Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Stroker Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by FLY BY Z

infindsg35, liters is the metric way to measure cubic inches. so, technically, i guess increasing liters does increase cubic inches, although one does not cause the other. it's the same.
Huh,.........I just didn't want anyone to think I was giving a power number as a statement of fact, it's hypothetical. Didn't want my head bitten off.

BHP per liter, instead of using 1000cc's I reduced the Z's specific output to a per 100cc's figure. Took that per 100cc figure and timed it by 8 (for 800cc's), that's how I got my estimate. It does not factor in any possible benefits that might be rationalized from the larger bore and longer stoke that might increase the power to displacement ratio of the oem powerplant.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:17 AM
ZRAYGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am definately looking into this. I will try and keep you updated...
Old 04-05-2004, 03:28 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive got another block at AEBS right now, bought it brand new from Nissan and had them sleeve it... i have been thinking of this stroker kit since they told me about it like 6 weeks ago.

-charles
Old 04-05-2004, 03:35 AM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by Gsedan35
Huh,.........I just didn't want anyone to think I was giving a power number as a statement of fact, it's hypothetical. Didn't want my head bitten off.
whats this all about? did i say something to upset you? did you change your screen name?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:06 AM
ether

Originally posted by basam350z
I'd love to do this instead of FI. The 11.5:1 should yield about 393 HP with 4.3 liters. You'd still have to upgrade fuel, injecters and the ECU.
this does look enticing.. wondering if anybody could point to the items that one would have to upgrade.. could someone list the mandatory additional mods that a 11.5 NA build up would entail and the optional mods.. thanks
Old 04-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

whats this all about? did i say something to upset you? did you change your screen name?
DOH!, I see, you were talking to someone else. Obviciously I thought you were talking to me. I should have looked for the screen name you gave, I thought you loosely translated my screen name. I SORRY!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:05 AM
infidsg35

LOL change you screen name LOL.. Ha Ha wasnt me... That was a nice lil mix up...
Old 04-05-2004, 09:12 AM
DrCold

Well, I for one am VERY interested in this kit. As long as it can be built up to spin to around 8k. I love big low end power, but with the Z I want some high revs. Something about this car just makes me want to wind it up.

Last edited by DrCold; 04-05-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Jsn350Z

I am also very intrested. So long as the revs are not lower then stock and the price isnt absolutly rediculous.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:02 AM
mpol99

Wow, this looks very cool. I can't wait to see a member do this upgrade!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:32 AM
phile

I'm interested also. Someone already asked this, but if anyone knows, what in total has to be done to support this kit?
Old 04-05-2004, 10:55 AM
stx

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
I am also very intrested. So long as the revs are not lower then stock and the price isnt absolutly rediculous.
As Fly By Z said if you strengthen your valvetrain. Also, you will have to put a cam that will allow you to rev that high.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Dom

I want it. Perfect mod in my opinion.
11,5:1 is just fine ;-)
Old 04-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the valvetrain is not the real limiting factor in upping the rev on this car though - thought not sure what the stroker exactly comes with, so hard to know where it would be limited to
Old 04-05-2004, 01:56 PM
newtkindred

How it would rev depends on what you do with the valvetrain. We race V8's that we shift at 8K RPMs. Yes, the overall potential of RPM will be lower with a stroked motor, but it will not be less than what a built valvetrain is capable of. Especially on a street motor. With built heads, you can still rev the VQ to 7K or 8K if you want to no matter what displacement you have it at.

infindsg35, liters is the metric way to measure cubic inches. so, technically, i guess increasing liters does increase cubic inches, although one does not cause the other. it's the same.
I wonder how light the rods and crank are. That would influence the response of the engine. What about adding a knife edge to the crank too.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:29 PM
nastyZ

We were talking to them on Friday also, and we were told that the whole stroker kit would run about $5K, which is not bad, considering what the kit comes with.

The estimated horsepower would be in the range of 450-500 whp, however (and this is what sucks), in order to achieve that horsepower, the car would have to run on nothing but race fuel.

In other words, the car would not be a daily driver. Talk about bursting someone's bubble.

The good thing, however, is that they will build the kit based on what your goal is. For example, you want FI, you tell them, and the kit is made that way. You want to run on the bottle, again, the kit is made that way, empasizing on the week points of motor components for each application.

I would love to do it to my car as long as I know that I can also toy around in the streets when ever I feel like taking my car out.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:33 PM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nastyZ
We were talking to them on Friday also, and we were told that the whole stroker kit would run about $5K, which is not bad, considering what the kit comes with.

The estimated horsepower would be in the range of 450-500 whp, however (and this is what sucks), in order to achieve that horsepower, the car would have to run on nothing but race fuel.

In other words, the car would not be a daily driver. Talk about bursting someone's bubble.

The good thing, however, is that they will build the kit based on what your goal is. For example, you want FI, you tell them, and the kit is made that way. You want to run on the bottle, again, the kit is made that way, empasizing on the week points of motor components for each application.

I would love to do it to my car as long as I know that I can also toy around in the streets when ever I feel like taking my car out.
So would 400 rwhp be a good assumption on pump gas? Are all the internal components forged?
Old 04-05-2004, 06:34 PM
black350

say goodbye to you transmitions.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:45 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to elaborate and mention the race fuel only is for the ultra high compression options.

The 8.5 FI option would be fine on pump fuel, as would the 11.0... that 11.5 is starting to near the range that race fuel is a nice "Safety net".

As for everything that is included... did I miss that?

$5k gives you what? Stroked crank, pistons, rods, etc???? Or ONLY the stroking portion or the kit itself?

If it's $5k for all that is a BARGAIN, considering pistons, rods, etc are over $3k on their own.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Mr B

Uh, who did you talk to over there? I talked to the guy in charge at SEMA IAS, Ben, and he told me it'd be around $7800 retail. The kit includes the sleeves, pistons, rods, and crank. You have a choice between the 8.5CR, 11CR, or the 11.5CR. Not sure if they tested it yet, but they believe that you can go all day long with 600whp on pump gas. Mind you, they are based here in California with the crap 91 gas we got. If you can get them for 5k, do share cuz I have cash in hand for one for 5k.

-Brian

Originally posted by nastyZ

Quick Reply: Stroker Kit