Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Recieved my UR Under Drive Ultra SS Pully Set

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003 | 02:17 PM
VandyZ

Originally posted by MaxHax
*I'm* not talking about any damper they are

http://home.attbi.com/~wegetourmail/...ID-698983.html

stock photo no rubber anywhere! I'm not stupid I did ASP pulley's on both my LS1's that were Harmonic Balancers.

He lost me when he said there was no water pump pulley when clearly there is. It bolts right where the old pulley was.

shown here.

http://home.attbi.com/~wegetourmail/...ID-698382.html

And I also posted no vibrations and no one here has one on that can dispute that and mine has been on over a week.

**Start rant**
OK dude, you clearly don’t know what you are talking about. Don’t try to make me look like a fool, when you need to learn something about your car.
**End Rant**

We have no water pump pulley. The water pump is internal and is driven by the cam chain. As from my pictures you can see there are power steering, crank, alternator and air conditioner pulleys. All the rest are idler pulleys.

It should be said that instead of looking at the engine temperature you should be watching the voltage and amperage of the electrical system. Your most likely going to find problems there, if any. The alternator is very sensitive and if it not spinning to spec it will burn up with an applied load.

The dampening will probably be ok, but I would use caution when firing the nitrous. That is when you will be introducing the most vibrations into the pulley system.

All I am saying is be careful. Good luck and have fun!
Old 05-17-2003 | 03:53 PM
joust75

That stock picture of the pulley is the one I am talking about.
I see no damper on that. I was thinking a rubber piece between the mounting point and the grooves that move the pulley.

Could you use a paint program and point out what you are talking about?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2003 | 10:35 AM
12SecZ

I see no damper on that.
Because there isn't one so now he is acting defensive and rude.
Why doesn't someone email UR this thread and let them clarify to take out the guess work? I posted my review he posted his. Their website says charging is not an issue. You libeling them? I used to like reading your posts until you made it a personal "rant."

Water pump/ AC whatever it's stock size anyway. It's a pulley and UR is referring to it as a water pump pulley you are talking symantecs now. It's stock size just lighter. No ill effects!

Now we change the subject to charging issues when that one is the same size too and I didn't use it and stated such. Confirm these charging issues or that to will be proven wrong!

Geez if you don't like the product don't use it but have you ever heard the saying don't knock it till you have tried it?

Last edited by 12SecZ; 05-18-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2003 | 10:51 AM
12SecZ

Default Here is a pic of a burn out on motor with pulley's

A5T Touring model motor only.

If you have an A5T Touring in the area with stock motor no pullies and same weight then stop by Sac Raceway and let's see your burn out. Till then it's just text on my screen. I have 30 pics
Attached Thumbnails Recieved my UR Under Drive Ultra SS Pully Set-burnout1.jpg  
Old 05-18-2003 | 10:51 AM
12SecZ

Default burn outs

Attached Thumbnails Recieved my UR Under Drive Ultra SS Pully Set-burnout2.jpg  
Old 05-18-2003 | 10:52 AM
12SecZ

Default burn out 3

the quality is lost in size reduction for this forum I have the roiginals in HQ
Attached Thumbnails Recieved my UR Under Drive Ultra SS Pully Set-burnout3.jpg  
Old 05-18-2003 | 10:53 AM
12SecZ

Default burn out 4

I think I'm on the right lane
Attached Thumbnails Recieved my UR Under Drive Ultra SS Pully Set-burnout4.jpg  
Old 05-18-2003 | 11:55 AM
whosdady

Default WOW

Those are some pretty impressive burnouts. I haven't seen one like that from a 6MT... Post away.

Last edited by whosdady; 05-18-2003 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-18-2003 | 12:20 PM
12SecZ

street tires too,

I'm not boasting I am just defending a product I chose and started a thread on but thanks!!!
Old 05-18-2003 | 01:52 PM
VandyZ

There is a difference between being rude and being informative.

By the way, I don’t know anything about your pulleys. I have not looked anything up or seen any info on them other than yours. Your post actually got me interested. If you are worried, you email them. I am just pointing out general engine knowledge. I have no doubt the creators of the pulleys know more than me when it comes to cars, but being an engineer I understand and know a little.

One more point on your last rebuttal to my statement. If you change the size of just one pulley, out of a multi pulley system, you effectively change the speed at which the system works. Part of the HP gains come from this factor. You said yourself that you were worried that the system would not cool properly because of the new pulleys, no worries there as that has been covered. Why would the alternator not warrant the same concerns? That’s all I offered, concerns. I never said anything would fail and I certainly hope nothing does.

I think you are getting the wrong picture of my stance. I am not "hating" on you or your modifications. I have no reserves about saying your Z is faster than mine, and is probably one of the fastest in America.

Last edited by VandyZ; 05-18-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2003 | 01:58 PM
VandyZ

I will run out to the Z shop tomorrow on my lunch hour and and take pictures of the dampener on the car. The 350Z at the shop has the radiator out allowing a perfect view of it on the car.
Old 05-18-2003 | 03:34 PM
cbsuper

Nice burnouts. I had done a couple of burnouts perfectly, then all of sudden bye-bye clutch.
Old 05-18-2003 | 06:52 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

One thing that's been overlooked......assuming the ECM negates mods(which i don't believe it does), this mod should not be affected by that since it has nothing to do with increasing airflow.
Old 05-18-2003 | 11:51 PM
joust75

Wink

I hearrrd that brother! Thats why it is my next mod!
Old 05-19-2003 | 10:37 AM
Alev

joust75, or anyone else for that matter:

A group buy's being setup for the pulley set if you're interested. I'm definitely considering it, but the eternal question arises: to spend money or not to spend money...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=29713
Old 05-19-2003 | 11:15 AM
12SecZ

Thanks VandyZ,

As soon as I hit send I knew that would be your next question,

changing the crank reduces size overall.

So to address that let me say that charging has not been a problem.

If you notice your pod the oil and voltage fluctuates more than other cars.

AnywayZ,

on a road doing 10mph or better with the A/C on and my 1800w stereo I am at a constant 14 volts (if the pod is accurate.

I don't think others will run that many watts.

So that is why I wasn't concerned.

So I should have just bought the crank!

It's all good, thanks for the info!
Old 05-19-2003 | 11:39 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

If the new crank pulley is smaller than the stock one, then the alternator should actually be turning faster now. Since the electronics will rectify the signal and chop off whatever excess voltage there is, this should not be a problem at all.
Old 05-19-2003 | 12:16 PM
VandyZ

If you notice your pod the oil and voltage fluctuates more than other cars.
Isn't it great like that. My 1987 Maxima did the same thing. The oil pressure gauge was very active. It is a great feature to have gauges that actually tell you stuff. On my mustang the only gauges that moved was the tach, spedo, and of course fuel!

I know UR would not put out bad stuff but with a new car you never can be too careful. I am sure it took some getting used to all the "what if's" with the Nitrous.

Keep us posted on your strip times. For some comparison I have dragged twice the best being my very first run of 9.2 in the 1/8th mile. I have an 11 (TCS on) and a hand full of 9.3's. Launching the car is difficult for me. I know I can pull 9.0's and maybe 8.90's on a better track.
Old 05-19-2003 | 12:28 PM
12SecZ

will do,

next race date is next friday, ny schedule has changed.

I need an A/F manager any ideas?

Take Care!
Old 05-19-2003 | 01:14 PM
VandyZ

I need an A/F manager any ideas?
Still waiting to see what works with our CAN (Controller Area Network) system on the ECU. Who knows?

Quick Reply: Recieved my UR Under Drive Ultra SS Pully Set