Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer, Looking for Testers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
I have my DBW settings changed via Osiris, is there any benefit for me to use this? Will it negatively affect the DBW? I'm thinking of trying this out for fun.
Works differently and independently of the Osiris settings. Our G35 is Osiris tuned and we've ran the Sprint Booster along with the tune. Give it a shot, if you're not satisfied with it just send it back to us and we'll refund it with in 30 days. So far those who have tried it really liked it.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
wynd d z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so is there any new info on this item? from fellow members?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:22 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by wynd d z33
so is there any new info on this item? from fellow members?
not that I've seen... just some cut & paste stuff from OP... seems to have been a bust
Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by OCG35
not that I've seen... just some cut & paste stuff from OP... seems to have been a bust
The only bust is that 7 of the 10 people we gave a discount to for them to write reviews failed to write the reviews. None of them returned their part, so apparently they've been satisfied with them. We've sold over 30 so far and have just 1 of the 30 come back. It's been pretty successful for us so far.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
The only bust is that 7 of the 10 people we gave a discount to for them to write reviews failed to write the reviews. None of them returned their part, so apparently they've been satisfied with them. We've sold over 30 so far and have just 1 of the 30 come back. It's been pretty successful for us so far.
I think the problem some of us have, or at least I have, is that we are not sure what this black box actually does. Speaking for myself, I have to understand what something does before I will put it on my car. After reading all your posts, I still have no idea what this device actually does. I know you say, try it... But that is not how I work.

I'm not saying that you are trying to scam anyone. I think it's likely that you don't know how the device actually works, or you can not explain it very well.

If this device alters the relationship between the accelerator and throttle body/blade operation, it should be able to be shown visually with a true real-time data logging program like Cipher.

You mentioned that you were a registered Osiris Tuner shop with Cipher. How about posting a Cipher graph that identifies how this device works? All you need to log is the engine RPM. the accelerator, and the throttle graphs. If that doesn't show any difference with and without your device, I would be hard pressed to say that there was any difference.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:52 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by __jb
I think the problem some of us have, or at least I have, is that we are not sure what this black box actually does. Speaking for myself, I have to understand what something does before I will put it on my car. After reading all your posts, I still have no idea what this device actually does. I know you say, try it... But that is not how I work.

I'm not saying that you are trying to scam anyone. I think it's likely that you don't know how the device actually works, or you can not explain it very well.

If this device alters the relationship between the accelerator and throttle body/blade operation, it should be able to be shown visually with a true real-time data logging program like Cipher.

You mentioned that you were a registered Osiris Tuner shop with Cipher. How about posting a Cipher graph that identifies how this device works? All you need to log is the engine RPM. the accelerator, and the throttle graphs. If that doesn't show any difference with and without your device, I would be hard pressed to say that there was any difference.
It modifies the signal from the pedal to the throttle body, essentially tricking the throttle body into thinking that the pedal is depressed further than it is, therefore making the throttle blade open more than it normally would at that same throttle level.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
deviljon

have any of the testers for this product experienced any side effects with their car?
Old 04-09-2009, 05:50 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by deviljon
have any of the testers for this product experienced any side effects with their car?
None that we are aware of. We've had one on our G35 for several months now and I have a customer in Miami who has been using his for over 3 months as well. So far so good.

I'm interested to see if anyone else has had an issue though, as none have been reported to us.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 AM
deviljon

recently my car had some issues.. i haven't pinpointed where the problem came from so i'm not saying it's the sprint booster... but a guy i know had the same problem and he's got the sprint booster as well.

i'll post again when i find out what happened exactly..
Old 12-19-2010, 09:38 AM
bschlatt

Originally Posted by Row2K
According to the chart that was posted earlier, THAT is exactly what the booster does, it simply increases the throttle angle vs a certain throttle input. It works like a simple function multiplier, its not hard to understand. ALL IT DOES IS MULTIPLY THE THROTTLE INPUT OVER A CERTAIN RANGE (anyone with a basic understanding of algebra should get this) , it does not make the car react faster, thats physically impossible without some mechanical alteration. And also, you are not making this any easier by throwing in these ridiculous one line infomercial claims.

SO TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, YES !! You would get the same result by mashing the throttle harder or faster. Think about it people, it doesn't add any power ! So what does that mean ?! That logically means its not making your car quicker, so the illusion of extra power is simply coming from the angle of the throttle being higher vs the usual throttle pedal input.

heres an experiment for you. Have someone with a really heavy foot drive your car while your a passanger, then have your mom drive it while your sitting passanger seat again. Guess what ? It will feel faster when the heavy footed driver is behind the wheel. Why ? Becouse that person is mashing the throttle, and that is exactly what the booster is doing for you , it is in fact manipulating the electronic input (multiplying the input over a certian range according to a pre-set map to be precise), but it sure as hell is not making your car react faster, THAT IS AN ILLUSION.

god, i feel like im taking crazy pills reading this. This thing should be on par with the turbonator.

You are right on the money!!! $300 is a bunch to pay for not having to push the gas pedal down as far!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bschlatt
You are right on the money!!! $300 is a bunch to pay for not having to push the gas pedal down as far!

That new info made this dead thread bump worth while hey new guy the posts have dates in the top left corner take a look before posting!!

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 12-21-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 AM
kajuraelai

thread troll RAWR
Old 12-21-2010, 09:57 AM
TheBlue350z

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deviljon
recently my car had some issues.. i haven't pinpointed where the problem came from so i'm not saying it's the sprint booster... but a guy i know had the same problem and he's got the sprint booster as well.

i'll post again when i find out what happened exactly..
What kind of problems are u having with your car?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 AM
deviljon

back when i had the sprint booster on my car a while ago my car went into limp mode on the highway. the last mod i had installed was the sprint booster which was on for a few weeks. had a problem with the radiator completely dying on me and although i know i can't directly make that correlation, my friend who had also just installed the sprint booster had the same EXACT problem with his car.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:18 AM
TheBlue350z

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the product and wouldnt mine wasting the money to get a better throttle response, but i just dont want it messing up my car.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
deviljon

as a previous owner i can vouch for the people saying that the "better throttle response" is really just like giving the car more gas. not worth it at all.