Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Who here has PURCHASED the TS ECU????

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 07:12 AM
johnlotusboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Washington state and we also only get 91 octane fuel.
I installed TS ecu on 7/24/03, I drove very mellow for the first 50 miles so the computer could relearn. I did NOT have any spark knock, and now after 350 miles have not had any EVER. I drive very hard and Auto-X and there is no drivability issues with the TS ecu. If you want lots of horsepower, say 30-50hp you are dreaming, all the mod available without FI together might get you 30rwhp and "I say might".
The initial throtttle stab above 3000rpm feels stronger and this is noticable in all gears and the top end of the tach doesn't seem so soft.
If you need a big box, or need to see the difference in the design of the parts to feel you get your moneys worth you will never be happy because is looks the same as when you shipped it away.
If you don't want the dealer to void your warranty and notify NNA so your warranty is no good anywhere then not seeing a difference with the computer is fine.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:59 PM
spazpilot

for eveyone i just wanted to let people know that the purpose of the ecu upgrade, i believe, was not to see massive gains but to take better advantage of mods. you can't just add a ecu and expect corvette performance. never going to happen i agree with johnlotusboy the most you are going to see is about 30hp with bolt ons. if you want power look at some kind of fI ask ches about his turbo kit or look at the thread that says us spec tt or just go greddy
Old 08-07-2003, 05:55 PM
all_bark

I am not asking for 30 plus hp from the ecu alone.

dam, I am just looking for honest replies from people who have already gotten it.

I have a CAI/JWT combo, borla dual and plan on plenum, ur pulleys (in the mail) and also the ecu.

i figure/hope that with all this I'll see 30 hp. Thats what I am looking for. I am hoping to get rwhp in the 255-265 range and I would be very happy.

The issue is the pinging as well as how it is holding up after people have been driving for a while with it. Looking for help in that department.

Johnnylotusboy's info was great but it would be even nicer if 15 other people could also give us their honest opinions of it.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:22 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

in ca you should be fine about pinging unless you go to palm desert (it was 104 at 11pm the other night)
all bark will you be at the meet on saturday

i want 280whp before turbo, hoping to do it with , exhaust,ecu,grounding, and replacing my intake tube with a Z one
well see
Old 08-07-2003, 11:40 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
in ca you should be fine about pinging unless you go to palm desert (it was 104 at 11pm the other night)
all bark will you be at the meet on saturday

i want 280whp before turbo, hoping to do it with , exhaust,ecu,grounding, and replacing my intake tube with a Z one
well see
you're expecting 30-40whp gain just from those mods??? i dont think so.

what did you put down stock?

kv