Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

TechnoSquare ECU Beta Testers, speak out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:46 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by raceboy

Last is all the misinformation like the ECU will negate bolt on mods. That has never been proven whatsoever. Or my favorite; hitting the rev limiter will damage the engine. The Z uses a drive by wire throttle, the rev limiter simply closes the throttle regardless of it's position, it's no different than lifting off the thottle which I am pretty sure doesn't hurt the engine.

Thank you........i'm glad someone has FINALLY said this.......i had been hearing for MONTHS that the ECM negated mods, and that all my mods were futile and useless until i bought the reflashed ECM ........meanwhile, my car is getting faster with mods, and my friend's car is getting faster with mods.

If it damages the engine to bounce off the rev limiter, then raising it would be even worse. The rev limiter is a feature designed to SAVE the engine from damage.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:24 AM
johnlotusboy

To me it sounds like there is a bunch of miss informed people around hear. Our rev limiters are of a fuel cut type they don't just lift off the throttle. When the fuel cuts the motor goes lean, not good. Hitting the rev limiter is not good if it is this type. Ignition rev limiters discharge unburned fuel into the exhaust and it lights down stream and isn't as bad.
But the load on the timing chain and all the spinning parts is very high in either case.
Raising the rev limiter and the not hitting it any at all is better than hitting the stock one.
And hitting the raised limiter is not good at all.
Going to the shop that builds sprint car and formula atlantic motors this afternoon for a very technical answer to satisfy those here who want the truth.

I have had the Technosquare ECU for 2 weeks now and still am not willing to say buy it or don't, it appears better in freeway gas mileage but around town it isn't as good as stock. I've done too many mods close together to judge only the ECU itself.
I would wait and put this on the end of the list of things to buy.
The time the rev limiter would help is delaying the shift is auto-x But wait for more people with mods like your car to evaluate this to see if if it works them.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:31 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

i can respect that post alot
thank you
btw originally i bout my G35 with plans to trade it in for a lotus elise when they are released.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

???

Please read the fine lines prior to boasting the pointless-ness of raising the rev limiter.

It is a fuel cut off system, if you are a driver who constantly hits the stock rev limiter, you're going to inflict damage upon the engine with repeated occurances..

however- if you raise the stock rev limiter, it does not mean you have to go all the way up to the new limit, its so that you still shift at the previous shift-point, and in case you DO miss that optimum rpm for shifting, you have a safety buffer of the extra 500 or so RPMs to shift and not hit the rev limit. That was the whole purpose of adding the raised limiter... not so that you would take it up an extra 500, its so you CAN.

the stock ECU has a feedback value, i have seen it in the code, its there.. other ecu tuners will see it once they start messing with it.. why dont you ask the other ECU tuners if they have located those values as well. there is no point in me arguing over and over about this subject, its sad when persons make claims such as you have about something that has no direct contact with the ECU or have any idea of what the ECU can/cannot do.

There are currently over 30 happy ECU owners, most who do not post here because of the negativity that comes upon them when they do post. Not to mention two MORE race teams other than Bj's Schuitemaker racing team has gotten their ECU tuned for 100+ octane race gas and custom parts..

people just have to understand, the ECU isnt a miracle mod, its not going to get you 30hp. it never was supposed to. this modification it to just get your Z to be more efficient than what it was from the factory.

--Cheston

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
Thank you........i'm glad someone has FINALLY said this.......i had been hearing for MONTHS that the ECM negated mods, and that all my mods were futile and useless until i bought the reflashed ECM ........meanwhile, my car is getting faster with mods, and my friend's car is getting faster with mods.

If it damages the engine to bounce off the rev limiter, then raising it would be even worse. The rev limiter is a feature designed to SAVE the engine from damage.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:26 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by Chebosto
???

Please read the fine lines prior to boasting the pointless-ness of raising the rev limiter.

It is a fuel cut off system, if you are a driver who constantly hits the stock rev limiter, you're going to inflict damage upon the engine with repeated occurances..

however- if you raise the stock rev limiter, it does not mean you have to go all the way up to the new limit, its so that you still shift at the previous shift-point, and in case you DO miss that optimum rpm for shifting, you have a safety buffer of the extra 500 or so RPMs to shift and not hit the rev limit. That was the whole purpose of adding the raised limiter... not so that you would take it up an extra 500, its so you CAN.

If a certain type of driving will cause someone to hit the stock rev limiter because they can't keep their eye on the redline, then the same thing will happen with the new setting. A buffer of 500 RPM's isn't that much.

the stock ECU has a feedback value, i have seen it in the code, its there.. other ecu tuners will see it once they start messing with it.. why dont you ask the other ECU tuners if they have located those values as well. there is no point in me arguing over and over about this subject, its sad when persons make claims such as you have about something that has no direct contact with the ECU or have any idea of what the ECU can/cannot do.
Indeed. Since when did you become Emperor of All Electronic Understanding? I know exactly what the ECM can do. Compensate for a dirty air filter?.....yes......go from sea level to mountain range atmosphere's?......yes.......negate 10, 20, 30 HP in gains?.....No frickin' way.......This was a marketing lie introduced by Nissan when they still had plans to introduce a US-spec Nismo ECM.......when they found out they would get a measly 5-7 HP from it, they scrapped those plans......you hi-jacked that lie and tried to turn it into a cash-cow for yourself......you've been in EVERY thread claiming this ECM reflash will do everything for everybody......you fein being just an average joe who likes technosquare, but your not.......i believe you have a big financial investment in this deal.......that's why you've become the walking commercial you are today

There are currently over 30 happy ECU owners, most who do not post here because of the negativity that comes upon them when they do post. Not to mention two MORE race teams other than Bj's Schuitemaker racing team has gotten their ECU tuned for 100+ octane race gas and custom parts..
How many of these happy customers are in California?....out of these, how many are getting pinging with our 91 octane?.....out of these, how many of them have had their pinging go away, like you said it would?.......if i remember correctly, you supposedly got rid of the "bad old feedback loop"........if there's no more feedback loop in your program, how is your ECM going to stop the pinging from happening anymore?

people just have to understand, the ECU isnt a miracle mod, its not going to get you 30hp. it never was supposed to. this modification it to just get your Z to be more efficient than what it was from the factory.

It's not a miracle mod anymore?....for months you were telling us all that it was.........30HP?......you'll be lucky if you see 7HP, damned lucky........more efficient?......i'm sorry, i thought this was a sports car.......if i wanted efficiency i would have bought Prius
Old 08-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the more you post, the easier it is to judge your level of understanding on this subject.

there's no point in arguing with you because its pointless. you're after me in every thread i post, regardless of the subject, and yes i do see my self more educated in electronic components of the Z more so than the average Z owner, thats why i can say/post the things that i observe. obviously if you stick your rude attitude in your pocket and read up on the ECU, perhaps you would actually learn something.

obviously i do have a lot invested in Technosquare-- they've had my car since feburary.. i only want the best for my car and i stand by what i do... i would like to see how many companies work this close to their customer base than what i have seen with TS.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Stewie
Banned

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
If a certain type of driving will cause someone to hit the stock rev limiter because they can't keep their eye on the redline, then the same thing will happen with the new setting. A buffer of 500 RPM's isn't that much.

Indeed. Since when did you become Emperor of All Electronic Understanding? I know exactly what the ECM can do. Compensate for a dirty air filter?.....yes......go from sea level to mountain range atmosphere's?......yes.......negate 10, 20, 30 HP in gains?.....No frickin' way.......This was a marketing lie introduced by Nissan when they still had plans to introduce a US-spec Nismo ECM.......when they found out they would get a measly 5-7 HP from it, they scrapped those plans......you hi-jacked that lie and tried to turn it into a cash-cow for yourself......you've been in EVERY thread claiming this ECM reflash will do everything for everybody......you fein being just an average joe who likes technosquare, but your not.......i believe you have a big financial investment in this deal.......that's why you've become the walking commercial you are today

How many of these happy customers are in California?....out of these, how many are getting pinging with our 91 octane?.....out of these, how many of them have had their pinging go away, like you said it would?.......if i remember correctly, you supposedly got rid of the "bad old feedback loop"........if there's no more feedback loop in your program, how is your ECM going to stop the pinging from happening anymore?

It's not a miracle mod anymore?....for months you were telling us all that it was.........30HP?......you'll be lucky if you see 7HP, damned lucky........more efficient?......i'm sorry, i thought this was a sports car.......if i wanted efficiency i would have bought Prius
I think your title by your avatar describes you to a tee....JACKASS
Old 08-06-2003, 07:17 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna stop the crap before it goes down even further.