Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clicking clutch. Any help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:45 AM
MadMax76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking clutch. Any help?

My clutch suddenly started to make a clicking noise every time I am changes gears but only on the move. As I let the clutch out right at the top it makes a loud click. I fought with the dealer to figure out what it is but they are giving me the runaround and really being aholes, which I actually kinda expected judging by how other people from this board get treated. Basically they told me it happens on all cars, which is total BS. Does anyone else have this problem? Any idea what it might be?

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Ztalker

i've never had any problem dealing with warranty issues here, just take it another dealer if i was you.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Bevo

It happens to me sometimes but I'm not too concerned
Old 04-02-2007, 12:47 PM
MadMax76

Happens to me on every gear shift. It's really annoying and the fact that it's happening only when I am moving is a bit concerning. At least I know it doesn't happen to most cars so I can keep on complaining... or perhaps take it to another dealer.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 PM
deprived...Not

Mine does not make a clicking sound as I let it out. It does occasionally make a pop noise when I push it all the way it. (We're talking cars here right?) I believe that I have a 5 year warranty on the clutch, is that true? If so, I've got 5years to try to find out if this noise is bad.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:08 PM
ByThaBay

mine clicks too. The dealer replaced the clutch pedal assembly and it resolved the problem. now, 20k later, the same problem is back.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:20 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deprived...Not
Mine does not make a clicking sound as I let it out. It does occasionally make a pop noise when I push it all the way it. (We're talking cars here right?) I believe that I have a 5 year warranty on the clutch, is that true? If so, I've got 5years to try to find out if this noise is bad.
Mine does this too, but seems to go away after it is fully warmed up.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:23 PM
GolfinZ

Mine clicks all the time when I let it out at the top...moving or not moving. O well, I dont think anything is wrong
Old 04-03-2007, 04:56 AM
deprived...Not

Originally Posted by gothchick
Mine does this too, but seems to go away after it is fully warmed up.
Mine also makes a kind of ripping sound when letting the clutch out at high rpms. It's kind of like an engine sound amplified through the clutch. Sounds kind of neat. I hope that's normal.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:40 AM
IGotA350Z

Some of you said the dealer replaced the whole assembly, what other fixes have you other guys received?...i have the same problem btw and will be bringing it in Tuesday to check it out.

Is this isolated to a certain year model or is it spread out?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
tmounk

Mine clicks after I let off after every gear, only after I shortened the clutch. The clutch went back almost to original height, but the sound didn't.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 PM
MadMax76

Originally Posted by IGotA350Z
Some of you said the dealer replaced the whole assembly, what other fixes have you other guys received?...i have the same problem btw and will be bringing it in Tuesday to check it out.

Is this isolated to a certain year model or is it spread out?

Yea, this would be good to know. I think I am going to take mine to another dealer. Mine is '05 Z.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:05 AM
IGotA350Z

Took my car to the dealer and they want me to schedule another appointment so they can start pulling apart panels. I'm kinda skeptical about that, cuz i'll prolly have all kinds of rattling after they'd do that.

A friend of mine says that there is a possibility that there may be a bubble in the hydraulic line making that noise. Can anyone verify this to be a possibility?

My friend also says they'd just have to flush some fluid from the master cylinder to the slave and through this line....or something like that. He claims it's a quick fix.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:16 PM
spacemn_spiff

I think I have the same issue. Mine is a 05. I have been down in that area to isolate where the noise is coming from, but I am stumped, I thought it was the spring not seated correctly and I lubed the spring to allow it move a little, but didnt help.

I am going to take one more look down there and then take it to the dealer. And the thing is its hard to repeat that sound with your hand depressing the clutch pedal, it happens only when I use my foot. I through it was the clutch pedal foot pad, I doubt that is that where the noise is coming from because it comes at only certain positions of the pedal.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Hybrid90

There's a thread on this and also a fix included. If I remember correctly, it's a washer on the clutch assembly that needs to be lubed.. happens mainly on the 05's I believe.. just search for it.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Q8e_350z

Mine does it too. but with out driving when I just push on the clutch it's sounds like screatches... I'm gonna take it to the dealrs this thurs. and let them check on it...
Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 PM
MadMax76

Well... after two month of fighting with Campbell Nelson Nissan (who will still hear from me) I took my car to Performance Nissan in Everett. They confirmed it and fixed it right away. Nice and quick service, no questions asked. What's weird is that the same tech that I showed my Z to on Campbell Nelson was there at Performance Nissan and he was the one to confirm it both times. I really have no idea why one dealer won't do it and the other will without questions. I know one thing... I am glad I kept a servey that the first dealer wanted me to fill out several month ago. Now I am going to fill it out with all of the "good" stuff and see how they react .