Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Jwt clutch + oem fly = noise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Whiskii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jwt clutch + oem fly = noise?

I've read that light weight flywheels cause drivetrain noise because unlike the oem flywheel it is not dampened and dual mass. So the question is, will I get this noise if I use an oem flywheel with the jwt clutch? If so,
why?
Old 08-16-2009, 06:35 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I doubt if anyone would guarantee a particular noise or no-noise. Well at least not put their money behind it.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Whiskii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply david...

ur right - a guarantee would be too much to ask for but someone with first hand experience of noise/no noise would be a great indication (even if it isn't definitive).
Old 08-18-2009, 04:33 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I have first hand experience with that set up.........

I have JWT clutch with OEM fly in my car for about 2.5 years now. I track (drift & AutoX) the Z quite often.

IT IS QUIET!! for daily driving, etc....only noise i hear is when you turn the car off with out the clutch pedal pushed down to the floor. (disengaged) but thats pretty typical with the Z to hear the clutch chatter when killing the car.....i think with the jwt clutch only, it is a bit more pronounced.......but nothing like daily driving chatter from a light fly........i KNOW what that sounds like too......and you don't get that with the jwt clutch alone..

I can about guarantee that because most anyone with experience will agree that the noise does come from the lighter weight flys...

/thread

-J
Old 09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
codek

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
I have first hand experience with that set up.........

I have JWT clutch with OEM fly in my car for about 2.5 years now. I track (drift & AutoX) the Z quite often.

IT IS QUIET!! for daily driving, etc....only noise i hear is when you turn the car off with out the clutch pedal pushed down to the floor. (disengaged) but thats pretty typical with the Z to hear the clutch chatter when killing the car.....i think with the jwt clutch only, it is a bit more pronounced.......but nothing like daily driving chatter from a light fly........i KNOW what that sounds like too......and you don't get that with the jwt clutch alone..

I can about guarantee that because most anyone with experience will agree that the noise does come from the lighter weight flys...

/thread

-J
Sounds awesome. I think this setup is the most popular for z drivers? How much should labor and parts run and where did you get the part?

Last edited by codek; 09-01-2009 at 01:40 PM.