Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

calling all so cal's twin turbo 350's

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 03:22 PM
ZRAYGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by nonmature
alright I am amazed at the stupidity here... my TT will win just cause it has 2 turbos and because the my engine is bigger... the latter sounds a lot like American Muscle believers here... point being some engines and cars are made for different things... as far as boosting what good is a twin turbo if you are boosting normal pressures and yes the Z boost relatively normal pressures... EVO's boost 19.5 from the factory and many of the guys are boosting up around 21.5 stock... honestly I dont think any of the AWD's were meant fro drag racing and I am amazed as to the extent that any of them have become drag cars... but any of you that say that a Z just absolutley dominate an EVO or Sti through the turns is f%^&in stupid... There is an article I dont remember in what magazine(was a big one ie import tuner, turbo, or sport compact car) with the Borla 350z on the front that came out a few months ago anyone read it.... take a llok inside and the "Incognito Evo" Its low boost pressure setting makes more HP than the High boost pressure setting of the Z... point is dont judge... I think that all of the above have not realized their true potential... and there are drawbacks to even the Z... The STI has a new engine and the Z has yet to be truly unleashed as well... they all are completely different looks and completely different cars...

by the way ZRAYGO email me because I want to see if you would like to run in an event with me... nonmature@hotmail.com

-non
pm sent
Old 05-19-2004, 03:30 PM
mitchwrx

How funny
I'm a troll or slug or whatever else I was called
How come this forum has more responses than the others?
It looks like you Z owners found something to talk about
I am still curious what are your 1/4 mile times.... someone has had to have run it
Old 05-19-2004, 04:59 PM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by mitchwrx
How funny
I'm a troll or slug or whatever else I was called
How come this forum has more responses than the others?
It looks like you Z owners found something to talk about
I am still curious what are your 1/4 mile times.... someone has had to have run it
People just messing around have run 12.6s without knowing much about racing on street tires. One guy here with a supercharger has run a 12.3 with less torque than the TTs. And people with slicks and nitrous have run 11.7 or better. Since the cars aren't exactly turboed from the factory, there really aren't that many of them. And since only a few race, a few of not many is a very small number. And you may not believe it, but some people don't race their cars because 1/4 times don't matter to them.

Here, let me help you out.
Attached Thumbnails calling all so cal's twin turbo 350's-answers.jpg  
Old 05-19-2004, 06:07 PM
KrazY-2K

Originally posted by UsafaRice
\
Here, let me help you out.

That's a great picture.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:08 PM
mofoz

can you say OWNED.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:04 AM
nonmature

and the stupidity continues.... sad to say I dont give much credit to anyone who races on slicks at the track and then brags about it on the street... I know that I should but it has always seemed a little pointless to me.. Thats why I will always use streettires or some form of... I want to know want my car will run right now if I decided to race... not "when I go home and switch my tires, and my 15 inch rims on" ... and you dont have to be turboed from the factory to run good times... there are plenty... one of the guys at the shop I go to ran 12.7 in his old EK with azenis' on it all motor, and he drives it every day... damn it just wait and the times will come...

-non