Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Full Build Questions... Big Horsepower Project ( 700rwhp )

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Status007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black350Z - Lol I love the avatar though.. G, T, F,,,,,,,,,O! That's probably what your stepfather humbly said to your Mother after meeting you for the first time lmao... WINNING!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Status007

Black350z... KthnxbyFUB, FFB SookAdee
Old 05-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Status007

Also regarding the CJM Stage 2 fuel system, I was doing research and are you sure that it is better to go that route as opposed to the AAM Stage one ($849) and add their surge system with the bosch pump ( $1200 ). They suspect that this route is the best fuel delivery for big hp
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Do a sweet ls swap. Wish I did....
Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Status007
Also regarding the CJM Stage 2 fuel system, I was doing research and are you sure that it is better to go that route as opposed to the AAM Stage one ($849) and add their surge system with the bosch pump ( $1200 ). They suspect that this route is the best fuel delivery for big hp
I don't know too much about the AAM stuff…I think bigger picture is you need a return fuel system…I went with the CJM s2…

this is just my opinion - but I would keep your comments about other members to a minimum and/or to yourself…I think you got a good thing going here and sure, maybe you could do some more searching, but I think it's also good to get fresh opinions and views of what you're about to attempt from people that have more experience than you(and I) and/or who have been down that road…

I don't know why people who only have negative things to say subscribe and comment on these threads…why waste your time on telling people how f'd up they are?…I chalk it up to an immaturity factor and a jealously factor…

and anyone that wants to flame me on this post or on my opinions - feel free, I JUST DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ME - waste your time all you want!

Last edited by bealljk; 05-16-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 AM
04.350z

Big dreams but good luck start a build thread and show us all how to make 700 whp
Old 05-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Status007

Originally Posted by bealljk
I don't know too much about the AAM stuff…I think bigger picture is you need a return fuel system…I went with the CJM s2…

this is just my opinion - but I would keep your comments about other members to a minimum and/or to yourself…I think you got a good thing going here and sure, maybe you could do some more searching, but I think it's also good to get fresh opinions and views of what you're about to attempt from people that have more experience than you(and I) and/or who have been down that road…

I don't know why people who only have negative things to say subscribe and comment on these threads…why waste your time on telling people how f'd up they are?…I chalk it up to an immaturity factor and a jealously factor…

and anyone that wants to flame me on this post or on my opinions - feel free, I JUST DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ME - waste your time all you want!
Lol that is legit. That is exactly what I'm talking about right there. Cool, well yes I am definitely trying to see the best route for fuel delivery, but to be honest this is not like the Supra or Evo forums... When I use the " search " option nothing too specific come up regarding the more elaborate responses.

Also I am most definitely looking for fresh opinions.. Listen I have been down this road with taking selective advice. The taboo don't scare me its the lack of enlightenment.. Where a lot of you say " search " which I will admit is a viable option and I have been doing much more of it, but I do have experience with fully built high hp cars and there are a lot of things I would have done differently if I was just patient enough to do the right research and ask the right people. So this is what I am doing... I'm not talking about throwing on some bolt-ons, I'm talking about building a reliable 700rwhp pump gas DD.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:49 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

This board is about par for the course, I've seen better and I've seen worse…I'm not very tough in real life so I'm not going to act behind a keyboard.

I like the search button but it only works so well…it's hit or miss…

I'm not suggesting this is your first rodeo…There is a well defined line in the sand … +/-500whp, dividing the people with bolt-ons and flash tunes and people with full-blown builds…

I'm not really going daily driver at this point, I have 62k miles on my car and I joke with my friends that the car won't see 80k miles…it's a toy, nothing more, nothing less...

back on topic…have you looked into cooling mods?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Status007

This board is about par for the course, I've seen better and I've seen worse…I'm not very tough in real life so I'm not going to act behind a keyboard.

I like the search button but it only works so well…it's hit or miss…

I'm not suggesting this is your first rodeo…There is a well defined line in the sand … +/-500whp, dividing the people with bolt-ons and flash tunes and people with full-blown builds…

I'm not really going daily driver at this point, I have 62k miles on my car and I joke with my friends that the car won't see 80k miles…it's a toy, nothing more, nothing less...

back on topic…have you looked into cooling mods?

Lol you know what I have been kickboxing since I was 5 and would consider myself a formidable opponent lol, but if I had as much hate as some of the people online I would be the number 1 fighter in the world. People get so damn aggressive online lol you'd think that they are Kelly Robinson 51-0 about to be 52... I actually to be honest don't mind it I think its funny and I play their games sometimes, but ok back on topic..

Yes I have looked into a few cooling mods.. To be honest as far as the intercooler goes I am not familiar with any and just did a search and nothing comes up regarding a big core intercooler. The intercoolers that come in the turbo kits do not seem like they are most optimal for the power levels I'm looking at because with C-16 I should be pushing close to 1000rwhp. So for intercoolers I am not sure yet.

As for oil coolers, I read good things about GTM's kit ( even seen one mounted on a intercooler, but if I find out that the ARC oil kit is better I might spend the $1,800 lol. Another route is asking Dynosty if they can fabricate some kind of custom kit I heard Dynosty is the boss around here.

I don't think I'm going to do a transmission cooler for the simple fact that I might just go with the Quaife QBE69 and from what I read that comes with an internal cooler which is cool. I also can get a decent deal on them from a friend.

Any cooling mods you suggest?

I'm not doing Forged Performance either, I read bad reviews about those guys. I'm going Dynosty, I called today and they are closed today and tomorrow so..

Another question.. Does anyone have an FP HTA GT4205R? That is the one I want

Last edited by Status007; 05-16-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Any cooling mods you suggest?
A guy on a local board (high altitude imports) was pretty influential about cool mods and suggested a 2-in-1 radiator / oil cooler combo…suggested anything by either fluidyne or C&R racing…which are hardcore nascar and circle track types…So I have a 30"x20"x4" radiator/oil cooler combo…along with a 12"x10"x2" oil cooler…

Have you considered a aftermarket radiator setup?

also, I bought a POS front bumper that I am hacking up to allow a good amount of airflow, I'm also looking for replacement hood that I can tear into…

no opinions on the HTA…

what are your plans for an ECU?

Last edited by bealljk; 05-16-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:22 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find answers to your questions here...

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php

Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ lmfao Rude
Old 05-16-2013, 11:31 AM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

how the **** did i miss this one, guess because retard posted in the wrong section. heres my contribution.

because

Last edited by jerryd87; 05-16-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 957 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Find answers to your questions here...

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php

a-****en men!

Noob asks about the strength of the 350z transmission and then asks if buying a sequential transmission from Quaife which holds lower TQ is the answer.

Then he claims to have a garage worth showing, but not showing it.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

how much time did you spend making those? They are clever…but, to quote myself...

I JUST DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ME - waste your time all you want!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Status007

Originally Posted by Cux350z
a-****en men!

Noob asks about the strength of the 350z transmission and then asks if buying a sequential transmission from Quaife which holds lower TQ is the answer.

Then he claims to have a garage worth showing, but not showing it.
There are two Quaife 6 Speeds... The one you are thinking of is the QEB60G the one I'm talking about is the new QEB69G and it is dog box straight cut which is by all means much less prone to wear. The one you are thinking of is rated to 450bhp the one I am thinking of is rated to 750+bhp.

Lol shows how much you know, much rather be new and aspiring than a delusional wanna-be B.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Status007

Jerry - Cool story lol, I was just in Maui with my girl for 10 days and stayed at the Shearton Resort, it was amazing. Food, drinks and nature is unbelievable.

Rude - I'm telling you man I have searched there are no elaborate explanations convincing me to settle on certain topics I have asked. Don't get cocky their are not many 1000rwhp Z set-ups ( with C-16 ) of course... Some of you act like this is a everyday situation lol
Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 PM
jerryd87

10 minutes not liking im doing anything else just sitting at the range, i know you dont but it lets people who might come across this to ignore what you say
how much time did you spend making those? They are clever…but, to quote myself...
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Status007

Jerry, as for you pathetic comment of " people making power on stock axles " is plain ignorant lol... Have you used the search option? Also your definition of " power " and mine are two different things I assure you.

Lol you are on some cookie chit bro, I'm on that next level... I need feedback from knowledgable sources which I'm sure after I talk to Dynosty I will have a much better understanding of things
Old 05-16-2013, 12:02 PM
jerryd87

hawaii is fine to vacation to but is a horrible place to live hate it here and cant wait to leave.
Jerry - Cool story lol, I was just in Maui with my girl for 10 days and stayed at the Shearton Resort, it was amazing. Food, drinks and nature is unbelievable.

Rude - I'm telling you man I have searched there are no elaborate explanations convincing me to settle on certain topics I have asked. Don't get cocky their are not many 1000rwhp Z set-ups ( with C-16 ) of course... Some of you act like this is a everyday situation lol

Quick Reply: Full Build Questions... Big Horsepower Project ( 700rwhp )