Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

TechnoSquare ECU Beta Testers, speak out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 10:54 AM
FairladyZCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by nonmature
I'll get you faster with less than a grand...

NITROUS BABY............

-non
Hahahaha Non:
You're going to squeeze every stop light? I really feel sorry for your car. Honestly though, think about what you're doing to her.

Originally posted by lowrider
I really don't care for knowitalls
Lou:
You just contradicted yourself... you seem to be the knowitall of all knowitalls. You slam a guy for defending himself against your malicious aggressions of verbage and you finish off by commenting on something that you do yourself - be a knowitall. Hey, take it from me, I am an "almostknowitall" and I know you know that I know you are a knowitall guy, you know?

Last edited by FairladyZCA; 08-02-2003 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:42 PM
lowrider

Fairlady, Forget about it. I don't want to waste my time. You have an opinion which you stated above. I have mine. I don't like flamers who protest to much and attack everyone they don't like. Sort of like what you did. Go off and live a good life.

Lou

Last edited by lowrider; 08-02-2003 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:50 AM
FairladyZCA

Originally posted by lowrider
Fairlady, Forget about it. I don't want to waste my time. You have an opinion which you stated above. I have mine. I don't like flamers who protest to much and attack everyone they don't like. Sort of like what you did. Go off and live a good life.

Lou
Hahaha Lou, life is great, thanks!

I am not "attacking" you in any way, shape or form. I don't know where you got the impression that I don't like you. I don't even know you.
I stated that you told a guy off simply for him defending himself. I also made an observation that you don't like something that you are yourself.
I'm simply giving you my opinion on how you typed your words.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:49 AM
FairladyZCA

Richard 350z (lesser bozo):

Sorry for my contribution in making this thread steer away from its original intent. I'll refrain from posting anything aside from what this thread is designed for.

Y'll maybe already know... high rpm's is what kills the engine, not mileage. If the life of an engine is 300,000 miles, but you take your engine's rpm level up to 7,000rpm, its like cigarette smoking. Every time you do that, the expectancy life of the engine reduces drastically. I personally don't care if I drive my car down to the ground after 150,000miles.

I guess I just think about the overall lifetime of the vehicle vs. the short time until I get a new car after.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:10 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by Richard 350z

Now, is the ECU worth it? Can you feel the difference in power, by the seat of your pants (I don't have a dyno at home)?

How do you like the 7100 rpm rev-limiter? I have hit the 6600 rpm stock limiter several times, and think this alone might be worth the price of admission for the ECU. Any thoughts?
yes, yes, its VERY handy
Old 08-03-2003, 09:13 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by FairladyZCA
Richard 350z (lesser bozo):

Sorry for my contribution in making this thread steer away from its original intent. I'll refrain from posting anything aside from what this thread is designed for.

Y'll maybe already know... high rpm's is what kills the engine, not mileage. If the life of an engine is 300,000 miles, but you take your engine's rpm level up to 7,000rpm, its like cigarette smoking. Every time you do that, the expectancy life of the engine reduces drastically. I personally don't care if I drive my car down to the ground after 150,000miles.

I guess I just think about the overall lifetime of the vehicle vs. the short time until I get a new car after.

you should still shift at 65 but it allows for error incase your slow and shift at 66 or so in a race, theres been a couple times where it was better to crawl up to 68 or so then peg the rev limiter at 66.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:11 AM
FairladyZCA

I can respect that...

90K in 8 years? Wow, that's not much, is it!?! That's less than 1,000 miles for each month you've had the vehicle. I normally drive about 25,000miles each year... so the fourth year, I've reached the 100,000 mile.

Back in my youthful days, I had a honda Civic and the first year, I ran 89,000 miles and the following year, I had already 150,000 mies. Road trips and long commute will definitely do it.

Back to the story - if you don't abuse the 7,100RPM every time, it should be a great add-on to your ride. There's a reason why Spoon makes Honda engines that go 13,500RPM - sure its great, but why if you are a daily driver.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:39 PM
nonmature

Originally posted by FairladyZCA
Hahahaha Non:
You're going to squeeze every stop light? I really feel sorry for your car. Honestly though, think about what you're doing to her.
I do not squeeze every stoplight.... (my bottles out of the car cause were paintin it HEHEHE...) sooo there.......

and to those that have a problem with nitrous I really dont see your problem. I've been runnin nitrous for goin on 3 years with no problems... all you have to do is respect it, and dont ABUSE it and you will be fine.

(and for the record I only use it at the track and against @-holes on the street) HAHAHA...

-non

Last edited by nonmature; 08-05-2003 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:21 PM
myinfinitig20

who are the auto testers......tell me whats up....

and for the comment about the under hundred dollar acura/honda chips......

my friend paid 600 for his hondata and that chip was worth every ****ing penny. If anyone here drove in an type s with the chip will know what im talking about.

i have no problem paying 600dollars if its worth it. im here to find out if its worth it or not. 600 for 5hp is not worth it in my eyes. lets see some more dynos and some 1/4 times.

nick
Old 08-05-2003, 07:37 PM
MATIX

Originally posted by myinfinitig20
who are the auto testers......tell me whats up....

and for the comment about the under hundred dollar acura/honda chips......

my friend paid 600 for his hondata and that chip was worth every ****ing penny. If anyone here drove in an type s with the chip will know what im talking about.

i have no problem paying 600dollars if its worth it. im here to find out if its worth it or not. 600 for 5hp is not worth it in my eyes. lets see some more dynos and some 1/4 times.

nick
You guys are missing the point of the ecu, its not just to add a few hp, i could care less about 5 hp...the main reason i wanted the ecu was to eliminate the feedback loop on the stock ecu so that i keep hte hp from bolt ons, and also hte raised rev limiter comes in handy so you dont bounce off the rev limiter if you shift a split second too late.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:20 PM
FairladyZCA

Originally posted by MATIX
You guys are missing the point of the ecu, its not just to add a few hp, i could care less about 5 hp...the main reason i wanted the ecu was to eliminate the feedback loop on the stock ecu so that i keep hte hp from bolt ons, and also hte raised rev limiter comes in handy so you dont bounce off the rev limiter if you shift a split second too late.
That are all great points... now I am really thinking of getting it. I'm going to contact them tomorrow. Interesting point MATIX.

I am getting the K&N CAI installed tomorrow. BTW, K&N CAI will be available for consumers very soon. Stay tuned for more information. I am also getting the 5Zigen cat-back exhaust system. With the two, I should definitely consider the ECU upgrade.

Old 08-05-2003, 09:45 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

yeah thats the biggest reason i wanted it
Old 08-05-2003, 10:26 PM
raceboy
Banned

Alrighty then, school is now in session:

Hey Raceboy:

"Unlike any other product, once the R&D was done, every $595 is pure profit". So if you go to the doctor, you gonna say to him that since he went through school - whatever he charges his/her patients are pure profit? That doesn't make any sense.
You are actually comparing a Dr. to an ECU tuner??? OK, I'll bite. A Dr. is someone who A. Spent 10 years after highschool training for his/her profession. B. They are licensed and have at least shown a basic ammount of proficiency. C. Their services are shown (for the most part) to actually work. And D, not even a Dr has the audacity to charge $600 for 10 minutes work even though they have a lot more invested on the back end.

BY THE WAY, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IS NOT CHEAP. Don't get fooled by what you think - its not just plug and play. There are many, many, many days and nights on the labs/warehouse/work away from family and friends - that's nights and weekends. It's working out of home. I'm not in the engineering field, but I know. Even if the R&D is done, they don't just sit there and collect money. They go and develop other things.
Bet you any ammount of money you want they didn't spend as much as it costs to become a Dr.

Think about it for a minute... how many do they sell per day? One? Maybe? Two? Take the gross profit, subtract all the expenses i.e. electricity, lease, salary, misc. expenses. Subtract the time spent - and the net profit goes down really low. They don't make $595.00 pure profit. If they do, sign me up... I want to be part of a gravy train like that.
Only true if selling this one ECU was their only business, but it's not. It's simply an add on profit center for an existing business. They would still have all of the other above expenses even if they never made a 350Z ecu program.

To set the record straight, I don't have any affiliation with this company in any way, shape or form. I simply represent my own self interest and the interest of informing people on what I believe is right. I know business and there are only two things that are "pure profits" in this life when dealing with money. Drugs and Prostitution. One will kill you and the other will rape your @$$ off.
You sure you don't have any affiliation. Seems strange that a brand new member would just come on here to make 7 posts in one thread alone. Also, good thing you aren't a pimp or dealer. Pimps have to cloth, feed, get medical care, get legal assistance, and maintain their image...........I don't see any pure profit there. And do you think drugs just magically fall from the sky?? Nice try at being clever, yeah, you "know business."

If all fails on what I say... I agree that it is a bit pricy. However, its the power of Supply and Demand. It doesn't matter if its software or hardware. Sure they need to make a profit, wherever you work, wouldn't you want' the best dollar for your work? How are they different?
Right now, I don't see much demand. I don't see many paying buyers at all, so what should the price be??

Bell rings......................School's out.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:32 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

i know paying buyers, just because they havent told you doesnt mean they havent bought it.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:53 PM
MATIX

If you dont want to buy the ECU, jsut dont buy it...no reason to rant and rave over and over again why you're right, and anyone who wants to buy the ECU is wrong.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:07 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by MATIX
If you dont want to buy the ECU, jsut dont buy it...no reason to rant and rave over and over again why you're right, and anyone who wants to buy the ECU is wrong.
First of all, I have been staying out of this for a long time. I responded because I was the one that was named, or you didn't notice that?

And why should I sit around while someone tries to push "snake oil" on my fellow 350Z owners? No, I am wrong for telling people not to buy something for $600 that so far has shown gains that are only withing the margin of error, so basically it has shown zero gain.

Last is all the misinformation like the ECU will negate bolt on mods. That has never been proven whatsoever. Or my favorite; hitting the rev limiter will damage the engine. The Z uses a drive by wire throttle, the rev limiter simply closes the throttle regardless of it's position, it's no different than lifting off the thottle which I am pretty sure doesn't hurt the engine.

We have had tons of independent dynos for all the other products, where is one independent dyno for the TS ECU that shows a real gain??
Old 08-05-2003, 11:12 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

wait a month
i believe daytona 350z is doing a before and after dyno, hes setting up a dyno day for us locals
tell you what
just to make it eaiser, ill pay for his after dyno if he isnt already planning it
Old 08-05-2003, 11:13 PM
MATIX

Originally posted by raceboy
First of all, I have been staying out of this for a long time. I responded because I was the one that was named, or you didn't notice that?

And why should I sit around while someone tries to push "snake oil" on my fellow 350Z owners? No, I am wrong for telling people not to buy something for $600 that so far has shown gains that are only withing the margin of error, so basically it has shown zero gain.

Last is all the misinformation like the ECU will negate bolt on mods. That has never been proven whatsoever. Or my favorite; hitting the rev limiter will damage the engine. The Z uses a drive by wire throttle, the rev limiter simply closes the throttle regardless of it's position, it's no different than lifting off the thottle which I am pretty sure doesn't hurt the engine.

We have had tons of independent dynos for all the other products, where is one independent dyno for the TS ECU that shows a real gain??
The raised rev limiter helps me out so that my motor doesnt cut out if i shift a little late, I never said it hurts the motor. I'm not gonna argue over this on a thread, its not going to accomplish anything. Bottom line, if you dont think the ecu is for you, dont buy it.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:37 AM
2003z

Well, I believe I am the only one to upgrade to this and post no gains. That being said, Technosquare is not only sending me a replacement ecu, but is modifying the code for me based on my a/f ratio. This isn't a company that will sell you something then leave you high and dry. I am sure I will have much better news next week when I return from Aruba.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:33 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

yea but the bad news for you is your coming back from aruba.

Quick Reply: TechnoSquare ECU Beta Testers, speak out.