Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer, Looking for Testers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:48 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer, Looking for Testers

The Sprint Booster is well known in European car communitites for it's ease of installation and instant improvement in throttle response. Z1 Motorsports is now stocking these for 350Z and G35 applications. We have been testing one out on our company G35 as well as multiple local customer cars. While it will not add peak HP on the dyno it will increase throttle reponse and will make the car react faster, and be faster in 1/4 situations.

Because this is not a product that can be easily dyno tested and confirmed. We are letting you have the chance to test it out for yourself and decide if it's worth buying or not. We are offering a 30 day trial run on all Sprint Booster purchases. Buy one, plug it in, if you're not pleased with it return it to us a full refund. You pay only the shipping charges.

To make it even better we're offering a special deal to the first 10 customers to buy one. You'll get the 30 day trial, in addition to a special discounted price. All we ask in return for this discounted price is that you post in this thread with your feedback of the product. Good or Bad, Love it or Hate it. We want to know about your opinion of it, once you've tried it out.

The Sprint Booster is available for G35 Coupe or Sedan and 350Z applications, 6MT or Auto. We have them in stock and ready to go.

Please PM, e mail, or call me for the intro special or to order. If you're local stop by the shop and let John install a Sprint Booster in your car and test drive it.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you stocking the two different part numbers (auto and 6m/t)? I've been told the 6 m/t is too aggresive. Although these types of devices work great on cars with poor throttle response from the factory, I don't think G/Z's have that issue.

IMO, a linear throttle response is ideal, even with drive-by wire vehicles.

There are plenty of more choices out there now too (e.g. buddy club).

Regardless, looking forward to seeing other's reviews.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:00 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Because these have mostly been marketed in the past to Euro markets the feedback on the Nissan / Infinity models is minimal. Here are some samples of feedback from other users:

" ...so had a SB installed on friday, after buying it from a local shop here in austria. my feedback: wow. everything the guys claim here is true. you do notice it, and unlike other forum members here, my g/f tried it out and she noticed immediately - considering it for her golf now "

" I want to share my experience with the Sprintbooster. First, I've got to say that this is definitely a good mod if you're a performance enthusiast. As the others have mentioned, the car feels more 'alive' and also far more sporty. The sprintbooster basically reduces the lag from the ECT by multiplying a certain amount you press on the gas pedal. So say before installing SB you have to press the pedal half way down to get your RPM jumping high to around 3-4k RPM. Now you only need to press it 1/4 down to get your RPM to the same point. "

" Having done 100 miles or so since installing it this morning, I can say the biggest improvement is from around 20/30mph. You just nudge the accelerator and get pushed back - much more than previously. I like the effect and will be keeping it. As noted above, effects will be more obvious without a remap, but I would recommend that everybody gets one. It's (relatively) cheap and if you don't have one, I certainly don't regret getting it. "

" Ok people...got it installed this afternoon. First impressions....I really like it! The car is alot more fun to drive. Can't tell you if the car would be any faster in 0 to 60 or the 1/4 mile but it feels alot more responsive especially at low speeds. It gives you the impression that would have more power. The throttle response is much quicker and i like it better than the stock way. For those worried that it would be too hard to drive in daily traffic....well it is not an issue...it's not like you're at WOT just when you touch the pedal. The install took about 2 minutes.... It's the kind of product that makes your car a little more fun to drive....sort of like the rear sway bar. So personally, i like this mod so far....i have spent $$ way worse than purchasing this device! "

In our own testing we have all been impressed with how much quicker the car will rev up and how much more responsive the throttle is. After driving with it on his G35 for a week Russell commented that once it was taken off of his car he noticed it more, and missed having the instant response.

Give me a call or PM for more info and be one of the first 10 to buy from us and get a special deal on yours. Once you try it will not want to return it.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:01 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much, Im interested
Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
are you stocking the two different part numbers (auto and 6m/t)? I've been told the 6 m/t is too aggresive. Although these types of devices work great on cars with poor throttle response from the factory, I don't think G/Z's have that issue.

IMO, a linear throttle response is ideal, even with drive-by wire vehicles.

There are plenty of more choices out there now too (e.g. buddy club).

Regardless, looking forward to seeing other's reviews.
We are stocking both part numbers. I was told flat out by Sprint not to install the 6 MT model in an auto because it can cause the transmission to downshift too many gears.

We didn't believe that the 350Z/ G throttle response was that bad either, until we tried this. Trust me, it made a difference. If you're interested in trying one out let me know and I can get you in on this promo deal. If it doesn't satisfy send it back and you're out $14 or so for shipping.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 AM
D-tuned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have PM
Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gabez33
how much, Im interested
PM sent.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:15 AM
cracka350z

im interested too....but this isnt like one of those ebay 500 + hp to the wheels universal power chips right? lol
Old 02-06-2009, 08:15 AM
ramkat

sorry new at this, how much? and is this install friendly?

thanks
ram
Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cracka350z
im interested too....but this isnt like one of those ebay 500 + hp to the wheels universal power chips right? lol
Nope, we're not making any claims as to horsepower gains. Just throttle response. We're also offering a 30 day trial run with it, if you don't like it and aren't satisfied all it costs you is the shipping cost. We refund the purchase price.

Originally Posted by ramkat
sorry new at this, how much? and is this install friendly?

thanks
ram
Very easy install, simple plug N play on the throttle pedal assembly. They are $299 retail. I'm offering the first 10 buyers a special deal on them, PM me for details on that.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:19 AM
quietkilla6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

price? i will be one of the first 10
Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
John@z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

Default It's so easy to install.

Takes about 10 seconds or so. If you're local I'll put it on for you. Better yet here's some pics.

Locate the TPS above the Accel pedal

Take the Sprint Booster

Plug into the TPS harness

Plug the Sprint Booster into the TPS

Have fun after install.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
VoodooJC

Is this safe on boosted/tuned cars?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 785 Posts

^+1

price shipped to 29630 please
Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
3FIDDYZED

I have one of these, great bit of kit and very noticable pulling in higher gears when overtaking.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thing multiplies the throttle input at low throttle positions? and you never posted how much it was. but kudos for not making stupid horsepower gains.

it would be easy to test with a Cypher though I would think. if it is working, the throttle position map should be much more dramatic, no?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
carlili4190

price shipped to 60523 is this something i could take off and on(without anything being out of place) if i needed to goto the dealership?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 AM
3FIDDYZED

Easy plug and play, no need for dealers to charge you £ (or $$ !!)

Just wondering if any of the info would shop up on my camp2?? Its not fitted yet so cant tell!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by quietkilla6
price? i will be one of the first 10
They are $299 retail, I can't post the special price here but if PM or call me I will be glad to give you the details.

Originally Posted by VoodooJC
Is this safe on boosted/tuned cars?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to use. Although when John tested it on a TT here it was very aggressive and broke the tires loose easily. Takes some adjusting in driving style.

Originally Posted by Chris @ Migliore
^+1

price shipped to 29630 please
They are $299 retail, please PM or call me for details on the intro production.

Originally Posted by 3FIDDYZED
I have one of these, great bit of kit and very noticable pulling in higher gears when overtaking.
Thanks for posting that, I was having a hard time finding any feedback from the Euro community on the Nissan applications, just Audi / BMW / VW mostly.

Originally Posted by Motormouth
this thing multiplies the throttle input at low throttle positions? and you never posted how much it was. but kudos for not making stupid horsepower gains.

it would be easy to test with a Cypher though I would think. if it is working, the throttle position map should be much more dramatic, no?
It could be tested pretty easily I think. After driving a few cars with it and letting local customer drive their cars with it we didn't really do much more testing, the change is easy to notice when driving.

Originally Posted by carlili4190
price shipped to 60523 is this something i could take off and on(without anything being out of place) if i needed to goto the dealership?
As I stated earlier they are $299 retail with a special promo offer right now that I can't post publicly. Please PM or call me for details.

It is very easy to install and uninstall, take a look at the pics John posted above. Very simple install.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 PM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

2 of the 10 promotional units are sold now. Contact me right away if you're interested in getting in on the promo deal.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer, Looking for Testers