you have paid for? I have floor mats and just wanted a second set so I let it slide. If you want to post my emails, feel free - I have nothing to hide.

PayPal is a service and you pay for using it. I understand that and was willing to pay the fees in exchange for the convenience. I simply stated the cost of our 'transaction.' If you aren't familiar with PayPal, there are fees for both accepting a credit card and withdrawing money.

My facts are straight. I'm calling you out because I can't believe you are backing out of yet another sale. I think it attacks the credibility of this site and its members when stuff like this happens and personally wanted to make others aware of how you do business.

Last edited by POWERZ; 04-10-2003 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:19 AM
12SecZ

Thumbs down Attention Moderator

2nd personal attack.

I didn't back out of the sale with ARES I considered buying a second set of salad shooters with 16 inch rims and putting some DR's on them but he had already bought tires and *he* wants a refund not me!

So you want *two* sets of floormats and want me to have zero and you are personally speaking for ARES now? Nice guy you are.

Just want to make sure we are on the same page. You shouldn't try and gip people out of money, should have just bought the whole set for 50 bucks and it would have been a done deal.

And please provide proof of this 5 dollar fee or it's slander towards me.

Look up the word slander.

With my account at Pay Pal (*Verified* Premium Account Holder with 25 transactions) it is free to recieve, it only cost money to sell. EBay fees are out of hand. However I can take my good deals to another forum due to the likes of selfish people like you.

So how are you out 5 bucks? Why didn't you want the check instead it would have taken the same amount of time (3 business days.) Cost to you zero, cost to me one stamp!

*Your* pay pal account says "unverifed" as does ARES and I will offer him the same option, write him a check right now since he bought tires before the deal. His money hasn't even posted to my account yet and he already bought new tires!

That is all I am going to clutter this thread up with on this matter I am trying to get info for the track.

Skidazzle, Todd says it does cut power and my personal experience says it does too.

Are you sure it doesn't on an A5T?
Old 04-10-2003, 09:23 AM
12SecZ

it is free to recieve, it only cost money to sell

I may have that backwards. When I recieve money it charges me to withdraw it. When I send money it's free.

So you sent me 30 bucks (to include shipping) cost to you should have been zero. Cost to me $2.00 roughly.

Then I send you a check, cost to you again zero.

You would not have been out anything and you already have floor mats!

Old 04-10-2003, 09:33 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Default Re: Attention Moderator

Originally posted by MaxHax

Skidazzle, Todd says it does cut power and my personal experience says it does too.

Are you sure it doesn't on an A5T?
this is what i am saying:
if you do the following, the ecu will not cut power while foot is on the brake:

turn vdc/tcs off
unplug fuse 20 (or use switch on ecu brake line)

thats it.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:47 AM
POWERZ

Apparently simple logic is lost on you. You want to continue to cloud the issue with useless bantering. The problem is that you aren't following through with your sales. I certainly am entitled to complain about that without fear of moderation or *gasp* 'slander.' Maybe I should have started a new thread in the For Sale forum...

For your benefit, here are some clarifications:
* I have no need for a frost trunk mat in a charcoal interior.
* I'm not interested in a personal check from someone who doesn't follow through with a sale.

Edit: I asked for you to 'man-up' and I'll do the same. I just checked and my PayPal fees were NOT 5 bucks - I was going from memory from a different transaction. It cost a whopping 1.17 for your credit card payment and 1.50 for a check. I cannot edit my original post to reflect this due to the time limitations. My mistake.

Last edited by POWERZ; 04-10-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:17 PM
12SecZ

"turn vdc/tcs off
unplug fuse 20 (or use switch on ecu brake line)

thats it."

Thanks Michael,

That's the info I needed. Can't WAIT till Wednesday to see my new ET with this free mod.

The pull the fuse mod

Quick Reply: In desperate need of technical help (wire to disconnect for burnouts in an Auto