Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the clutch switch to trigger a ground?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 AM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can anyone help me figure out how to get the clutch switch to trigger a ground?

Im trying to hook up my 2-step launch control and it has to be grounded out to work. Im not really good with relays or how any of this stuff works. I know when you press the clutch it hits a switch that does something?? I was wondering if there was a way to have this switch trigger a ground(unless it already grounds out when the switch is pressed?) any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:17 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...h-control.html

Enjoy.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said..this is my weak area and that sh*t is confusing lol. I need it to be explained/drawn out in caveman terms/pictures haha. Also it says theres a way to get an actual anti lag, do you know this way? I had it on my supra and it was very nice at the track.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:31 AM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a wire that runs to the ECU that is the brake/clutch wire. It normally is 12vdc when neither the clutch nor the brake is pushed.

If you push either of them it will drop to 0vdc (open, not ground).

To get it to output a (-) signal you would need to wire up a relay:

Pin 85 - brake/clutch wire
Pin 86 - ground
Pin 30 - ground
Pin 87A - output to two step

The only "downfall" here is that the relay will click everytime you hit the brake - this may cause issues assuming your two step doesn't have another means to trigger. It may also be annoying if you can hear it click everytime you hit the brake. You may want to consider using a transistor based fix (either solid state components or a DC solid state relay) or a reed relay. A standard electromagnetic relay will probably drive you and your passengers crazy over time.

There is another switch that only detects when the clutch is all the way to the floor - depending on what kind of two step you have it may work better. I believe it outputs 12vdc when the clutch is all the way down. If that is the case hook the relay up like this:

Pin 85 - Clutch down switch ( (+) when clutch to the floor)
Pin 86 - ground
Pin 30 - ground
Pin 87 - (-) output to two step

Last edited by KPierson; 09-08-2008 at 10:09 AM.