Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnt Orange Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 08:41 AM
mschroed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burnt Orange Leather Seats

I ordered the CS performance model w/ black cloth seats. Does anyone know where I can order the burnt orange leather seats from Nissan or anyone else? My Nissan dealer didn't help much. www.courtesyparts.com offers the black and tan mixed color seats but not the solid orange seats that look show so sweet on the cs car.
Attached Thumbnails Burnt Orange Leather Seats-350z-lthr.jpg  
Old 12-05-2002, 08:58 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't do it through the dealer. Even if they go through their own leather people, the palatte of colors they have to choose from does not include Burnt Orange. They do have an Orange, but it is a brighter Orange than the nice Burnt Orange that comes from the factory. I wanted the same color combo (in a Touring) as you and even got one of the sales managers to offer to swap out the Burnt Orange in his SB car. In the end I decided I liked the silverstone beter and ordered it with the Burnt Orange. Good thing, too, the Sales manager shortly after sold his car. Obviously someone makes the color, it's just a matter of finding it; you just won't do it through Nissan.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:11 AM
JAG

At our dealer, we can get the factory leather (any color) seats for $1100 for the pair I believe... so I don't see why you alls dealers can't get them for ya.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:24 AM
MustGoFastR

Originally posted by JAG
At our dealer, we can get the factory leather (any color) seats for $1100 for the pair I believe... so I don't see why you alls dealers can't get them for ya.
I would be interested in seing confirmation of this. The dealers can get leather from the factory in certain colors and two-tone combinations like what is depicted at the top of the post. This leather is not the same as what comes in the Touring, is not the same colors, is not perforated in the center sections, and is for non-side air bag seats only.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:34 AM
mschroed

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reponse..
Old 12-05-2002, 02:05 PM
JAG

Originally posted by MustGoFastR
I would be interested in seing confirmation of this. The dealers can get leather from the factory in certain colors and two-tone combinations like what is depicted at the top of the post. This leather is not the same as what comes in the Touring, is not the same colors, is not perforated in the center sections, and is for non-side air bag seats only.

I trust what you say over what I said, But--all I know is that my dealer will be able to get me the Burnt Orange interior for an Enthusiast if we go that route. Won't have the heat or power amenities that the Touring gets though.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:47 PM
jak

Thumbs up Burnt orange leather

You can get the burnt orange leather at www.auto-interior.com.

They quoted $690.00 for the two seats which is full leather all around even the back and sides.

The guy said they do not have the matching vinyl for the backs like all other leather seat colors so you get more leather than the factory seats which are half vinyl.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:28 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Default Re: Burnt orange leather

Originally posted by jak

They quoted $690.00 for the two seats which is full leather all around even the back and sides.

The guy said they do not have the matching vinyl for the backs like all other leather seat colors so you get more leather than the factory seats which are half vinyl.
Why the heck would a web site for a business like that try to block right clicking? I was trying to bookmark it just in case I shop around for leather, and it told me I didn't have permission.

Oh well, just hit enter a couple of times as you are right clicking and you can do what you want anyway. It is just annoying.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:45 PM
MustGoFastR

I didn't see the Burnt Orange on their site. I wonder if it's an exact match and if you can get the center sections perferated like on the Touring leather? It would be pretty hot to get this in a CS car; just like the show car!
Old 12-05-2002, 05:06 PM
jak

Originally posted by MustGoFastR
I didn't see the Burnt Orange on their site. I wonder if it's an exact match and if you can get the center sections perferated like on the Touring leather? It would be pretty hot to get this in a CS car; just like the show car!
The burnt orange apparantly is a new color. The guy sent me a .jpg of the leather. This is what he sent. I don't think the .jpg is true to the real thing. I'm going to see if I could get a sample before I order.

The guy said he could do just about anything, perferated, multiple colors, etc.
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Z33Fan

Try Classic Soft Trim. They're an authorized Nissan aftermarket leather installer. I've seen their work, and it's great.

www.classicsofttrim.com

BTW - if you do this, check this thread:Aftermarket Leather link #1

and this one about CST: Early CST Thread

another CST thread:
CST thread
Old 12-05-2002, 08:38 PM
sdpearso

I actually tried working with Clasic Soft Trim in CA. They said the only Nissan color they offer for my car is black. They can get the kit in custom colors but they don't have anything like burnt orange. They also told me that they have a contract with Nissan so if I wanted the seats done, I would have to go through my dealer and the dealer would give them the PO.

I don't know how accurate it is but this is what they told me.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:02 PM
nosuchsol

Default Re: Burnt orange leather

Originally posted by jak

Someone is stealing pics from someone. Hmmm... contacted Katzkin.com =\
Old 12-06-2002, 04:10 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you go to Katzkin Leather Interiors (Home -->Interiors -->Leather Colors)? They have an "orange" pretty similiar to the burnt orange and the leather on the seats is about the same as factory. Two-tone leather and/or perforated leather is a free upgrade. I had mine installed for ~$850 (Red/Black).

Last edited by Anyone2u; 12-06-2002 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:21 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

hey anyone2u, can you get a pic of your black and red 2 tone seats? thx
Old 12-06-2002, 09:03 AM
Slexis200

yes id like to see that as well......
Old 12-06-2002, 09:55 AM
jak

Default Re: Re: Burnt orange leather

Originally posted by nosuchsol
Someone is stealing pics from someone. Hmmm... contacted Katzkin.com =\
It is what the guy at auto-interiors sent me via e-mail. Are you saying he stole the pic and may not have this leather?
Old 12-06-2002, 01:58 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by mysteriumZ
hey anyone2u, can you get a pic of your black and red 2 tone seats? thx
I went with Black and Red because this is a "project" car for Boston Acoustics and their "colors" are black and red. I assumed (and prefer) that the "crotch rest" in the middle of the drivers seat would be black, but it came in "non-perforated" red leather which is fine. The stiching is also red and provides a better contrast in person. I have sat in a touring's leather seats and the "quality" feels the same.

By the way, you can see the progress of the car here if interested: Stereo install by BA. Can't wait for it to be put back together the way it was in this picture (with everything added of course)!

Last edited by Anyone2u; 12-06-2002 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:22 PM
nosuchsol

Default Re: Re: Re: Burnt orange leather

Originally posted by jak
It is what the guy at auto-interiors sent me via e-mail. Are you saying he stole the pic and may not have this leather?
No, on the guys website he has two little pics of a before and after for a camry. And on the Katzkin page they have a larger pic of the exact same interior. Maybe they are a certified installer of Katzkin so they get to use the pics, but I made sure to email Katzkin to tell 'em. The ones on Kat's site looks to be the originals rather than just blown up copies.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:31 PM
jak

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Burnt orange leather

Originally posted by nosuchsol
No, on the guys website he has two little pics of a before and after for a camry. And on the Katzkin page they have a larger pic of the exact same interior. Maybe they are a certified installer of Katzkin so they get to use the pics, but I made sure to email Katzkin to tell 'em. The ones on Kat's site looks to be the originals rather than just blown up copies.
I agree. I downloaded the Katzkin orange leather sample and blew it up in Paint Shop Pro. I compared it to the sample Auto-Interiors gave me and the grain pattern looks identical.

It's as if he cropped a rectangle from the center of the Katzkin sample and sent it to me.

Quick Reply: Burnt Orange Leather Seats