Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

TechnoSquare ECU Beta Testers, speak out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 12:01 AM
jreiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dwnshift
All I wnat to know is..........who is that # 21 girl Failsaf3?
Now that is unreal!!!!
We need her for a grid chick!!!! Hook us up!
I smell free sway bars
Looks like she has a website.
http://www.courtneyday.com/
Old 07-08-2003, 06:25 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by failsaf3
- I have not experienced any pinging or knocking.
- We dyno'd my car after 700 miles and saw about a 4.8 hp and 5.6 tq gain. (this is from memory, I can post dyno's later)
- MPG was increased by approximately 2 MPG.
- fuel cutoff is now 7100.

The car is running fantastic and I have not had any CEL since the ECU was flashed. I have not experienced a loss in power (ECU correction) for the other mods I have installed (CAI / Exhaust).
I mainly wanted the ECU to ensure that the factory ECU was not trying to correct other bolt on mods. However the increase is MPG was a bonus..............
Can you clarify if the before and after dyno's were with all of the mods installed or not?

Because if they were with all mods installed it doesn't sound like the ECU unleashed any additional power that the stock ECU had retarded from the mods, and it seems like the only big benifit is the Rev limiter which for some will be good but not justified for all.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:32 AM
syf0n

I am in the same boat as Westpak, and would still like a general price range on this chip...I think that is what will determine how well it sells beyond anything else...
Old 07-08-2003, 09:38 AM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by westpak
Can you clarify if the before and after dyno's were with all of the mods installed or not?

Because if they were with all mods installed it doesn't sound like the ECU unleashed any additional power that the stock ECU had retarded from the mods, and it seems like the only big benifit is the Rev limiter which for some will be good but not justified for all.
Dyno was done with CAI / Exhaust (before ECU). Dyno was then done with CAI / Exhaust / ECU.
The first (before ECU dyno) was done right after exhaust was installed so stock ECU correction, if any, would not have taken effect.
I'm not sure that anyone has done a long term test to see if the stock ECU actually DOES correct and negate gains long term (dyno at 1, 2, 3 months to see changes in dyno, if any).
Whether the stock ECU actually negates long term gains still seems to be a debate (https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=28939). However the Technosquare ECU makes sure this is no longer an issue.

BTW I know I said I'd post dyno's but didn't get home until after 1am last night- I'll get them up tonight.

dwnshift- yes jreiter is correct, that is import model Courtney Day. Maybe you guys can hire her to stradle the car next time you come out to the CA Speedway
Old 07-08-2003, 12:16 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Thanks for info, on ECU that is

It just seems like this car has been tuned to nearly max from the factory and we are all just blowing money for no reason, me being one of them.

I think I am going to stick to other mods from here on, such as brakes, handling and such, unless you bolt on a SC or TT you are not going to see much.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:49 PM
dwnshift

OK...first Courtney is very cute! She like racing at all?

There is def power in new mapping of the ECU this is true for NA or FI motors.
IMoP...NA is the way to go on this motor if you have the cash to do it.
Techno Square has been able to do some pretty trick things with our ECU that will benifit everyone in the end hopefully.
The only numbers I go by are lap times.......and they dont lie. Like I said before....we have done back to back runs between the stock ECU, Techno square ECU and lets just say a company in Japans retuned ECU.
The two "tuned" ECU where better than stock...but the was a noticable differnce (seat of the pants) and overall lower lap times with the Techno Square ECU. If anyone ever gets to meet the guys at TS I highly recommend it. They have a ton of experience and there is a lot to be learned from them.
Thanks to everyone at Techno Square.......
BJZ
Schuitemaker Motorsports

SO anyone know Courtney????
Old 07-08-2003, 07:47 PM
syf0n

She was on the cover of Import Tuner, IIRC. It's not like she's the girl next door hopping on your hood for a quick photo...she probably has an agent amongst other things!
Old 07-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you can all decide tomorrow..

the ECU removal instructions and FAQ pages are being completed.

final pricing looks like its going to go for slightly under 600.

this ECU comes perfectly tuned, all the dyno time has been done so you can save a few hundred dollars on a dyno time with a piggy back version that may not even over-ride the core programming's inherient feedback loop.

Details soon to come..
Old 07-08-2003, 11:28 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i assume you're talking about dyno tuned for stock setups. obviously mods will require a little more tuning

on a similar note, did all beta testers receive the same flash "program"? .....because like you said the beta testers ranged from stock to modified. tia.

kv
Old 07-09-2003, 01:06 PM
nonmature

Originally posted by failsaf3
Maybe you guys can hire her to stradle the car next time you come out to the CA Speedway
failsafe I didnt know you were around me are you out at cal speedway often??? I'm out there a lot now...
Old 07-09-2003, 01:55 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Originally posted by nonmature
failsafe I didnt know you were around me are you out at cal speedway often??? I'm out there a lot now...
No- I'm in NorCal- but was down at CA Speedway to watch BJ and the guys race their 350Z in the Grand Am.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:46 PM
vance45

Failsaf3,

Still waiting for that Dyno chart.

vance
Old 07-10-2003, 02:14 PM
FairladyZCA

Hahaha she is more interesting than the ECU conversation...
Old 07-11-2003, 08:57 AM
nonmature

for the BOTTLE BABIES....

ok I have good news, bad news and ummm... just comments... first off I got my ECU flashed last night at technosquare and the guys are real cool.

bad news for all the BOTTLE BABIES like me. if you are runnin a dry shot (I'm runnin 100) Technosquare will not touch your fuel map or ignition map. this means you will not get any more fuel economy or really anymore HP. they do help you not to lose power at the top end by keeping everything wide open(they said that) anyways... the reason they wont touch it is because the nitrous leans it out at top end anyways and if they bump up the ratios to around 12 like they have been on everyone else when you squeeze it will kick it up to around 14 and BOOOMMM....

good news for wet system owners they can modify the ignition and fuel maps since you are puting in more fuel with the nitrous...

anyways I had them bump the rev limiter, cut the speed limiter, and all the detuning stuff, along with anything they did... the only thing they wouldnt touch is the fuel and ignition maps.

now onto the comments...
CHESTON... your car looks so sad up like that... but I was staring at your tein setup with the edfc and I almost tryed to steal your car...(jk) and there really is no room for that turbo its tight... but

anyways... this was just to inform all the nitrous boys and girls...
later....

-non
Old 07-13-2003, 01:07 PM
3rdpower

Musttt...seeee...ressulltss!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:38 PM
mullet455

what there be ne difference on a automatic?
Old 07-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by mullet455
what there be ne difference on a automatic?
Do you mean "Would there be any difference on an automatic?"? If so, then I don't think so, I am pretty sure they don't change your gear ratio's so I think it is for auto and manual, check with Cheston just in case.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:28 AM
350zdanny

Gear ratios are static. You can't just change a gear ratio like you do in Gran Turismo. You have to change out the physical gear in the transmission or the final drive gear to change the ratios.

There must be some programming differences between AT and MT Z's but I don't think that would stop them from adapting their flash to the AT with very little trouble.

Dan
Old 07-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Smooth350

Are there any automatic beta testers out there that want to share their results?
Old 07-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Auto program hasnt been offically released yet.

its actually quite different than the manuals.. the betas will get theirs soon..

Quick Reply: TechnoSquare ECU Beta Testers, speak out.