Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Engine oil consumption=New engine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 AM
breakyoselfvq35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine oil consumption=New engine?

So I took my 06' black track to my dealer (which by the way i am very happy with), and they wanted to see if my oil was consumed (over a period of 1000miles) so they could take appropriate messures. Unfortunatly, it is. But the main problem is, while I was going to my car, I asked they guy (not the technician) what was going to happen. He said that they are going to have to call nissan and to see if they need to place an order for a new engine.

My main concern is if this is an accual probable outcome. Can the fact that my engine is consuming oil lead to a complete engine transplant? Will my warrenty (extened warrenty, the one that you have to pay for) cover the engine or the labor? How long will it take? Any members here have it done to their Z? Did your Z work as it did in the past if not better? Will i have to get my aftermarket parts off the car before i send it in, if I do?

As you can see, im very concerned. I dont expect an answer from everyone, but it would be nice to get a few accurate responses.

Here is a pic of my baby.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:37 AM
furiousZ

I never remember anyone getting a new engine over it in this location. When I've been at the garage and heard of some oil consumption issues, a lot of the responses given were "bring the Z in and we'll run over everything to see what we need to fix and get you out in no time." Never have I heard of replacing the WHOLE engine.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:38 AM
creationv2

if you read the oil consumption thread your questions will be answered.....

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/232332-revup-oil-consumption-tsb-and-discussion.html

dont be lazy....
Old 05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
creationv2

Let me answer something as im bored with my assignment....

Can the fact that my engine is consuming oil lead to a complete engine transplant?

currently it is a possibility and is what nissan says theyre going to do. they used to change just the long block...

Will my warrenty (extened warrenty, the one that you have to pay for) cover the engine or the labor?

yes

How long will it take?

a long time...dont expect short and sweet or the word short eat all...

Any members here have it done to their Z?

a few have gotten the long block replaced...maybe one full enginge replacement...

but as of now a few of us have eben told we will be getting new engines... as again thats nissans plan...supposedly...

Did your Z work as it did in the past if not better?

replaced longblocks usually had the the problem still....idk about replacement enginss...

Will i have to get my aftermarket parts off the car before i send it in, if I do?

yes

still read that massive thread....its the history of our forum in a nutshell kind of...

and to add some have been bad enough as to have the lemon law processed and so far theyve won (they as in us the consumer)...
Old 05-12-2007, 11:50 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Will my warrenty (extened warrenty, the one that you have to pay for) cover the engine or the labor? "

Why would yoiu want it covered by the Extended Warranty?

Your original factory warranty (the one you don't have to pay for) is 5 years and 60K miles.

Are you planning to wait more than 5years/60K miles to get it taken care of?

bill
Old 05-12-2007, 12:58 PM
breakyoselfvq35

Thanks CreationV2, ill tell you guys what happens when i get that call from nissan!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:38 AM
BabyZiLLa

Im in the same boat right now. Oil consumtion and the dealer has verified.

HOWEVER. Nissan WAS replacing people's long blocks. This hasnt been fixing the problem all the time though. Since there losing money according to my dealer nissan has put a hold on replacing engines until they have a 100% fix.

This however wont fly with me. I wont be sitting for months waiting.. They can give me a new engine every month for all i care but they WILL do something.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 AM
BabyZiLLa

WOH. Checked my oil this morning. 496 km since my dealer checkup and oil was topped up. Im down 2L.