Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nismo Flywheel... No Noise At All!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:14 AM
Z350Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Nismo Flywheel... No Noise At All!!!

I was afraid that there might have some noise on the nismo flywheel before I installed it... but with many encouragements from members here.... I took half a day off from work and got it on my car....

SOOOOO amazing that there is no noise AT ALL.... not even at the lower rpm though... At first, I got the noise, but that was due to the loose screw at the gear shift area.... it made the noise ONLY at the lower rpm until I tighten them up... and no noise at all...

Here is the link to those pictures and the rest of my review... Oh... don't read the first post because that was the review with the loose screws which made a lot of lower rpm noise! you guys might want to check this out to see if this is the problem!

Big thanks to Jason At Performance Nissan... and yes.... he sent the product from the States to down here! He offers the best deal and the best services!!!

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....705#post713705

cheers,

richie
Old 03-09-2004, 05:11 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Nice write-up... and agree with you entirely regarding the driving feel with the NISMO flywheel. However, I have the usual and normal gravelly noise when at idle.

I am surprised you didn't go with the entire S1 setup at one time. Not certain if it's sold or available at this time in Australia.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Z350Lover

I wanted to go for the S1 setup, but that's out of my range at this stage. That's why I am saving up more and hopefully can be able to get the s1 engine at the end of the year.

I am afraid that the computer from Japan is not compatible with the ecu here in Australia though. One member down here (Nathan who races his Z in Australia Production racing event) imported his z from Japan and he said that when he tried to plug in the aussie spec. ecu, the car just will not start. I am not sure if the ecu can be able to recognise the car though... that's also the biggest problem that I am worrying. don't wanna get something that doesn't wory at all. As for the fuel type, we have Octane 98 here, so it will need to be tuned up to suit lower grade fuel here too....

cheers,

richie