Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Dude selling engine scared my grandma...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Twon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dude selling engine scared my grandma...

well first off, i finally got an engine for my car (it's on the way).

But the guy from the company that sold it to us was telling my gram that the motor will blow if i run 8 psi! he said its only safe if i run 3 - 4 psi. now she freaked out and wont let me put the turbo back on unless i build the bottom end. i see people on the forum running 380whp @ 8psi all the time, whats this dudes deal trying to sh*t on my parade?

so i told her ok, im applying for 2 credit cards today, im building the bottom end and not waiting whether anyone else likes it or not. debt ftw!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
KManZ
Banned

You are the first person I have ever seen that has a grandma that is up on engines.. thats fkcing cool.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 AM
dTor

Damn, granny knows her stuff, huh?

Instead of going into debt over this, why don't you direct her here and let her see how many cars are running well over 4 psi on the stock bottom end?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well you already blew one motor.....so shouldn't that tell you something? Stock bottom end, built bottom end, 3 psi, 8 psi...guess what? It all is virtually meaningless when it comes down to brass tacks.

Seems to me you are looking for guarantees and assurances at every step (as per our ongoing conversations), yet such guarantees don't exist...ever. Not even a "built" bottom end is really a guarantee when it comes down to it. Look how many people here are on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th BUILT motor.

Can it help you? Absolutely. But the best built motor in the world is no subsitute for a proper install and a safe tune

Going into debt to build a bottom end, or any other part of a car is a whole other scenario.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:46 AM
SupermanZ

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Well you already blew one motor.....so shouldn't that tell you something? Stock bottom end, built bottom end, 3 psi, 8 psi...guess what? It all is virtually meaningless when it comes down to brass tacks.

Seems to me you are looking for guarantees and assurances at every step (as per our ongoing conversations), yet such guarantees don't exist...ever. Not even a "built" bottom end is really a guarantee when it comes down to it. Look how many people here are on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th BUILT motor.

Can it help you? Absolutely. But the best built motor in the world is no subsitute for a proper install and a safe tune

Going into debt to build a bottom end, or any other part of a car is a whole other scenario.
+1
Old 08-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Twon

its not that my gram has the know-how about anything...its just that she was talking to him about it because shes buying the motor and doesnt want me to blow another one.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

good lord.....
Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 AM
led

pics of granny
Old 08-23-2007, 11:33 AM
jdifolco

why is your grandma buying your motor? If that was me Id be grateful someone was doing that for me and leave it stock. Sounds odd to me
Old 08-23-2007, 11:43 AM
DustinZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1^^^ Why is your grandma buying your new motor? Why aren't you buying the new motor? Get a job man.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

Why not sell the tn and pay gram back?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Twon

why dont you just leave it at that im lucky we have money? and i have a job, thanks. im appriciative that shes buying it for me, thats why it isnt going anywhere until my bottom end is built. she likes to stay away from my car business though, she doesnt support me driving fast rofl. and for the weirdo who wanted pics...why even ask lol
Old 08-23-2007, 11:58 AM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by led
pics of granny
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Old 08-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

theres no 'you' in the 'we have money' category. If there was, youd be buying your motor, not grandma. You would be paying for the built bottom end in cash, not getting two cc to do it.

You = spoiled. Which is ok, but know your limits. Be thankful that grandma is bailing you out this time, but probably wont next time (unless shes dumb enough to do it twice, no offense).
Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Richy350Z

Old 08-23-2007, 12:08 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

First thing, dont listen to anyone on the boards. No one has walked in your shoes, or your grandmothers. Second is to tread lightly when asking questions on here....most of us are so bored at work we are looking for raw entertainment. It seems that you have answered your own questions. 8 psi works for some not all. 3psi isnt worth boosting. Buy a electronic supercharger for 3psi. LOL.

Last- You already know what you need to do. Build the block. You had your question answered before you posted.

My two cents which should be taken with a grain of salt like the rest of this board.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Twon

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
theres no 'you' in the 'we have money' category. If there was, youd be buying your motor, not grandma. You would be paying for the built bottom end in cash, not getting two cc to do it.

You = spoiled. Which is ok, but know your limits. Be thankful that grandma is bailing you out this time, but probably wont next time (unless shes dumb enough to do it twice, no offense).
oh sorry "my family"
Old 08-23-2007, 12:55 PM
jdifolco

Well I don't care who buys your motor but you could have asked your question with out saying anything about your family and how much money they have ect.. see my point.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Twon

Originally Posted by jdifolco
Well I don't care who buys your motor but you could have asked your question with out saying anything about your family and how much money they have ect.. see my point.
the only reason it was even mentioned was because of people (like yourself) trying to call me out on not buying it myself, so i said leave it at im lucky because...

and that was to be it.

the whole ****ing point of this thread was to have to do with what the guy told my gram about only being able to run 3-4 psi safely without building the bottom end.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you dumb. step away from the credit card applications (you aren't even approved yet?)...

seriously man, cerdit card debt FOR A CAR especially, is retarded... first, you will NEVER get the value back, so you are already in the hole the minute you buy a part for it (in terms of your credit) second you are talking about a motor... something you will probably blow again, so again... you are betting on a bad idea. what happens when you blow this built engine? do you have the money to do it again... credit isn't endless and a 3k bill alone will be what? 100 a month or more? and you still have to pay it back.

why did your first engine blow? that should be the real discussion. if you get it tuned properly and drive correctly 8 psi should be ok

Last edited by Motormouth; 08-23-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Dude selling engine scared my grandma...