Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Loosing Tracktion When Wet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 05:53 PM
z33marv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosing Tracktion When Wet!!!

ok first off i have an 06 base model z i love the damn thing but it seems that every time it rains and i drive the z i loose tracktion, and a dont mean when i take a hard turn. example: im driving down a STRAIGHT STREET and i whant to accelerate for whatever reason(passing a toyota prius or some slow car)the rear of the car starts to loose traction or fishtale some times even if i dont down shift ...i gess to make a long story short my question is how can i solve this? if i buy an LSD like the cusco will this help ...does any ones z does this?
p.s its not my tires... it did it when i had new tires and it does it now that i have some 285 sizes rears thanks in advance
Old 11-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you sir are the problem. take it easier when driving in the rain. wonder why there are so many accidents when it does rain? its because people like you drive the same when its dry or wet on the roads.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:02 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i usually just wipe it with a towel and its all good again
Old 11-25-2007, 06:03 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

oh...ur talking about tires...i have a base and when i had stockers on i had no problems with traction and it rains in new orleans alot..maybe drive slower
Old 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM
z33marv

i dint say it happens when i drive fast i think all of us have had the need to pass some one at one point or another .. in fact im a very good driver and in all the years ive been driving (11) i have NEVER not once been in an accident so no Nexx im not the problem i just thought that because i have a base model with no LSD that could be the problem thanks for the help anyway
Old 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Olivia
Z-GiRL

i have a base and i drive fine in the rain? i'm just more careful.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:30 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z33marv
i dint say it happens when i drive fast i think all of us have had the need to pass some one at one point or another .. in fact im a very good driver and in all the years ive been driving (11) i have NEVER not once been in an accident so no Nexx im not the problem i just thought that because i have a base model with no LSD that could be the problem thanks for the help anyway
it's not because you don't have a lsd. You act like every car gets no traction in the rain while accelerating unless they have lsd. Hp/tq has nothing to do with it because you said you are not accelerating fast so it's just about the same as other rwd cars without lsd. I would check your tires again. Maybe you have directional tires and they are put on wrong or you rotated your wheels with out knowing about it.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:30 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

No LSD is probably a big part of the problem. You've got the same power as everybody else but have to put it down through half the contact patch area.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:55 PM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
it's not because you don't have a lsd. You act like every car gets no traction in the rain while accelerating unless they have lsd. Hp/tq has nothing to do with it because you said you are not accelerating fast so it's just about the same as other rwd cars without lsd. I would check your tires again. Maybe you have directional tires and they are put on wrong or you rotated your wheels with out knowing about it.
+1. I'd check the tires again. Tread depth, tire pressure, direction, etc. My 06 base drives fine in the rain, even when accelerating to pass someone. Never broke loose on me.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Nexx

look guy, did i ever say you drove fast? i simply stated that people like you run into problem driving the SAME way in dry and wet weather. i never said you were speeding. re-read my post. we have rwd, high torque, sports cars, which makes it even worse. when it rains, passing people is very low on my priority, in fact, i double the distance between me and the car in front.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 PM
13SECZ

You DRIVE your Z in the RAIN ?....

Shame just shame on you...
Old 11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
z33marv

well guy u did say that im the problem and the reason why there are so many accidents is that people like me drive the same when wet or dry but really am not the problem the reason i posted this question is because i think its actually dangerous that this happens and i want to keep from getting in an accident so relax buddy......... for everyone else thanks for the advice
Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A base Z is not an evo. Drive slower and be easy and smooth with your pedal inputs.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
SuperBlack350z

not just that but did you really think that Nissan made the base z so unsafe where it just happens to break traction while just speeding up to pass someone?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
cheshirecat79

Lack of a LSD has nothing to do with someone losing traction in the rain constantly and blaming it on the car.

The car has power. When it rains the road is more slippery. Ease off the accelerator. This is a driver issue.

Anyone who has to rely on a electronic stability system to keep them from going out of control on the road (save for maybe snow and/or ice) is a poor driver.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:36 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Replace the driver.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
Replace the driver.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Nexx

well guy u did say that im the problem and the reason why there are so many accidents is that people like me drive the same when wet or dry but really am not the problem the reason i posted this question is because i think its actually dangerous that this happens and i want to keep from getting in an accident so relax buddy......... for everyone else thanks for the advice
im completely relaxed, its you who came off like punk, maybe you should relax buddy.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
z33marv

ok ok i gess i will have to take it easy on the gas pedal i still think the LSD has someting to do whith it i mean it is meant to work when one tire looses tracktion it sends power to the other one and back right ... i dont know how LSDs work so im kind of just gessing here so please dont burn me at the stake if im wrong so in fact please educate me on the subject
Old 11-25-2007, 07:48 PM
z33marv

oh and if u have nothing helpfull to add please move on to the NEXXt thread

Quick Reply: Loosing Tracktion When Wet!!!