Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

2007 touring might need new tranny.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Mansmind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foochdawg
Was there any warning signs before your clutch stuck to the floor?
Yep, although I can't definitely point to it as a sign. I noticed the clutch slipping on one occasion. It was cold outside, and although the car was certainly warm, it wasn't at what I would consider normal operating temperature. It slipped in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd... when pulling out of a parking lot into traffic. Important to note that the clutch did not stick on this occasion (at least that I noticed). I wrote that singular occasion off to being cold.. and I haven't felt it slip since.. but it's probably related in some way.

Incidentally.. I noticed it slipping in 1st, went to 2nd immediately.. slipped there.. went to 3rd immediately.. slipped there also. Probably wasn't doing over 40 mph at the time (max).
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Mansmind

Originally Posted by davidf
And the tranny saga continues. 4 years and still problems.

I may get proven wrong, but I really don't think this is related to the transmission itself at all.. just something in the hydraulics. That being said, I think they cheated a little on the clutch, it's not as "heavy" as it should be for this kind of power. Hence my desire to upgrade to a Nismo clutch (dependant on the specifics of that clutch).
Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Mansmind

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
John, Good luck to you man, and thanks for keeping us up to date on your situation.
I would also give them hell for oil changes and maybe some other perks like discount on nismo parts etc....

Let's us know what else happens

Cheers

And be careful

Kevin
Thanks Kevin, I remember your posts about getting ready to order one right after I ordered mine. When are you supposed to get it?

So far I'm playing nice with them. I told them (as well as Nissan) that I could deal with any information, but would start becoming upset quickly when I wasn't getting any (good or bad). So far, they've been doing well.. especially the dealership I'm working with.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Cyp

Wow!! I'm hanging on to my 03'.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Mansmind

Originally Posted by myZter
tell them to give u a new car instead of taking all those parts out
I'm like evolved.. dont' want a new car, just want the one I've got to get resolved. If nothing else, I don't want to have to go through another break-in period.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Mansmind

The guy I really feel for at this point is evolved. He's been dealing with this for a while now and hasn't had his car in 2 weeks. I'm not in that position.. I'm driving mine and really have few issues while driving it. For sure there is a problem, but it's not a constant problem.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Mansmind

Originally Posted by TR600HT
My car did the clutch sticking on the floor today. I was accelerating in first pretty hard on the freeway on-ramp. It's a 2007 Enthusiast with about 1300 miles. I'm going to wait and see what happens with you guys.
On one occasion I got it while down-shifting into 5th gear rather quickly(don't ask ). Other than that, it's nearly always been after the car has sat a while, or after not shifting (constant speed) for a while.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:33 PM
RaptorZ

Originally Posted by Mansmind
Yeah I've been listening to mine since the beginning. It MAY be normal, but certainly not normal in my experience with manual transmissions (clutches).
Yeah, I checked out my friends' non-Z cars, and they don't rattle!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 PM
AtlantaDave

Crap, guys, and I was all fired up about getting a Z in a few months for my retirement.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:10 AM
evolved326

Update:

There is no update! I've been calling them every other day and he (Nissan SOCAL rep) keeps stalling. Thing is, he said that my parts were due to come on the 20th. But the dealer said that the 20th is when the slave cylinder is coming and not the entire clutch assembly. I hope the rep is going to pull a fast one on me and only switch out the slave cylinder just to stall more time. This is so s****ed. My car has been sitting at the dealer for 2.5 weeks and this problem has been goin on for almost a month.

I really didnt want to but looks like at this point i MUST get a lemon lawyer.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Mansmind

Originally Posted by evolved326
Update:

There is no update! I've been calling them every other day and he (Nissan SOCAL rep) keeps stalling. Thing is, he said that my parts were due to come on the 20th. But the dealer said that the 20th is when the slave cylinder is coming and not the entire clutch assembly. I hope the rep is going to pull a fast one on me and only switch out the slave cylinder just to stall more time. This is so s****ed. My car has been sitting at the dealer for 2.5 weeks and this problem has been goin on for almost a month.

I really didnt want to but looks like at this point i MUST get a lemon lawyer.
Ask them to give your car back until the parts come in, I picked mine up early last week. Actually.. I haven't had any issue at all with it the last 4 days or so.

It gives them time to get whatever they need, and you don't have to be without the car.

Incidentally, apparently the 03-06 clutch does not work in the 07. Recall I was checking into the Nismo clutch since they are replacing it anyway. Word I'm getting is that there is no Nismo clutch for the 07.

Good luck man.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 AM
VeeTec

I can't even get air filters for my 07, as only one dealer, which is too far away, has them.

Nissan needs to get on the ball with parts for this car.

I still haven't dropped mine off, as the problem doesn't reproduce itself as often now, but I will in the next few weeks. The clutch still gets soft really quick, under power.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Ive had this problem twice!! Once while accelerating hard in 1st gear, the other time accerlerating hard in second. Only seems to happen with really hard driving for me. Sucks because I'll be drag racing with my car.

Think this will be a recall? I want to get this fixed but this cant be duplicated at the dealership w/o hard driving.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Mansmind

Suggestion for everyone having this issue. Call 1-800-Nissan1 and get it on record. In this region (SE) I'm the only person to have reported it. The more noise we make, the quicker a solution will be arrived at.

Incidentally, I don't believe I've ever had the issue under power, only while sitting over night and/or cruising in the same gear for a while...at which time it shows up the next time I hit the clutch.

I'm glad I took mine in when I did, because it has happened in a while.

It ALMOST acts as if there was some trash in the seal for a while or something, but we'll see.

Thanks,

John
Old 04-18-2007, 09:54 AM
evolved326

Suggestion for everyone having this issue. Call 1-800-Nissan1 and get it on record. In this region (SE) I'm the only person to have reported it. The more noise we make, the quicker a solution will be arrived at.

Incidentally, I don't believe I've ever had the issue under power, only while sitting over night and/or cruising in the same gear for a while...at which time it shows up the next time I hit the clutch.

I'm glad I took mine in when I did, because it has happened in a while.

It ALMOST acts as if there was some trash in the seal for a while or something, but we'll see.

Thanks,

John

+1

John, mine is sitting in the dealership because after the rep said it needed a new clutch assembly, they told me they'd have it don ein two days . When they told me that they could not locate the part, my tranny was alreay out. At least its IN the service station and not parked outside.

I was also reading up on the lemon law and it states that if a car has been in the shop for more than 30 days, you can pursur eth elemon law. So if push comes to shove, my case will be a little bit more concrete. I am so pissed you cannot believe it.

PLEASE! everyone call 1800nissan1. Press 7 then 1. Tell them your story, if you have this issue. Nissan needs to handle their *** up.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:57 AM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by AtlantaDave
Crap, guys, and I was all fired up about getting a Z in a few months for my retirement.

Nah, don't let this discourage you. I have an 07 and it runs and performs perfectly.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:59 AM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by VeeTec
I can't even get air filters for my 07, as only one dealer, which is too far away, has them.

Nissan needs to get on the ball with parts for this car.

I still haven't dropped mine off, as the problem doesn't reproduce itself as often now, but I will in the next few weeks. The clutch still gets soft really quick, under power.

You need airfilters already? Jeesh what are you riding around in a dust storm? Isn't the maintenance interval like 30K or something?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 AM
VeeTec

Originally Posted by SargentZ
You need airfilters already? Jeesh what are you riding around in a dust storm? Isn't the maintenance interval like 30K or something?

I live in North Georgia. We have this thing called pollen, and it hit a count of 5,861 per cubic meter at one point. Add construction everywhere you go, with dirt and dust blowing around, yeah, I replace mine at 4-5K miles.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Mansmind

Originally Posted by VeeTec
I live in North Georgia. We have this thing called pollen, and it hit a count of 5,861 per cubic meter at one point. Add construction everywhere you go, with dirt and dust blowing around, yeah, I replace mine at 4-5K miles.
I hear you!!!! Gainesville here, thank goodness it's slowed down a little anyway. I'm about ready to swap mine out also.. 4500 miles.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 AM
6894kevin

Thanks Kevin, I remember your posts about getting ready to order one right after I ordered mine. When are you supposed to get it?

So far I'm playing nice with them. I told them (as well as Nissan) that I could deal with any information, but would start becoming upset quickly when I wasn't getting any (good or bad). So far, they've been doing well.. especially the dealership I'm working with.

May 8th she will arrive hopefully!

Is it possiable for them just to swap out your car with another one.
I don't think i could be as nice as you, I mean come on you buy a brand new car then it has issues and they take it and park it for 2 and a half weeks. and tell you parts ar on the way but that doesn't change the fact you have a car you can't drive. I would demand a new one if it were me.
Best of luck to ya mate!

Cheers

Kevin

Quick Reply: 2007 touring might need new tranny.