2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

price shipped 27406
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Vader007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

price shipped to 19067 please.

I have an automatic and would be willing to try the 6 m/t unit just to see.
So long as I could exchange it for the other one if I ran into problems.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:33 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kramykram
can i haz 2 for me hr
PM on the wayz.

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
price shipped 27406
PM on the way.

Originally Posted by Vader007
price shipped to 19067 please.

I have an automatic and would be willing to try the 6 m/t unit just to see.
So long as I could exchange it for the other one if I ran into problems.
We have the automatic unit in stock. I will not knowingly and willingly sell a 6MT unit for an auto. The potential risk is that the transmission will downshift too aggressively and put you in too low of a gear for the speed. In other words potential epic fail.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:52 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in seeing before and after installation Cipher accelerator pedal and throttle position logs.

It sounds to me like the Sprint Booster Throttle Enhance (SBTE) just bumps up the rate at which the throttle opens. This is something that can also be done with Osiris Pro Tuner. If the only thing you want is increased throttle opening rate, the SBTE would be cheaper and easier to install/program than Osiris.

Interesting product.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by __jb
I would be interested in seeing before and after installation Cipher accelerator pedal and throttle position logs.

It sounds to me like the Sprint Booster Throttle Enhance (SBTE) just bumps up the rate at which the throttle opens. This is something that can also be done with Osiris Pro Tuner. If the only thing you want is increased throttle opening rate, the SBTE would be cheaper and easier to install/program than Osiris.

Interesting product.
It doesn't actually change the rate at which the throttle opens. What it actually does is lower the reaction time between you mashing the pedal and the throttle body responding. The best way I can describe it is with the old school Super Nintendo controllers, you had the turbo button on some of the aftermarket controllers. No matter how fast you could press a button on your own that turbo button was faster and that is a similar principle here. We've tested the Sprint Booster on a car with Osiris tuning and then cleared the tune and tested each factor on it's own.

The difference is that with the Osiris tune you can see horsepower gains from the throttle body changes, with the Sprint Booster you feel gains that show up in power. It is simply about reaction time and response.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
It doesn't actually change the rate at which the throttle opens. What it actually does is lower the reaction time between you mashing the pedal and the throttle body responding. The best way I can describe it is with the old school Super Nintendo controllers, you had the turbo button on some of the aftermarket controllers. No matter how fast you could press a button on your own that turbo button was faster and that is a similar principle here. We've tested the Sprint Booster on a car with Osiris tuning and then cleared the tune and tested each factor on it's own.

The difference is that with the Osiris tune you can see horsepower gains from the throttle body changes, with the Sprint Booster you feel gains that show up in power. It is simply about reaction time and response.
Interesting...

So, if you had two identical cars... and one of them had this device... and you mashed the accelerator pedal to the floor at the same time on both of them... the car with the Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer would get the throttle plate fully open (WOT) sooner. So, you could say that the SBTE eliminates/enhances/speeds up intermediate throttle-opening steps.

I'm curious to see someone log this with Cipher. It should be apparent that throttle plate lag is reduced or that the throttle plate more closely follows the accelerator pedal's position.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by __jb
Interesting...

So, if you had two identical cars... and one of them had this device... and you mashed the accelerator pedal to the floor at the same time on both of them... the car with the Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer would get the throttle plate fully open (WOT) sooner. So, you could say that the SBTE eliminates/enhances/speeds up intermediate throttle-opening steps.

I'm curious to see someone log this with Cipher. It should be apparent that throttle plate lag is reduced or that the throttle plate more closely follows the accelerator pedal's position.
I offered… if they want to donate a unit for a brief period I will be glad to do the testing.

Originally Posted by OCG35
I have Cipher, will data log & post results... also run 1/4 mile, but not sure how soon I will be back to the track (more than likely within a month though)...

PM info if you are interested in me posting results.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by OCG35
I offered… if they want to donate a unit for a brief period I will be glad to do the testing.
We have Cipher here and can do full datalogging ourselves. John is lining up a couple of cars for testing later this week.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:37 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

I've finally started getting some feedback from customers who have gotten and installed their Sprint Boosters. I had a voice mail this morning from a customer who doesn't post here, but this is a transcript of the voice mail he left me.

Matt G. Miami, FL G35 Coupe 6MT

"Getting used to it, it works really really well out on the highway, you can get to 120 without even noticing it. My fuel mileage on the highway has picked it, I was getting 23, 24 mpg and now it's showing 28 mpg."

This came after talking to him yesterday and getting a one word review of "Wow" when talking about the increase in response. It really requires that you relearn the clutch engagement and how to start the car off because of the increased throttle response.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sold another of these in house today. Plugged it into a customer's car and let him drive it, he came back and walked inside and paid for it. Once you try one will not want to take it off.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
deviljon

bryan, could you provide me tracking info on my order? I havent received mine yet and would just like to know the status..
Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by deviljon
bryan, could you provide me tracking info on my order? I havent received mine yet and would just like to know the status..
Tracking number was sent to you via e mail automatically when your order was shipped.

I'll PM it to you now but you should already have it. It's showing delivery for tomorrow 2/14.

Last edited by bryan@Z1; 02-13-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
deviljon

got it! yea i briefly checked the email on my BB so i didnt pay close attention. thanks!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:41 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

We've sold the initial 10 so the promo deal has ended. I'm still willing to offer free ground shipping though. They are $299 shipped, use coupon code SprintPromo for the free shipping.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:32 PM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Well guys.....those of you who bought one and are trying them out what do you think so far?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:55 PM
UofA350Z

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
I have an Osiris tune and was wondering how this would affect it. Are you saying it is still beneficial even if throttle body changes were made during the tune?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM
rh_334

i went to Z1 today and tried one of these and i LOVED IT i have a 6MT and it makes a huge difference i know it doesnt add any power but it sure seems like it. it felt like driving a different car and after they took it back out i missed it. my car felt kinda boring to drive after i had some fun with the power booster. and ill admit i was skeptical when i saw how simple it was but it deffently surprized me. the response was so quick from a dig that i hit the rev limiter before i knew it. i am looking forward to buying one hopefully this week and ill post up some 0-60s i have several i have already done and ill put up some after. but i would recommend this to anyone and i know it seems expensive but the Fun To Drive factor that it has makes it worth every penny.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Vader007

Just installed mine today, I was only able to run to the store and back but so far I have to say you can definetly notice its there. Broke the tires loose without trying from a stop. I dont see how this doesnt increase performance? It feels faster and that alone makes it worth it in my opinion. I have an automatic and need all the help I can get from a dead stop and this thing makes it fun to drive again, is it worth the price, that I need more time to evaluate however my first impression is positive!

Jerry
Old 02-17-2009, 04:08 PM
deviljon

installed it the other night and had a little difficulty driving in the rain haha. the car feels as if im giving it more gas then i really am, which i guess is what its supposed to do.. definitely a big difference once its installed, but i cant help but wonder if i could just get the same effect by depressing the throttle more during regular driving. i'll continue to try it out and report back!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by UofA350Z
I have an Osiris tune and was wondering how this would affect it. Are you saying it is still beneficial even if throttle body changes were made during the tune?
It doesn't do the same thing that Osiris does. I've said it before our G35 has an Osiris tune, we are an Osiris Master Tuner, and this device works indpendently of that and does something entirely different.

Originally Posted by deviljon
installed it the other night and had a little difficulty driving in the rain haha. the car feels as if im giving it more gas then i really am, which i guess is what its supposed to do.. definitely a big difference once its installed, but i cant help but wonder if i could just get the same effect by depressing the throttle more during regular driving. i'll continue to try it out and report back!
No, mashing the throttle twice as far or twice as hard will not have the same effect. I've had a customer who does a lot of highway driving report that he's seeing a major increase in fuel mileage on the highway because he doesn't have to mash the throttle as much, thus decreasing throttle blade angle.

What the Sprint Booster does is make the car react faster to the throttle input through electronic signal manipulation.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer, Looking for Testers