Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Routing engine and transmission harness?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Nackers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Routing engine and transmission harness?

About 4 years ago I took it apart, and now I'm finally getting to putting it back together, but I'm having issues trying to route the engine, transmission, body and sub harnesses for the car.

Specifically on routing, I'm having issues with:

How the trans harness should be going down towards the right side of the transmission.

Knock sensor sub harness and where it plugs in.

Separating body harness from engine harness

Starter harness

Alternator harness

Oil temp

Etc...

I've been looking at random engine bay photos trying to figure out where everything goes, but if I could get a call out for each plug, I feel like that will be much more helpful.

Please help me get this thing back together.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Nackers

Thanks for the help. I got it I guess.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:19 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 1,311 Likes on 910 Posts

Gotta say, I never saw this thread when it was first posted. But like many of the in-depth tech questions posted here, there are few easy answers to post. Not even the FSM usually deals with wiring routes. It's usually easier to find a local Z owner and persuade them to allow you to look their car over from time-to-time on a lift.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 786 Posts

Trans harness runs down the right side towards the output shaft/shifter bracket and then on around to the last connector.

Altenator harness starts at the starter, then up to the alt and then up to the mounting point on the pass side coolant pipe and then into the battery box

Oil temp? You mean pressure? It is part of the harness that comes off the passenger side of the main harness. Runs down plugs into the ps pump pressure, alternator, then to oil pressure and finally onto the ac condenser pressure

knock harness is a keyed baby blue connector that plugs in at the back of the motor onto the main harness and then into the knock sensor that is in the valley of the motor...easy to install once you remove the lower manifold.

Main harness does all the zig zagging in the back and then wraps around the pass side, then front of motor and then drive side..ending at the TB/Driver side o2.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Nackers

Ahh... well no problems. I had ran the harness once and as you know, the car didn't start. After I took the motor back out and hooked everything up again, it now works fine.

I was just second guessing my wire routing at the time because I couldn't find pictures and it had been so long since I took it apart.