Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch replacement help....

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 AM
jmr0311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch replacement help....

I need some assistant from you guys. I just replace the clutch on my Z with a combination of "ACT Prolite Flywheel" and "Competition Clutch". Everythhing was fine for a few hours after finishing the instal and test driving the car. But shortly after I started having problem shifting into gears and it came to find out that the "Slave Cylinder" had broken a seal and it was leaking oil. I just want to know if this incident is not something that I should worry about. I'm getting a new slave cylinder but I'm just worry that the high performance clutch maybe the culprit. Or do you guys think I'm missing something during the installation.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:37 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by jmr0311
I need some assistant from you guys. I just replace the clutch on my Z with a combination of "ACT Prolite Flywheel" and "Competition Clutch". Everythhing was fine for a few hours after finishing the instal and test driving the car. But shortly after I started having problem shifting into gears and it came to find out that the "Slave Cylinder" had broken a seal and it was leaking oil. I just want to know if this incident is not something that I should worry about. I'm getting a new slave cylinder but I'm just worry that the high performance clutch maybe the culprit. Or do you guys think I'm missing something during the installation.
you got it right,replace the slave.btw takes a while to bleed that sucker!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
jmr0311

I need some help guys, please. I got a new slave cylinder that my mechanic replaced it and the car ran find for several hours and the morning after the installation, here I am with problems shifting gears again. Things to notice, the clutch pedal is almost to the floor, about 3 or 4 inches from the floor. I have to push the clutch pedal, real hard, to get to shift gears between 1 - 4 gear. Getting 5th, 6th and reverse it's immpossible. I hate to think that the slave cylinder went out again. Does anyone in this forum replaced their oem clutch with this "Competition Clutch" that THMOTORSPORTS sells and what is your experience.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:34 PM
go-fast
Banned

I need some help guys, please. I got a new slave cylinder that my mechanic replaced it and the car ran find for several hours and the morning after the installation, here I am with problems shifting gears again. Things to notice, the clutch pedal is almost to the floor, about 3 or 4 inches from the floor. I have to push the clutch pedal, real hard, to get to shift gears between 1 - 4 gear. Getting 5th, 6th and reverse it's immpossible. I hate to think that the slave cylinder went out again. Does anyone in this forum replaced their oem clutch with this "Competition Clutch" that THMOTORSPORTS sells and what is your experience.
either all the air was not removed or the master was damaged from the slave failure.if the master bottoms out the internal piston cup can be torn.i would consider too heavy of a clutch last,not likely
Old 10-19-2007, 09:39 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

while changing the clutch, you didn't happen to put the clutch pedal down and it stayed down and never came back up until you bled it did you?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:51 PM
jmr0311

I'm going to talk to my mechanic tomorrow about this issue. What do you guys think, should be the right approach to diagnose this problem. I don't know what kind of procedure my mechanic used during the installation.

Last edited by jmr0311; 10-19-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:00 PM
go-fast
Banned

I'm going to talk to my mechanic tomorrow about this issue. What do you guys think, should be the right approach to diagnose this problem. I don't know what kind of procedure my mechanic used during the installation.
have him re-bleed the system,if it doesnt work assume the master did not survive the carnage.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:02 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh ok,i thought you did this yourself. I'd bring it back to him to tell him what's going on. Then go from there.