Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

HR transmission on DE motor (toyota 1uz related)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:37 AM
iridebmx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HR transmission on DE motor (toyota 1uz related)

Hi, this is my first post and thread on this forum. I come from Clublexus wanting to ask a few questions no one on clublexus knows since the HR CD009 is not a toyota transmission.

What I want to know is, would the HR transmission fit on the DE motor if all you did was make a bellhousing adapter plate and made a custom flywheel but used the DE clutch?

So far I know the bellhousing bolt patterns are different, slaves are completely redesigned(external-de/internal-hr), different clutches, different syncros/internals, but the same input and output shaft lengths and the same shifter brackets.... I am unaware of the spacing difference between the new slave cylinder and TOB design though, which I need to figure out if its different or the same.

I am trying to mate a HR cd009 to a sc400 1uz. It has been done before with a DE cd009 with a custom toyota 4 runner flywheel and a scion clutch kit. So the question on whether or not the HR tranny will fit onto the DE motor with those two different parts would help me know whether or not it could be done on my own car.

Thanks in advance for help.

And yes I did search very well about this but nothing I typed in really gave me the answers I was looking for... I know how it is when people don't use the search function on a forum you regular, frustrating answering the same thing over and over. SOrry if this is the case... I just couldn't find an answer myself.

Last edited by iridebmx; 07-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Exemption

Originally Posted by iridebmx
Hi, this is my first post and thread on this forum. I come from Clublexus wanting to ask a few questions no one on clublexus knows since the HR CD009 is not a toyota transmission.

What I want to know is, would the HR transmission fit on the DE motor if all you did was make a bellhousing adapter plate and made a custom flywheel but used the DE clutch?

So far I know the bellhousing bolt patterns are different, slaves are completely redesigned(external-de/internal-hr), different clutches, different syncros/internals, but the same input and output shaft lengths and the same shifter brackets.... I am unaware of the spacing difference between the new slave cylinder and TOB design though, which I need to figure out if its different or the same.

I am trying to mate a HR cd009 to a sc400 1uz. It has been done before with a DE cd009 with a custom toyota 4 runner flywheel and a scion clutch kit. So the question on whether or not the HR tranny will fit onto the DE motor with those two different parts would help me know whether or not it could be done on my own car.

Thanks in advance for help.

And yes I did search very well about this but nothing I typed in really gave me the answers I was looking for... I know how it is when people don't use the search function on a forum you regular, frustrating answering the same thing over and over. SOrry if this is the case... I just couldn't find an answer myself.
im sure it is possible with enough custom work done but why not just use the DE cd009 if its already been done and is already supported with knowledge and parts?
Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
iridebmx

found an hr very cheap very low miles with everything on it... was going to buy it than realized the things above were an "issue" than backed out until i could get further information. also i like the idea of the newer slave cylinder. its almost indentical to a t56 after you update it with the heavy duty metal z speed slave. also if the setup is compatible i could use the same research and parts with the hr transmission on my 1uz

right now i want to know about the hHR and whether it would work on a DE motor with its concentric slave cylinder ifyou got it mounted and used the DE pressure plate. im 99% sure it will as the spacing from each TOB shouldn't have been changed since each input shaft is the same length.... but who knows!!!!?? i would love some actual confirmation on this before i spend my money. its the only thing holding me back and really the last piece to the puzzle that is nissan tranny on toyota engine!

Last edited by iridebmx; 07-12-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:31 AM
iridebmx

anyone?