Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

No more hair to pull out, Throttle response!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the tail lights have been brought up before, and have been checked, but I think Tracker is on to something new to check for. I know that the ECU and the brake pedal are connected indirectly (as noted, the ECU power drain down proceedures requiring unplugging the battery and holding the brake pedal to drain all the capacitors) I'm wondering if there are any other circuits that could be causing the issue. I'd check around for anything that was not working electronically first. Once again, I can't imagine it has anything to do with the timing of the motor.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:17 AM
amr_electron

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
Sucks. This has got to be the weirdest case I've seen on a Z. Sad to hear it hasn't been resolved yet.
I'm also from Dubai. Which dealer branch handled your Z?
Al Mas'ood Auto in A.D .

Originally Posted by winchman
I still think it's a sensor that's "stuck" at a value that's acceptable to the ECU. However, since the value doesn't change, whatever it's controlling doesn't work like it should, and it's downhill from there. Turning the engine off resets the ECU, everything looks OK at first, then it repeats the process.

I'd look at the temperature sensor in the AT, since you already know it's not going into the lockup, which is a function of fluid temperature. Find out what the sensor outputs are supposed to be for different fluid temperatures, and make sure that's what it's putting out.
A value that's acceptable to the ECU should allow the car to run like it should as long as it's operating in an acceptable range. Fluid temperature sensor is inside the transmission housing, Have to find the right wires on the harness to check the voltage, Not sure if it can be monitored with cipher !!!

Speaking about the transmission, Is there any way to reset the TCM ?

Originally Posted by NissanTracker
I'll toss my exerience:

I had OEM tail lights and started running into an acceleration issue where the car always went into limp mode. I checked for leaks, replaced gaskets, then went off to the dealership. They found that the Tail light bulbs were bad... although they were working. Because of the change of resistance on the wire, ECU was going into limp mode. They almost charged me 350 dollars in labor for this, I got it covered for 100 under my extendewd warranty

-NissanTracker
Thanks for the P.M,

I don't think that brake override is my problem since i can use the cruise control. I tied ECU pin 101 to ground, Removed the tail light fuse, unplugged the brake light switch before with no change. I also drove the car with brake light switch unplugged from the brake pedal ( Brake lights always ON ), And didn't notice any difference !!!!!!

I may be getting cipher soon to do some logging, I will also be able to tell if the ECU is detecting the brake as applied or no .

Originally Posted by Zazz93
I think the tail lights have been brought up before, and have been checked, but I think Tracker is on to something new to check for. I know that the ECU and the brake pedal are connected indirectly (as noted, the ECU power drain down proceedures requiring unplugging the battery and holding the brake pedal to drain all the capacitors) I'm wondering if there are any other circuits that could be causing the issue. I'd check around for anything that was not working electronically first. Once again, I can't imagine it has anything to do with the timing of the motor.
Man, There's a night & day difference between accelerating with the gas pedal & switching to the cruise control, It's totally different car when i'm accelerating using the C.C . That makes me believe the dealer when they said that both engine & trans tested out O.K ... I checked the thread started by Vas_Z33 about aftermarket tail lights, The symptoms are pretty much similar except that cruise control didn't work him, While mine never failed to engage .