Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Please review my mod list :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:54 PM
collinsGTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol well yeah she can drive the z pretty damn well... and love her to death... but she's not getting behind the wheel of teh goat in the mountains but the z she can handle quite well.

better suspension and better tires treat the gto's quite well. even if i'm toward the back ~insert sneaky ninja smiley here~ i wouldn't mind going if you guys would have me... but we'll see. i'll try to get her up to spec for something like that... she's gonna need new brakes and a clutch, but that shouldnt be that big of a deal...

do you guys ever come down to atlanta area to the drag strips? i've been to bristol dragway before and it seem'd ok. commerce, just north of atlanta, sucks *****.... but reynolds (silver dollar raceway) is AWESOME!!! in fact, 9 out of 10 track days are held at sdr... if you guys ever come down this way shoot me a pm and i'll see if i can get a group together and head down.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
ke0ki2k

Originally Posted by collinsGTO
lol well yeah she can drive the z pretty damn well... and love her to death... but she's not getting behind the wheel of teh goat in the mountains but the z she can handle quite well.

better suspension and better tires treat the gto's quite well. even if i'm toward the back ~insert sneaky ninja smiley here~ i wouldn't mind going if you guys would have me... but we'll see. i'll try to get her up to spec for something like that... she's gonna need new brakes and a clutch, but that shouldnt be that big of a deal...

do you guys ever come down to atlanta area to the drag strips? i've been to bristol dragway before and it seem'd ok. commerce, just north of atlanta, sucks *****.... but reynolds (silver dollar raceway) is AWESOME!!! in fact, 9 out of 10 track days are held at sdr... if you guys ever come down this way shoot me a pm and i'll see if i can get a group together and head down.

lol nah I havent taken the Z south of Tennessee/NC yet actually. Drag racing isnt my thing. I'll go to any road course I can get on though. the Dragon is really the only place I realllly love to drive.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
collinsGTO

Originally Posted by ke0ki2k
lol nah I havent taken the Z south of Tennessee/NC yet actually. Drag racing isnt my thing. I'll go to any road course I can get on though. the Dragon is really the only place I realllly love to drive.

well tell ya what, man... i'm always hearing people throwing around the idea of a road atlanta track day... if one actually comes to be i'll shoot you a pm! take care!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:08 AM
ke0ki2k

Originally Posted by collinsGTO
well tell ya what, man... i'm always hearing people throwing around the idea of a road atlanta track day... if one actually comes to be i'll shoot you a pm! take care!

ill skip classes for Road Atlanta, no doubt. thanks m8. you too.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:29 AM
taurran

AEM engine management sucks for the Z. I'd say get a UTEC for much cheaper. It will do the job well, especially on a low power NA buildup.

Oh, and a conservative forced induction setup has a much higher bang/buck. You'd reach your 300whp goal safely with very little boost....
Old 02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
ke0ki2k

Originally Posted by taurran
AEM engine management sucks for the Z. I'd say get a UTEC for much cheaper. It will do the job well, especially on a low power NA buildup.

Oh, and a conservative forced induction setup has a much higher bang/buck. You'd reach your 300whp goal safely with very little boost....
cast iron exhaust manifolds and turbochargers are heavy....and no matter what you FI guys say youre still paying $80+ per horsepower. if he can get 45 hp for 4k in cams, headers, exhaust, UTEC and installation then hes right on par with that...smoother torque/power bands too. Really my playground is the dragon...and anything over 350 rwhp is overkill. dont need turbos or blowers up there.