Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Full Build Questions... Big Horsepower Project ( 700rwhp )

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Status007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Build Questions... Big Horsepower Project ( 700rwhp )

Well I have been in the game for a long time. Had a Evo with 760awhp, basically the weak link of that car believe it or not was the transmission along with the transfer case ( Shep Built Drivetrain ), motor was great. I am not looking for a tuner car with a weak platform like my past Evo so I picked up a 2003 350z with only 19k miles, one owner just the dream scenario for buying used ( big garage, car cover etc ). Even though the supra has a great platform as well I just think the 350z with a 315's ( tires ), single turbo and reliable 700whp on PUMP GAS is where I personally am at.

After A LOT of research I will be placing the order ( most likely with conceptzperformance ) and a few outsourced parts elsewhere.

I WOULD LIKE CRITIQUE ON THE PARTS I HAVE CHOSEN. ALSO IF YOU COULD ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS I HAVE THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

I will ask the questions I have and then I will list the parts I have chosen. Once again this will be a SINGLE turbo'd application.

What intake manifold? From the research I have done it is either " Kinetix Velocity Manifold " or " CJM Racing Manifold "?

Who do I send my block / cylinder head too for Blueprints / Machine Work / Installation

Which turbo?

Can the transmission hold this kind of power like the Supra? or do I need to buy the 11,000 Quaife 6-Speed Transmission?

Which crank is the best for non-stroker applications ?

Is the AAM fuel surge system worth the $1200?

Which camshafts are the best for an application similar to mine?

Which short shifter is best?

Do I need ignition coils and if so which are the best?

I found these to be the best so far CP pistons / Carrillo H Rods / ACL Bearing / ARP L19 Studs / Ferra Valves / Weldon Fuel Pressure Regulator with -AN Fittings and Stainless Steel lines / Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft / DSS Pro Level Axles / RPS Twin Carbon Fiber Clutch / Quaife LSD

I think that about covers it let me know if you have any suggestions or critiques

Thanks

Last edited by Status007; 05-14-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:46 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Car stock has a CF drive shaft. Do a lot more research as it looks like you chose to just list parts with questions. If you searched you would see the cd009 trans is the way to go and will be fine. Short shifter for what? What does a Supra have to do with the Z? ST for what, I haven't seen many 700st Zs, maybe I look in the wrong section. How many non stroker cranks are there? Kinetix good god. What's wrong with Cosworth? What about injectors? Not sure what's involved in the AAM fuel system you speak of, but injectors for this build will be Close to that $1200 make. Just guessing there. Plus fuel pumps.

Guessing you want a reliable, good gas getting, 700hp, 8sec, street car on a budget. Idk maybe I'm tired. Good luck.

Last edited by graffkid732; 05-15-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Status007

Tired or need a tissue. Lol why are you crying right now though? Who said anything about a budget? Why? Are? You? Asking? Me? So? Many? Questions? That? Are? Irrelevant? To? The? Topic? Lol?

Who said the Supra has anything to do with the Z? What is wrong with Cossworth? What is wrong with CJM manifold? The AAM http://aamcompetition.com/i-4962496-...el-system.html
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 AM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...for-noobs.html
Old 05-15-2013, 02:44 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Dreamer thread gets dreamer comments. Research first and learn something. Were not gonna spoon feed you. Btw your list of parts are chit Paul walker. Maybe just get overnight parts from japan
Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 AM
graffkid732

Hah. All of my questions had to do with your ridiculous questions. You didn't mention the Cosworth manifold which is why I mentioned it since you obviously did little to no research or else you would have found all of these answers.

As for a "full build" you're forgetting brakes, suspension, wheel/tire setup, and depending on how "full" you're going there are a lot of other items missing.

Who knows what the supra has to do with a Z, you are the one who mentioned it in your op, not me.

So please sit here and tell me I'm wrong, or I'm crying, or I have no idea how to "build" a car.

Last edited by graffkid732; 05-15-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:11 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dreamer thread with no research done
Old 05-15-2013, 07:08 AM
Status007

Lol yesss comments are classic. Carrillo rods? CP pistons? Quaife? Those are " chit " parts? Lol what a foolish comment. I love how everyone acts so savvy and tough online lmao. I been making my own dreams come true since 1988.

Anyway I already have the best suspension and brakes etc ( brembo / moton ). Injectors are obviously ID.

Graffkid - You can not read very well lol the only reason the supra was mentioned was because it was personally inferior to me compared to the Z as stated, durrrrr lol

Seriously some of you need to get to good old fashion female in your life. I'm not dreaming over a Nissan so don't flatter yourselves lol. This is just going to be my daily driver I would share my garage etc but if you guys think I'm dreaming over a Nissan lol then I had better keep to myself so I don't cause anymore turmoil.

Lol thanks for the comments cookies
Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Status007

I stay away from cosworth btw. In addition to the cosworth there were a few others not mentioned as well. Considering cosworth is trash I would just be wasting money.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Status007

Watch everyone rage right now because I referenced cookies lol. Also Japanese and Chinese parts suck so I won't be buying them either. Paul Walker will not be overnighting sweet 1000hp stickers from Japan..

I got a feeling someone is bored and ready to " go off " on the new guys thread lmao. You guys make me laugh for real. The Nissan 350z club is SERIOUS.. You guys don't play no games!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 AM
graffkid732

No you just ask ridiculous questions that have been discussed already. Simple as that. You can not sit here and tell us you spent more than 5 minutes researching this. Next time do more reading and don't ask basic questions and you'll get much more serious responses.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Pholicious

Originally Posted by Status007
Well I have been in the game for a long time. Had a Evo with 760awhp, basically the weak link of that car believe it or not was the transmission along with the transfer case ( Shep Built Drivetrain ), motor was great. I am not looking for a tuner car with a weak platform like my past Evo so I picked up a 2003 350z with only 19k miles, one owner just the dream scenario for buying used ( big garage, car cover etc ). Even though the supra has a great platform as well I just think the 350z with a 315's ( tires ), single turbo and reliable 700whp on PUMP GAS is where I personally am at.

After A LOT of research I will be placing the order ( most likely with conceptzperformance ) and a few outsourced parts elsewhere.

I WOULD LIKE CRITIQUE ON THE PARTS I HAVE CHOSEN. ALSO IF YOU COULD ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS I HAVE THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

I will ask the questions I have and then I will list the parts I have chosen. Once again this will be a SINGLE turbo'd application.

What intake manifold? From the research I have done it is either " Kinetix Velocity Manifold " or " CJM Racing Manifold "?

Who do I send my block / cylinder head too for Blueprints / Machine Work / Installation

Which turbo?

Can the transmission hold this kind of power like the Supra? or do I need to buy the 11,000 Quaife 6-Speed Transmission?

Which crank is the best for non-stroker applications ?

Is the AAM fuel surge system worth the $1200?

Which camshafts are the best for an application similar to mine?

Which short shifter is best?

Do I need ignition coils and if so which are the best?

I found these to be the best so far CP pistons / Carrillo H Rods / ACL Bearing / ARP L19 Studs / Ferra Valves / Weldon Fuel Pressure Regulator with -AN Fittings and Stainless Steel lines / Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft / DSS Pro Level Axles / RPS Twin Carbon Fiber Clutch / Quaife LSD

I think that about covers it let me know if you have any suggestions or critiques

Thanks
Single turbo kit - Boosted performance with Precision 6766
You will need good headers though

Dynosty for building your block

You don't need cams

CD009 transmission from a newer 350z

You don't need ignition coils

You don't need a short shifter

You don't need valves

You don't need a crank

CP Pistons and Carillo rods are good

Quaife LSD is good

You don't need a drive shaft or axles

You need to do more research
Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 AM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

To help you out OP, I'll give you the 411...so to speak. For a turbo kit I would run the turbonetics kit, everyone on here knows it is hands down the BEST kit to make big power numbers. As for the shop to do the engine build I would choose Forged, as they always seem to deliver what they promise, especially in the GT-R community. There is also an engine builder named Scott Bush, he has a great reputation on here. Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Status…

this is all my opinion…take it with a grain of salt, take everything on this board with a grain of salt…in fact take life with a grain of salt…

I have a bunch of respect for the evo, I don't really like them but I respect them…welcome to the VQ world…

keep dreaming…make those dreams come true and start the thread bc I want to see it happen -

The z has the carbon fiber drive shaft, it'll support your 700whp but if it has any sort of damage it may fracture and **** the bed…this happened to me pushing maybe 350whp…the only way to know is when you break it, you'll know…the CD009 is a good place to start…plan on snapping your axles too…drive shaft shop makes potent replacements…

I think you mean C16 when you say 'pump gas'…I don't think your standard 93 octane will support anything too much higher than 450-500whp without the risk of detonation…and with that being said…700whp is about the top of the mark (I think) you'll see without going E85…I say this because I see very few VQ35DE making bigger numbers than high 500 / low 600whp...

Have you ruled out a twin turbo setup? I think you can make big numbers with a single turbo but spool up time to make that power is longer(you probably already know this)...

For the time being I would stick with the OEM intake manifold and add a plenum spacer(I may get flamed for this, but IDGAS) but I think it's a good option until proven otherwise…

Have you looked into Import Parts Pro dot com? I like them and they do consistently good work…look at their website and see what you think...

As far as turbos…not a big single turbo guy … so I have no idea...

Stick with the OEM crank, it'll support your 700whp

Look into CJM Stage 2 fuel delivery…you will need dual pumps and big injectors…once again, you know this...

Look at Import Parts Pro's build packages, they use alot of JWT cams, I would lean towards a 260 to 270 degree option...

I like the OEM shifter, a short shifter option is possibly but it's pretty good from the factory

Making 700whp is going to generate quite a bit of heat…I would look into a higher capacity radiator and a large oil cooler(if not two medium sized ones - I run one off of a sandwich plate for the engine and one right before the turbos)…

I would also find a good deal on 2 or 3 rolls of exhaust wrap and a nice turbo jacket…I've gone nuts on 'heat management' (insert shameless self-plug)

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...win-build.html

what are you doing for exhaust - assuming a giant single outlet if you're going single turbo??
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I knew more than the op...lmao I not even going FI
Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Status007

Cool I appreciate the informative comments / links. I will most definitely share my end result as well and taking into consideration the strong faith in oem products I will not go dumping overkill into my project. I love Evo's as well but the platform is weak and I know a lot of people with fully built 740awhp+ Evo's who I have warned prior to going that route who agree with me now. I actually sold my Evo to a friend who fell in love with the car and bought it for 62k back in 2007/8 I had that much in mostly parts as labor was only 9,500 for the complete build. Anyway I'm excited to get this thing going...

I had the KW's on my Evo, I loved them, but I want Moton Coilovers for the 350z --- Anyone have a pair? How is the maintenance regarding the Moton Club Sport?
Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

wait what? moton? for what?
Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

someone has really lied to you then......!!

seriously.

if you thought your evo was weak, prepare for utter disappointment after you spend twice as much on the Z to make the same power.

Originally Posted by Status007
I am not looking for a tuner car with a weak platform like my past Evo so I picked up a 2003 350z with only 19k miles
Old 05-15-2013, 04:28 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Love the Tough guy you guys are hardcore comments. Please sell your Z go back to the chit evo forums and get spoon fed there. Please come back and show us ALL up with a RELIABLE 700hp Z with Moton coils idk wtf that is and cosworth is chit lmao and etc. KthxbyFUB
Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Status007

lol Huh? I could have made the same power for half the cost in my Evo I just decided to it right. Regardless the Z might be a little higher price regarding parts but do not forget the mandatory $10,000+ driveline required in an Evo ( preferably Shep products ) to adequately withstand 500awhp+. From the looks of it the Z's driveline is able to handle a lot of power unlike the Evo. The Evo is 100% weak when it comes to its driveline and engine. At the end of the day its a 2.0 liter motor and even though it did last me thousands of miles @ 700awhp its still wayyyy too much power for a 2 liter lol. Believe me I have been there unless your prepared to work on an fully built Evo every few thousand miles and worrying about the weak *** transmission / transfer case it is not for you. Luckily my transmission was ok just had problems with the transfer case along with all the rest of my friends who have a similar set up.

Black350Z - You are a perfect example why parents should monitor their children's online activities, hahah

And again I do not mind " spending " lol I just want a solid build and you can not get that from any 2 liter, end of story. I mean you can get 450-500awhp on a daily basis with not much problems but throw a few hundred hp to the wheels and you have a whole different animal...

Last edited by Status007; 05-15-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Full Build Questions... Big Horsepower Project ( 700rwhp )