Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer, Looking for Testers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:44 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Posted by FinallyGotaG on g35driver

"Bump for a great product.

I had one installed on Monday after I had a Z1 Clutch and flywheel installed and I have to admit, I have to re-learn how to drive this car.

Throttle response is instant! The car feels like it pulls harder from low to mid-range. I can't tell if its any faster but it def feels like it.

Booster FTW"
Old 02-18-2009, 05:46 AM
John@z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UofA350Z
I have an Osiris tune and was wondering how this would affect it. Are you saying it is still beneficial even if throttle body changes were made during the tune?
Yes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:26 AM
rh_334

found this today and i thought it might help explain what it does
Old 02-18-2009, 10:18 AM
WhiskeyHotel

Anybody have this on an AT? Opinions?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM
UofA350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may have to ride over and check it out then.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:21 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WhiskeyHotel
Anybody have this on an AT? Opinions?
See previous page, Vader's post. He has an automatic.

Originally Posted by UofA350Z
I may have to ride over and check it out then.
That's the best way to try it out. If you're close by just drop in the shop and let John plug one in and you can test it out and decide if you want it or not. So far only 2 people who have done that asked him to take it out. The rest bought them and went home with it.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Row2K

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
No, mashing the throttle twice as far or twice as hard will not have the same effect. I've had a customer who does a lot of highway driving report that he's seeing a major increase in fuel mileage on the highway because he doesn't have to mash the throttle as much, thus decreasing throttle blade angle.

What the Sprint Booster does is make the car react faster to the throttle input through electronic signal manipulation.
According to the chart that was posted earlier, THAT is exactly what the booster does, it simply increases the throttle angle vs a certain throttle input. It works like a simple function multiplier, its not hard to understand. ALL IT DOES IS MULTIPLY THE THROTTLE INPUT OVER A CERTAIN RANGE (anyone with a basic understanding of algebra should get this) , it does not make the car react faster, thats physically impossible without some mechanical alteration. And also, you are not making this any easier by throwing in these ridiculous one line infomercial claims.

SO TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, YES !! You would get the same result by mashing the throttle harder or faster. Think about it people, it doesn't add any power ! So what does that mean ?! That logically means its not making your car quicker, so the illusion of extra power is simply coming from the angle of the throttle being higher vs the usual throttle pedal input.

heres an experiment for you. Have someone with a really heavy foot drive your car while your a passanger, then have your mom drive it while your sitting passanger seat again. Guess what ? It will feel faster when the heavy footed driver is behind the wheel. Why ? Becouse that person is mashing the throttle, and that is exactly what the booster is doing for you , it is in fact manipulating the electronic input (multiplying the input over a certian range according to a pre-set map to be precise), but it sure as hell is not making your car react faster, THAT IS AN ILLUSION.

god, i feel like im taking crazy pills reading this. This thing should be on par with the turbonator.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:19 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Row2K
According to the chart that was posted earlier, THAT is exactly what the booster does, it simply increases the throttle angle vs a certain throttle input. It works like a simple function multiplier, its not hard to understand. ALL IT DOES IS MULTIPLY THE THROTTLE INPUT OVER A CERTAIN RANGE (anyone with a basic understanding of algebra should get this) , it does not make the car react faster, thats physically impossible without some mechanical alteration. And also, you are not making this any easier by throwing in these ridiculous one line infomercial claims.

SO TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, YES !! You would get the same result by mashing the throttle harder or faster. Think about it people, it doesn't add any power ! So what does that mean ?! That logically means its not making your car quicker, so the illusion of extra power is simply coming from the angle of the throttle being higher vs the usual throttle pedal input.

heres an experiment for you. Have someone with a really heavy foot drive your car while your a passanger, then have your mom drive it while your sitting passanger seat again. Guess what ? It will feel faster when the heavy footed driver is behind the wheel. Why ? Becouse that person is mashing the throttle, and that is exactly what the booster is doing for you , it is in fact manipulating the electronic input (multiplying the input over a certian range according to a pre-set map to be precise), but it sure as hell is not making your car react faster, THAT IS AN ILLUSION.

god, i feel like im taking crazy pills reading this. This thing should be on par with the turbonator.

Try one. Seriously, we've had people stand here in our show room and give that same speech only to leave 30 minutes later with one of these plugged in their car because when they drove it they wanted it.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Row2K

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
Try one. Seriously, we've had people stand here in our show room and give that same speech only to leave 30 minutes later with one of these plugged in their car because when they drove it they wanted it.
Thanks, but id much rather just mash the throttle a little harder and save my $250. Come to think of it, I might as well take the windshield out of my car...i bet that will make it 'feel' faster and probably won't cost half as much.

-im not gonna argue this anymore, however much it might make my blood boil. If you guys really want to trick yourselves into thinking your car is quicker go get this...there's a sucker born everyday.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:27 AM
CaliforniaJ

To help Bryan explain.... "quicker" is most times explained as "less time between point a and point b"

This is a simple Racepak log of the Sprint booster in a Honda fit.

The upper lines in the graph are "g" and the lower two are MPH....

In the top of the graph you can see the logs of lateral g force - g force vs time. Now to save argument, the G meter, and any other log on the G2X Racepak, cannot be altered to favor the readings of one graph to another. The Racepak will only ever start reading at 5mph+ . So the Sprint Booster installed shows the same start point as the non sprint booster equipped test/log. This log was a duration of almost 7 seconds. The lower part of the graph shows the ramp of speed/acceleration vs time. Again, logged from the start of 5mph. To get more elaborate, with the same hardware and software, you could overlay this on a route you took say around the track or city street, all done by GPS.

The Racepak G2X datalog system in this case was in the car and operating as a standalone data-logger . It is not tied into any OEM equipment or sensors of the car. You can take it from car to car in a matter of seconds… It only requires an antenna to sit on the roof to monitor GPS co-ordinates. A g-meter sits in the brain of the Racepak.

Each line in red hue shows data of the sprint booster installed, showing the differences in speed and impact of acceleration over the stock non sprint booster equipped car.

The graph shows each value taken vs time in seconds. In this graph the Sprint Booster made the car react faster. Hence a shorter time to get to "x"mph and a shorter time from initiating throttle to feeling the lateral g force of the car (impact of acceleration).

I'm not stating the car accelerates faster or makes the TB open faster. The SB decreases the time it takes from you pressing the pedal and the car reacting, regardless of your position of the pedal/TB. Results would be more noticeable in a manual trans car.

The log supports the main purpose of the SB, to cure the lag in the time it takes to get the car to react to pedal movement,
Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Still interested in hearing more from those of you who have been testing out the Sprint Booster the past few weeks.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
eldgebroni

i've read all the explanations back and forth and I don't think it "directly" answers questions. I am very interested in purchasing something that improves performance for a minimal cost, and I'm sure I'm not the only one? and this product certainly seems to deliver that, but, all I am trying to figure out is(this is taken from jb's example) if two identical cars, one equipped with the sprint booster, one without, mashed the pedal the exact same way, wouldn't the car with the SB be faster because you will be able to shift earlier since you are getting better throttle response? kinda like changing the FD? sorry if I am the only one who does not understand
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by eldgebroni
i've read all the explanations back and forth and I don't think it "directly" answers questions. I am very interested in purchasing something that improves performance for a minimal cost, and I'm sure I'm not the only one? and this product certainly seems to deliver that, but, all I am trying to figure out is(this is taken from jb's example) if two identical cars, one equipped with the sprint booster, one without, mashed the pedal the exact same way, wouldn't the car with the SB be faster because you will be able to shift earlier since you are getting better throttle response? kinda like changing the FD? sorry if I am the only one who does not understand
Yes, with two identical cars both being driven identically the car with the SB would react faster.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:14 PM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
$299 shipped to continental U.S. Coupon code SprintPromo gets the free shipping.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:02 AM
gldgremlin

interested price to 24426 for Auto.
edit - just looked at first page and submitted reply but now see price above.

Last edited by gldgremlin; 03-03-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:02 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gldgremlin
interested price to 24426 for Auto.
edit - just looked at first page and submitted reply but now see price above.
I've got them on the shelf for Auto and MT. Ready to ship.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:13 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

The new Sprint Booster website is up and running if you want to check it out for more details.

Sprint Booster USA
Old 03-17-2009, 10:44 PM
lanceccs

I got my Sprint Booster second hand and am in no way related to anyone from Z1 or Bryan.

Here it goes,

I have one and I would recommend. Its amazing how a small and afford device like this can make a diff.

The fact is this device doesn't give you additional BHP or Torque but it amplifies the signal going to the drive by wire throttle. It opens the throttle wider, earlier, than it usually would.

It is also known to fix some throttle not being 100% open.

Fixing takes less than 5 minutes and you would instantly notice the diff, you will feel much more torque and response. The most diff I felt is in 3 and 4th gear 3-4~ rpm. Its almost instant response and fun.

However, I have also noticed that this device simply move the G-force from the high rev to mid and low. When I floor my throttle now, I feel stronger G from low to mid and reaches a flat spot sooner. Some also claimed to have fast quarter mile time as well.

In fact, my locate dealer has so much confidence in this product that he would let people have a 3 days trail run with the device and 100% of the customers returned to pay up with a smiling face.

I could only compare this affordable mod to my Kinetics Plenum.

Last edited by lanceccs; 03-17-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have my DBW settings changed via Osiris, is there any benefit for me to use this? Will it negatively affect the DBW? I'm thinking of trying this out for fun.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Throttle Enhancer, Looking for Testers