Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Jaerian - Bad Scammer Story #2!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Mean Gene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Jaerian - Bad Scammer Story #2!!

Guys - Guess ya'll can count me as Jeremy's second victim!! I tried to buy his NX kit ( did he even have one?? ) for $380. I sent him a personal check for that amount & after 2 weeks, I PM'd him to inquire about the kit's shipment. He claimed that he'd had trouble with his home mail service ( the Watermarke address that acerys listed - something about just moved there ) & that he'd never received my check. I checked my bank online & the check never cleared. He offered to go ahead & send the kit & asked me if I'd mind stopping payment on that check & sending a new one to his work address. I agreed & went to Bank One to stop payment but ( like a too trusting idiot ) went ahead & sent him a money order for ANOTHER $380. Unfortunately, I should have waited until the stop payment went through because the next day the first check cleared. When I PM'd Jeremy, he said that he didn't bank with Wells Fargo ( the bank that cashed the check in Cali ) so I suspected bank fraud. I filed some paperwork with my bank & asked Jeremy to fill out the same papers so that I'd get the funds put back ( heck, I even sent him a SASE to return the papers to me in!! ). He then claimed that his "assistant" had shipped the NX kit but threw away the USPS tracking numbers but that he'd start a trace from his end. He also claimed that he'd just gotten back from SEMA but that his "attorney" would notarize the Bank One papers & return them to me. Since then ( 3 weeks ago ), there's been no kit OR paperwork plus he hasn't returned any of my PM's so I guess I'm SOL!! Like acerys, I'm too trusting but I've been a car enthusiast website member for over a decade ( 4 years each on ClubLexus.com & CorvetteForums.com + the last 2 years here & on G35Driver.com ) & this is the first time I've ever been scammed so maybe I've been fortunate ( doesn't feel that way, though ). I'll try some of the advice & site ya'll gave acerys & let ya know what happens ( if anything ).

Gene
Old 11-17-2004, 08:44 PM
acerys

"attorney"??? The same way he did to me
Old 11-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Vash350Z

Find someone who lives near him and have him/her burn his house down?
Old 11-17-2004, 09:55 PM
kamz

it only takes one bad apple to ruin it all... lots of trustworthy people selling stuff on here but I would never send someone a money order because of these instances...

sorry for your loss guys, lesson learned... use paypal...
Old 11-17-2004, 10:19 PM
BoostTed

my question is why isnt his account suspended here? The least the admins could do here is suspend his account so he can not rip off more people or until the matter is resolved.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:49 AM
Mean Gene

Angry It's a Thought!!

Originally posted by Vash350Z
Find someone who lives near him and have him/her burn his house down?
Any takers??!!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:10 AM
JimRHIT

ouch, sorry to hear bout this dude. did you recieve pics of it and everything? I know its easy to say now, but NEVER send money without some sort of proof of goods. Its too easy to get excited about mods and just send out cash.

when ya do get it all settled. I actually HAVE a NX kit that I am selling, if you were interested.
good luck,
jim
Old 11-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Mean Gene

Smile Letcha Know Tonight!

Jim - I've got a bid on eBay for a ZEX kit BUT if I get outbid ( ends this afternoon ) then I'll PM ya & we'll discuss it.

Yep, I was excited about moving on with the NX installation ( had a car show coming up ) so perhaps I did "knee-jerk" my reaction but, as I explained in the long text, this is only time in a decade that I've been screwed over. I always thought that since we all shared a common interest ( on an enthusiast website ) that we'd be fair to each other. I'm 46 so maybe I'm too old school but I had hoped that honesty & integrity still existed.

Gene

BTW - I see that Jeremy is back over here as "ToPsEcReT G35" with a similar complaint over a nitrous kit ( mine, perhaps? ) but with a better ending.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=84842

Last edited by Mean Gene; 11-18-2004 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:49 AM
JimRHIT

Z BOY, who was getting screwed over is a friend of mine ... that was a hell of an ordeal.

Good Luck with the auction, but just to let you know, it only costs $15 to ship a NX kit across the entire country (NH to CA) not $32 like the auction wants.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Mean Gene

Default Won eBay Bid

Jim - Thanks for the offer but I won the eBay action ( paid $375 for the ZEX kit ). I've always suspected that S&H charges were padded but I would not have guessed doubled!! Wonder who's getting rich on those!

Gene

BTW - Count me in on the Christmas Toy drive!! I'll definitely kick in some cash via PayPal.

P.S. - No, I never received any pictures of the kit from Jeremy. I suppose that I should be grateful that I'm only out $760 instead of being poor acerys ( isn't his loss almost $4k?? ).

Last edited by Mean Gene; 11-18-2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:59 PM
JimRHIT

Well, glad to hear you got the juice ... you will love it

You can PM me and I will give you info on where to donate to.

Jim
Old 11-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Speedious

He used the mail system to recive the check.
Contact the postal service, it is mail fraud and will be investigated by the FBI since it was cross state lines.
You have no idea what kind of hole he just dug for himself.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Mean Gene

Question Mail Fraud?

Speed - I knew that the check was a bank fraud issue ( no, I'm still giving Jeremy the benefit of the doubt & NOT calling him a crook ) but mail fraud? I suppose that depends on whether or not this was a scam or truly a bad situation, right? I'm an engineer ( engiNERD - HA!! ) & not an attorney so school me here.

Gene
Old 11-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JimRHIT
Z BOY, who was getting screwed over is a friend of mine ... that was a hell of an ordeal.

Good Luck with the auction, but just to let you know, it only costs $15 to ship a NX kit across the entire country (NH to CA) not $32 like the auction wants.
When i resold and shipped to Louisiana the kit i finally received from Jeremy Operana/jaerian/topsecretg35/beej, usps charged me thirty-something bux for shipping. I hear dhl is cheaper.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:02 PM
350G

If you all want to play fair and start creating a paper trail, send him a certified letter that specifically outlines the series of transactions and his failure to complete the contract in good faith. By providing a specific deadline and having it certified mail, once that deadline passes, it is indeed mail fraud since he is engaging in illegal activity, using the postal service as his delivery method / criminal tool. Once this happens, notify:

http://www.ic3.gov/

Its a partnership between the "FBI" and "National White Collar Crime Center." They basically serve as the delegator for these activities by notifying the appropriate personal / jurisdictions.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:19 PM
Mean Gene

Question Louisiana?

Z - So why didn't ya ship that kit to ME here in Louisiana?? Wait - maybe that's Jeremy's next excuse. I can hear it now - "I shipped the kit to you, Z BOY, for YOU to forward it on to Mean Gene so it's YOUR fault!!!!"
Man, I just gotta laugh at how guilible I was.

Gene
Old 11-18-2004, 06:59 PM
kamz

what city is this Jeremy guy in? I was going to buy something from a buyer jjb2782 on 350zmotoring when he told me to send him a money order I told him that I would prefer to do paypal. He said he didn't have an account and would get back to me when he got home and opened one up. Haven't heard from him since. Is his area code (985)? His name was also Jeremy... maybe coincidence? or my paranoia...
Old 11-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kamz
what city is this Jeremy guy in? I was going to buy something from a buyer jjb2782 on 350zmotoring when he told me to send him a money order I told him that I would prefer to do paypal. He said he didn't have an account and would get back to me when he got home and opened one up. Haven't heard from him since. Is his area code (985)? His name was also Jeremy... maybe coincidence? or my paranoia...
Irvine, CA, 92162
Old 11-18-2004, 08:25 PM
pfizzle

so whats up with this guy mods... 5 people scammed with over 6-7k in scammed money... can a mod get his IP address and ban his ***
Old 11-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Machupo

something similar happens in the computer hardware fs/wtb forums I frequent quite a bit (higher volume, around 1000 threads a day), a bunch of the members got together and formed a sort of help group, they actually get quite decent return rates or incarceration rates for the trolls.

here ya go:
(and for the mods of this forum, they're pretty good dudes, I know quite a few of 'em from trading over the years)

http://www.trollhunters.com

Quick Reply: Jaerian - Bad Scammer Story #2!!