Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

the best clutch for stock Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:55 PM
nightcrawler_8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best clutch for stock Z

what would be the best cluth for stock Z..

i dont have any plans of modifiying it.. i was talking to a friend of mine about me changing the clutch and he told me if i get heavy duty clutch it will be harder and it will be differnet since ur car is not modified.

since mine is too hard and the dealers told me that i have to change it and they charged me around 1700$ for OEM clutch .. so i decide to buy aftermark one which have lighter flywheel and better disk..

what do u think is the better clutch set for stock car.. and should be smooth one . cause we have tooo much traffic in Dubai and u may be stuck in 1 or 2 hours traffic .. so the smoother the clutch the better.

i would really appreciate your advice guys

thanks alot
Old 04-27-2007, 01:00 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

So what was the reason for your clutch pedal being so stiff? If you do not have plans in the near future for modify your car but might want to consider something with more capacity than stock without sacrificing drivability, then I would suggest the JWT combo. Nismo would be a good choice also but IMO since you are going to spend the money you might as well get something that can hold more power later down the road. The JWT is very easy to drive so you'll have no problems.

Edit: If you want something that's not from the US (JWT ACT) you might want to look into Exedy. They have a stage 1 organic with lightened flywheel that's not too bad

Last edited by JDMFairladyZ33; 04-27-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:09 PM
nightcrawler_8

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
So what was the reason for your clutch pedal being so stiff? If you do not have plans in the near future for modify your car but might want to consider something with more capacity than stock without sacrificing drivability, then I would suggest the JWT combo. Nismo would be a good choice also but IMO since you are going to spend the money you might as well get something that can hold more power later down the road. The JWT is very easy to drive so you'll have no problems.
man u always online .. haha .. always the first to reply me ..

well they dont know.. they say they will have to change the disk 1st and if the problem is still there they will chnag ethe whole thing with the flywheel.. sop i told them **** off .. dont touch it.. i dont wanna keep the OEM. and i will get a better one with less price than u guys trying to fool me with ..
Old 04-27-2007, 05:19 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ACT... HD-clutch/streetlight-fly... period.

Zquicksilver
Old 04-28-2007, 12:14 AM
nightcrawler_8

Bump
Old 04-28-2007, 12:25 AM
doskiez

I absolutly love my combo and once i got used to it i could drive it as smootly as the stock one
Old 04-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Lo$t

i'm still on the stock clutch and my car is 350rwhp on dynodynamics. seems to be fine
Old 04-28-2007, 04:15 AM
coreapoc

Stock clutch is good to around 450-500hp max. If youre worried about a clutch being hard I wouldnt dive too far into aftermarket. A heavy duty aftermarket clutch will break your leg for the first week trying to shift

PERSONALLY Id get this

Spec Stage 3+ Clutch for 2003+ Nissan 350Z
Part # Spec SN353F

STAGE 3+ - For heavily modified street and race engines making more torque than the stage 3 can support. Offers good daily drivability and better manageability than the stage 3, with even better wear characteristics.

High clamp pressure plate, full-faced carbon metallic friction, high torque sprung hub and disc assembly, bearing and tool kit.
Torque Rating: 660 ft/lbs.

Even if you say you arent planning on modding now, trust me your day will come and you might as well start off with something with a higher than average torque rating. THeres nothing worse than getting an engine built only to destroy the clutch on the first launch.