Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch fork not aligned with slave cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 01:40 PM
WizzRobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch fork not aligned with slave cylinder

Hello all, any idea why my clutch fork isn’t aligned with my slave cylinder? Should the slave be replaced or is it possible the fork is jammed somehow?

I replaced my clutch last weekend and cleaned inside the trans, the throw out bearing, and replaced the pivot ball. Is it possible I screwed up the way the fork aligns with the slave when reattaching it to the ball?

Images below.

Also if this helps, I noticed some issues with my clutch pedal sticking once I put everything back together. I flushed fluids, bled my lines, done just about everything but replace the slave. I am waiting for my slave replacement in the mail and am running a Wilwood master cylinder so wasn’t really expecting my pedal to start sticking.

Old 04-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

its like it is only hooked on one side of the bearing sleeve
The following users liked this post:
Atreyu'z 350 (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 05:43 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by WizzRobe
Hello all, any idea why my clutch fork isn’t aligned with my slave cylinder? Should the slave be replaced or is it possible the fork is jammed somehow?

I replaced my clutch last weekend and cleaned inside the trans, the throw out bearing, and replaced the pivot ball. Is it possible I screwed up the way the fork aligns with the slave when reattaching it to the ball?

Images below.

Also if this helps, I noticed some issues with my clutch pedal sticking once I put everything back together. I flushed fluids, bled my lines, done just about everything but replace the slave. I am waiting for my slave replacement in the mail and am running a Wilwood master cylinder so wasn’t really expecting my pedal to start sticking.

If it didn't look like this prior to you doing all of that, then yes, it is possible that you screwed up the reassembly.. Take it apart, inspect, correct, then reassemble. Page CL-13.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/coupe/2005/cl.pdf
Old 04-09-2018, 12:02 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

I feel like if you take the slave off you can finagle the fork into the bearing
Old 04-19-2018, 09:54 AM
WizzRobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting ready to try this weekend. Thanks for the valuable info and the link.

Is there any explanation as to why the clutch pedal is nice and stiff and comes right back up when the car is off but sticks down when it’s on? If the physical position of the fork was causing it to stick, wouldn’t it stick when the car was off as well?