Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Responce to the "Chips hmm" thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:44 PM
punish_her

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Responce to the "Chips hmm" thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/331259-chips-hmm.html

I just hate it when people jump on the crazy train and start bashing because the guy before him did the same. It only takes a minute of researching to not look like a jack@ss.

In responce to your thread, you have to look at it as a WHOLE Z community not just the 350's. I have often had people come up to me and say some thing similar, my first question is, "what year was it?" Much too often you will hear '89 or '92. They did have EPROMS that could be replaced. Thats ok you just have to know what they are talking about. Just because some one had a Z and refers to them as one doesnt meen they have a 350Z.

The 300ZX's ECU was sooo much simpiler than ours. There are several manufactures that have "chips" for the Z's. To even say a 350Z doesnt have a is wrong. UNICHIP is NOT a piggyback computer, it only uses piggy back technology, which means it plugs inline oposed to replacing an EPROM in your ECM the old way.

Do these products sound what he was talking about?

The CHIPs http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A2776A0A0.aspx
What car is that in the back ground of this UNICHIP comercial http://www.unichip.us/video/car_video.html

The HKS http://www.importpartspro.com/hksni30ttgtt.html

Every thing that gentalman said WAS true. Every one presumed he was talking about a 350Z instead of a 300ZX.

Its a UNICHIP... hmmm sound familiar. All it is is an EPROM (reflashable CHIP) that is put inline with the PCM, ECU, Computer, or what ever term you feal comfortable with. By simply calling a UNICHIP a reflash is incorrect because they do not reflash the cars EPROM firm ware, just the UNICHIPS. Which means they HAVE a chip. As a car industry as a whole inline performance chips that piggy back on the cars existing computer IS called a chip, reguardless of inline or replacement methods.

Its kind of disheartning to see every on take a big gulp of the H8R Aid when 75% of the information was there. Every one is too caught up on bashing people to actualy logicily think some thing through and give an inteligent responce. Its sad to see that people are tossing out BS or speaking out their ***** to get post number up or just "hear them selves talk". Im realy surprised that some of the guys that have been arround the car community for a while didnt pipe up and set this bash session straight. Hell even the mod didnt look to see if it was even answered in a logical way all the answer was this, "Question answered. This thread isn't going anywhere good either. Closed." The question wasnt answered. Just a buch of synical and sarcastic comments. The closest one was Q45Tech refrencing the 95-96 OBDII design change. 2 and 2 were NEVER put to gether.

So, yes the gental man DID have a Z, yes he did have HKS turbos, and yes he did have a chip. Next time ask the simple questions instead of blowing some one off and running it out on the forums. The greater intrest you take in the car community as a whole the more you learn and grow. And knowing is half the battle... (que GI Goe music)
Old 01-28-2008, 02:01 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-28-2008, 02:05 PM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lighten up Francis!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:24 PM
punish_her

Im just tired of people getting a big head trying to be all big and bad on the internet, when infact they know jack **** about what they are commenting on. The toss up ghey little icons or flip out saying they hate this that or the other, when infact they have no clue what the hells going on.

Bottom line people need to start learning more, shutting there traps more and opening their mind. See whats realy being asked and help if they can. If not then any "HELP" forum on this thread is about as usless as **** on a Nun.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:39 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by punish_her
Im just tired of people getting a big head trying to be all big and bad on the internet, when infact they know jack **** about what they are commenting on. The toss up ghey little icons or flip out saying they hate this that or the other, when infact they have no clue what the hells going on.

Bottom line people need to start learning more, shutting there traps more and opening their mind. See whats realy being asked and help if they can. If not then any "HELP" forum on this thread is about as usless as **** on a Nun.

r u done with your little rant now? Care to step down from your soapbox and take a look in the mirror?

You criticize others for acting like a know-it all, but you feel the need and have a large enough ego to start a brand new thread for you to preach about a thread that was closed by a moderator.

Wait... I have a prediction for this thread....wait for it.......

Last edited by jonnylaw; 01-28-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:15 PM
punish_her

It originaly started to answer that dudes question. Its not EGO its finnaly getting fed up with the @ssholes and Idiots who love posting little icons. It was originaly ment to be constructive but the more I looked how useless alot of the posts were then the mod saying the question was answered when it realy wasnt. There once was a fairly decent knowlage database locked in some of the established shops heads and 90% of them were free to share there knowlage, now its not so much that way.

The FI forum is getting less and less usefule and helpful as it once was. Now you have little trolls and post-****** making cynical comments that drag stuff sooo much off topic people lose intrest about what the real question was and want to just "hear them selves talk". This is not pointing fingers at any one person. This is a valid point and complaint about how this forum has started to evolve.

Im not saying people need to shut up if they dont have anything pertinant to say but when some one posts a question its never answered and the thread is filled with useless jibberish, thats just not productive. I try to help, where help is needed. I TRY and resist the URGE to call some one a flaming retard, I save that for the regional forums where I have meet most of the guys on there face to face. But in a forum where people come to ask for help and get a steaming pile of BS, some time you gotta call a jack@ss a jack@ss

That wasnt a critisism of people being a know it all or ego's, it was a critisism of people feeling supper happy and cocky they have a Z and over 1000 posts on a forum and feal like they need to be a jack@ss because they want to be cool.

Im sorry if I offended any one directly, but if you feel the need to defend your self or your actions that may be a little conscience kicking in. By no means am I on a soap box. Some people just dont get the point of helping people once in a while. The other thread ended with the OP thinking the guy at the station being an out right fraud and every one calling that guy all sorts of things. When in fact a simple quest was never asked, "what year was the car."

So all in all my peice was said, I tried to answer the previous OP's question openly and honestly. I said my peice about the last thread. I could care less about the fate of this thread. At least its out. Hell I dont realy care, no reason to Ban me but if it happened I wouldnt cry about it. There is life after this, there are other forums.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
jonnylaw

It originaly started to answer that dudes question. Its not EGO its finnaly getting fed up with the @ssholes and Idiots who love posting little icons. It was originaly ment to be constructive but the more I looked how useless alot of the posts were then the mod saying the question was answered when it realy wasnt. There once was a fairly decent knowlage database locked in some of the established shops heads and 90% of them were free to share there knowlage, now its not so much that way.

The FI forum is getting less and less usefule and helpful as it once was. Now you have little trolls and post-****** making cynical comments that drag stuff sooo much off topic people lose intrest about what the real question was and want to just "hear them selves talk". This is not pointing fingers at any one person. This is a valid point and complaint about how this forum has started to evolve.

Im not saying people need to shut up if they dont have anything pertinant to say but when some one posts a question its never answered and the thread is filled with useless jibberish, thats just not productive. I try to help, where help is needed. I TRY and resist the URGE to call some one a flaming retard, I save that for the regional forums where I have meet most of the guys on there face to face. But in a forum where people come to ask for help and get a steaming pile of BS, some time you gotta call a jack@ss a jack@ss

That wasnt a critisism of people being a know it all or ego's, it was a critisism of people feeling supper happy and cocky they have a Z and over 1000 posts on a forum and feal like they need to be a jack@ss because they want to be cool.

Im sorry if I offended any one directly, but if you feel the need to defend your self or your actions that may be a little conscience kicking in. By no means am I on a soap box. Some people just dont get the point of helping people once in a while. The other thread ended with the OP thinking the guy at the station being an out right fraud and every one calling that guy all sorts of things. When in fact a simple quest was never asked, "what year was the car."

So all in all my peice was said, I tried to answer the previous OP's question openly and honestly. I said my peice about the last thread. I could care less about the fate of this thread. At least its out. Hell I dont realy care, no reason to Ban me but if it happened I wouldnt cry about it. There is life after this, there are other forums.
That's fine, your welcome to your opinion, but imho it was not necessary or proper to post your reaction thread in the engine and drivetrain section. You're not a newb, so I would imagine you understand how there are sections to this forum. Your thread would have been better suited in the feedback forum, where it belongs.

Or better yet, why didn't you pm a mod about the matter if you really felt that the op's question was not answered? Instead, you post a brand new thread in the engine mod section and come off sounding "holier than though"--Don't act like your sh*t don't stink bud. But I'm no moderator/admin; perhaps one would like to share his/her opinion on the matter.

You can continue to insinuate that I am an a**hole, but I am pretty sure there are many on this forum that would vouch for my general character on this board and I think I have helped out a few fellow z/g owners, just like others have helped me.

But hey, like you said there are other forums for you to preach to, and if you don't like what I or anyone else on this board has to say, there is this really neat option on this board that will allow you to ignore a member's posts.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 01-28-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
punish_her

By no means was I calling you an @ss man, Im refering to all the the people who's only constructive comments more destructive and not helpful at all. I do appologive if it seemed like I was attacking your character. I wasnt. 99.9% of the time when Im making genral posts saying "you" its more of a collective you.

I was going to tell the poster in a pm but it wouldnt send for some reason. Im sitting on the other side of the planet right now and the internet is a little whacked right now.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:44 PM
undrgnd

At the very least this is in the wrong section. So was the original thread. Who gives a flying fock if it's called a chip or anything else. If I posted the conversations I had at filling stations in this section, I would expect to be locked also.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Vader007

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this, anymore this place is just a b*tch session filled with religious and political points of veiw, and whem a "car" thread actually arises all the haters come out to trounce! i've been
here for four years now and have learned a lot because of it, on the other hand I've been turned off by a lot of stuff as of late. I understand the z is loosing its value and as such the younger crowd is now starting to acquire
it and become members here and maybe that has something to do with it I dont know. I can also tell you I belong to NSX Prime and a few corvette forums and you dont see this kind of stuff there.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:10 AM
undrgnd

If this thread offended you, you should visit the FI section. As the Z becomes more affordable in the used car market, more and more young people DO come in here, however, the b*tch sessions you refer to are equally attributable to us old folks as much as the younger ones. It is easy to find a post by someone young (with few exceptions): The grammar and spelling is atrocious, it is in the wrong section, the question is already answered in the FAQs, and it is devoid of any 'intentional' humor. I have learned a couple of things here too, but primarily I come here for the comedy. When I need to find something, I search. Most everything has already been posted at least once.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:15 AM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by undrgnd
If this thread offended you, you should visit the FI section. As the Z becomes more affordable in the used car market, more and more young people DO come in here, however, the b*tch sessions you refer to are equally attributable to us old folks as much as the younger ones. It is easy to find a post by someone young (with few exceptions): The grammar and spelling is atrocious, it is in the wrong section, the question is already answered in the FAQs, and it is devoid of any 'intentional' humor. I have learned a couple of things here too, but primarily I come here for the comedy. When I need to find something, I search. Most everything has already been posted at least once.
+1
Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 PM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"so i pulled into a gas station and got to talking with a gentlemen who was spying my z saying how he use to have one as well"

If somebody walks up to you saying that they 'had your car,' what would you take that as?

Would the correct assumption NOT be that he had a 350Z? Not trying to stir the pot but the reason why many responded the way they did may be related to that first sentence. I know I sure did...

I was going to tell the poster in a pm but it wouldnt send for some reason. Im sitting on the other side of the planet right now and the internet is a little whacked right now.
If it still bothers ya, try PM'n again maybe you can be friends
Old 01-31-2008, 01:42 PM
undrgnd

I guess my first question would have been, "Really, what model/year?" Yea, maybe he set you up. It doesn't matter, and don't take this seriously man, we're all just joking around. Hell, I'll be your friend.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:38 PM
theroo

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331259

I just hate it when people jump on the crazy train and start bashing because the guy before him did the same. It only takes a minute of researching to not look like a jack@ss.

In responce to your thread, you have to look at it as a WHOLE Z community not just the 350's. I have often had people come up to me and say some thing similar, my first question is, "what year was it?" Much too often you will hear '89 or '92. They did have EPROMS that could be replaced. Thats ok you just have to know what they are talking about. Just because some one had a Z and refers to them as one doesnt meen they have a 350Z.

The 300ZX's ECU was sooo much simpiler than ours. There are several manufactures that have "chips" for the Z's. To even say a 350Z doesnt have a is wrong. UNICHIP is NOT a piggyback computer, it only uses piggy back technology, which means it plugs inline oposed to replacing an EPROM in your ECM the old way.

Do these products sound what he was talking about?

The CHIPs http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A2776A0A0.aspx
What car is that in the back ground of this UNICHIP comercial http://www.unichip.us/video/car_video.html

The HKS http://www.importpartspro.com/hksni30ttgtt.html

Every thing that gentalman said WAS true. Every one presumed he was talking about a 350Z instead of a 300ZX.

Its a UNICHIP... hmmm sound familiar. All it is is an EPROM (reflashable CHIP) that is put inline with the PCM, ECU, Computer, or what ever term you feal comfortable with. By simply calling a UNICHIP a reflash is incorrect because they do not reflash the cars EPROM firm ware, just the UNICHIPS. Which means they HAVE a chip. As a car industry as a whole inline performance chips that piggy back on the cars existing computer IS called a chip, reguardless of inline or replacement methods.

Its kind of disheartning to see every on take a big gulp of the H8R Aid when 75% of the information was there. Every one is too caught up on bashing people to actualy logicily think some thing through and give an inteligent responce. Its sad to see that people are tossing out BS or speaking out their ***** to get post number up or just "hear them selves talk". Im realy surprised that some of the guys that have been arround the car community for a while didnt pipe up and set this bash session straight. Hell even the mod didnt look to see if it was even answered in a logical way all the answer was this, "Question answered. This thread isn't going anywhere good either. Closed." The question wasnt answered. Just a buch of synical and sarcastic comments. The closest one was Q45Tech refrencing the 95-96 OBDII design change. 2 and 2 were NEVER put to gether.

So, yes the gental man DID have a Z, yes he did have HKS turbos, and yes he did have a chip. Next time ask the simple questions instead of blowing some one off and running it out on the forums. The greater intrest you take in the car community as a whole the more you learn and grow. And knowing is half the battle... (que GI Goe music)

Take a darn Valium dude.

p.s Its Response* not responce

Last edited by theroo; 02-01-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
theroo

jdklsjf;lashjf;lsajflsajf